Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 05:07 AM   #376
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

The Mickey bars are my dads favourite. Any time anyone we know goes to Disney he tells them, "have a Mickey ice cream bar for me!" hahaha
Old 10-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #377
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

You are so right that anything tastes better when it's shaped like Mickey. It's a proven fact.

Mickey bars are my downfall. But they are oh so good.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #378
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
So very true!!!

On my class trip in June, faced with all the amazing choices for desserts in the food court, including make your own hot fudge sundaes, I chose...

The Mickey Bar!

You can get cheesecake anywhere in the world, but you only find Mickey-shaped ice cream bars in one place (well, a few places but you know what I mean)
I'm totally with you. You can't ever go wrong choosing a Mickey bar for dessert. Sometimes I wish Disney would produce Mickey bars you could buy at home, but then I realize it would take that special factor out of enjoying a Mickey bar in the parks!

Quote:
One night on the way out of MK, I enjoyed watching the CMs make different Mickey-shaped treats like chocolate covered apples and ginormous rice krispie treats. It was mesmerizing!

Not that you need any inspiration, but there are lots of Mickey-shaped treats appearing in this installment of my TR:

Wildest Ride in the Wilderness
Love those pictures! I could stand in the Confectionary for hours watching them make all the treats. I think deep down, Franklin dreams of buying one of those ginormous Mickey rice krispy treats. He'd give it his best shot, and probably puke in the process.

Quote:

Update on the AK Secret trail- I was reminded on someone else's trip report that part of the trail very close to the tree is closed down for safety reasons. Has something to do with a huge branch of the ToL that came down during a powerful windstorm in April

Thanks for the update on the AK trail. That's too bad. Maybe it will reopen before we go back in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
The Mickey bars are my dads favourite. Any time anyone we know goes to Disney he tells them, "have a Mickey ice cream bar for me!" hahaha
That's so funny! I'm sure you have a Mickey bar for him on each trip, no one would have to tell me twice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
You are so right that anything tastes better when it's shaped like Mickey. It's a proven fact.

Mickey bars are my downfall. But they are oh so good.
They are, they really are.

'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #379
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Favorite Things to Eat at Disney

Well here we are, the day before the trip! These past few weeks have really FLOWN by. I’m so excited for everything we have planned. And I can’t believe that this time tomorrow, we’ll be strolling through our “private entrance” to Epcot and taking in all that Food and Wine deliciousness. But before we leave, we’ve got a countdown AND a trip report to finish, so let’s get started, shall we?

1. Casey’s corn dog nuggets

Of all the things to eat at Disney World, it’s this simple snack that tops my list.

The corn dog nuggets from Casey’s Corner are little bundles of deep-fried goodness. Corn dogs are quite possibly the world’s most unhealthy food you can possibly eat, which is why I only allow myself to eat them when I’m in Disney World.

And no matter how unhealthy they may be, the corn dog nuggets are my must-do foods on all my Disney trips. They’re just so tasty. Perfectly crispy outside, moist breading on the inside. And you get the taste of a hot dog, without those icky buns Disney now forces upon us!

So that’s it, that’s the list. I want to hear from you friends, what are your three favorite things to eat in Disney World.

And if any of you are interested in following along on our trip, I’ll be tweeting everything and posting to Facebook:

Follow me on Twitter: @MissyRosenberg
Facebook: www.facebook.com/missyrosenberg (I’ll have to friend you for you to be able to see what I post to my wall.)

Thanks for reading along as we prepped for this trip. Now comes the fun part, putting all of these wonderful plans to use!
Can’t wait to report it all back to you guys when we get back!

The last chapters of the March trip are coming up next...
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Old 10-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #380
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Saying Goodbye to Mickey and Co.

We last left off making our FP window for Space Mountain by the skin of our teeth. There was one stop we had to make before leaving Magic Kingdom to go have lunch at Downtown Disney.

I just couldn’t leave Disney World without a spin on one of my favorite attractions!

