Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 78,017

Enterprise...similar to Alamo/National?

With Enterprise, is it similar to Alamo/National at MCO...pick your own car, plus a standard size =full size?
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,740

No, they give you a car. In some locations they escort you to the car, this gives them an opportunity to try to upgrade you and sell you insurance. You then do a detailed walk around the car which will be repeated on the return. My experience is that it appears to me that after a car is "old" for National and Alamo it heads to Enterprise.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 78,017

UGH.

Thanks.
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran
 
Karlzmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,398

Great....already dreading that my ressie is Enterprise rather than National, but I just can't stomach paying twice the price for National. Thanks for the warning...
__________________
= ME, 42= DH, 68 = DS, 8
POLY 2006 & 2008 YACHT CLUB 2008 & 2009
BWI 2011 OKW 2011WL 2011
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:12 AM   #5
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist
 
Planogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Frisco,Texas
Posts: 45,174

Maybe it depends on the location because our local Enterprise has some pretty nice cars with very low mileage. They pick the car for you but they will change it if they have others. I also like that they pick me up at home and then bring me home after I take it back.
__________________
PG
Planogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 46,925

My experience with Enterprise locally is that their cars are higher mileage and not clean.
__________________
DebbieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
GrnMtnMan
DIS Veteran
 
GrnMtnMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wash DC Metro Area
Posts: 1,319

At MCO Alamo, National, and Enterprise share the same pool of cars. GMEH1 works there (quote from the other thread):
Quote:
We share cars, we don't have barebone cars, per se. High miles, the only difference in mileage is on the EA, where we put the lower mileage cars there. Alamo, Enterprise and National reg. cars all come from the same pool. When the come in from the prep area we look at the mileage and assign from there depending on the need. If you had a car with XM it was because the car had less than a certain amount of miles or the trial had not expired. Back up cameras are found in some mini vans and SUV's and a few cars.

The counter service is the only way you can get a car at Enterprise. There is rarely a line there.
__________________
80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
CBR 3/00
YC 10/02, 9/06
Dolphin 10/04
DL - Grand Californian 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT 9/09, 12/10 - Father-Daughter Trip, 10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/14

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, 3/11, 4/12, 3/13, 4/14, 4/15

Last edited by GrnMtnMan; 10-02-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: typo
GrnMtnMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #8
gmeh1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMtnMan View Post
At MCO Alamo, National, and Enterprise share the same pool of cars. GMEH1 works there (quote from the other thread):
That is how they handle it at MCO. They take you to the section from the class of cars you have selected, you make your selection, they walk around the car with you and note damage, they also try to upsell you to another car class, but, they are not supposed to be pushy. Learn to say NO.
MCO shares cars between the three brands, it sends cars where they are needed, the only time that mileage counts is for the Emerald aisles. They have to be under 20K miles,(sometimes one slips by), but, that does not mean that only cars with higher mileage go to the "choice" rows. Many times you will find very very low mileage on the rows at Alamo, National and Enterprise.
You can find dirty cars anywhere and the three brands are not exempt from that. The three brands try very hard to spot the dirty ones and send them back to be cleaned. With 30K+ cars, it is a difficult task to take them from return to prep to back to the line. If you think the car is dirty, then don't take it, request something else and tell them you will wait if necessary. They have radios, they can call for something else most of the time. Exceptionally busy times might prove to be difficult, but, ask. It is your money, use your "consumer voice".
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #9
gmeh1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
With Enterprise, is it similar to Alamo/National at MCO...pick your own car, plus a standard size =full size?
At MCO, yes to your questions. They don't have a huge selection, so, if you want something specific, you will need to ask and let them know that you know they can radio from one or get it from National's choice row or Alamo's stock. Hint: if you want to know what year the car is, look for the sticker on the windshield, the year of the car is in the right hand corner. The size/cass is, for your rental either S-Car(standard) or F-Car (full size). Not sure where that is located, it is so automatic for me that I cannot remember.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #10
gmeh1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
My experience with Enterprise locally is that their cars are higher mileage and not clean.
I am not sure what higher mileage has to do with anything. They are well maintained vehicles and unless you are buying it, it really should not matter.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #11
gmeh1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlzmom View Post
Great....already dreading that my ressie is Enterprise rather than National, but I just can't stomach paying twice the price for National. Thanks for the warning...
Don't dread it, you will be fine. Just be cautious and picky. Don't settle for something you are not comfortable with. They can get other cars.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #12
matysgrandma
Mouseketeer
 
matysgrandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: oak forest, illinois
Posts: 379

We just arrived at Disney today and usually ALWAYS rent from National. Because their rates were way, way