It was that time that we all dread in any trip, it was time to say goodbye to the Magic Kingdom. I knew we’d be back in just seven months -- make that just one day now! -- but it’s just hard to leave.

Goodbye Main Street.

Goodbye train station.

During the entire month of March, the monorail was closed during the day. The construction at the Grand Floridian needed the crane to lift stuff over the monorail tracks, so it would’ve been unsafe to have the monorail trains running during that. Since Kotkham couldn’t walk all the way back to the Contemporary to get the car, we hopped in line for the bus back to CR they had running in the monorail’s absence.

Looks like we’re getting out just in time, look at all those orange shirts from a tour group arriving by ferry.

It took all trip, but I finally made it on a Disney bus!

We picked up the car and made our way to Downtown Disney.

We had one goal in mind.

Lunch! After years of waiting and buildup, we were finally going to try Earl of Sandwich.

We took one look at the line wrapped AROUND the restaurant, and thought about running for the hills. But the line appeared to be moving, so our group broke into two groups: the ordering crew and the table procurement crew.
It took maybe 10 minutes for both to happen.

Lunch was delicious. It lived up to every expectation. For the record, Franklin had the Original and I had the Ham and Cheese. Both were excellent!

After lunch, we did a bit of shopping. First up was the Christmas shop. Lala’s entire Christmas tree is filled with Disney ornaments, so this was a must-do for her!

Then I made a stop at Goofy’s Candy Co. for some last-minute treats.

And who can shop at DTD without stopping here?

But as the sun began to set, it was time to bid adieu to Disney property and head for the airport. We dropped off the rental car.

And had little trouble getting through security and onto the plane, where we all collapsed into our seats pretty exhausted.

After an uneventful flight,

we made it home, safe and sound after another WONDERFUL Disney trip.

This trip was amazing, and went above and beyond all my expectations. It was the first time Franklin and I had gotten to spend more than a few hours with Tanner and we loved every minute of it. I was so happy to see how much Tanner enjoyed Disney and we all can’t wait to go back together (a trip tentatively scheduled for December 2014!).

I hope you have enjoyed reading this TR and following along with our journey. And as one trip ends, another begins. I can’t wait to share our next trip with you and hope you’re as excited to join us on our next journey!

Old 10-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #381
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I can't believe that you guys are leaving tomorrow! I'm so excited for you and so jealous! F&W festival. Gotta love it.

I'll send you a request on Facebook, look out for me.

Last spin on the Peoplemover. One of my favorites!

Good choice for lunch! Earl of Sandwich yum yum yum! I always try to have something different every time I go there.

Great end to a great trip! I'm glad you guys had such a good time and are planning a return to the World (even if it's tentative).
Old 10-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #382
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

My top three foods would probably be...

3. puffed french toast
2. everything from 'Ohana (except the pork)
1. CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUP CUPCAKE FROM THE CONTEMPO CAFE.

I'll probably be tweeting you to the point of excessiveness! You're welcome.

Nice ending!! I enjoyed this for sure. Hooray!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #383
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
So that’s it, that’s the list. I want to hear from you friends, what are your three favorite things to eat in Disney World.
Hmm. That's a tough one. Ok well funnel cakes have to make it into the list. And churros too. I loved the cream cheese pretzel, in fact I'm craving one right now! Oh, and can I just say "All of breakfast at Boma"?
I sent you a friend request on Facebook, can't wait to hear all about this trip. Sounds like a blast!

As for the TR wrap up, a fantastic story indeed. I enjoyed reading about all of it. Tanner is just too cute, I hope to see him featured again some time!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #384
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

My Top Three!

1. Pretzel Bread and Potato Leek Soup at Biergarten

2. Dole Whip!

3. Zebra Domes

Ok now I'm hungry LOL

An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800
Old 10-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #385
Disneyluvr
DIS Veteran

I love your trip reports! And of course all the fabulous pics! I sent you a fr on FB. I'm Donna B****

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: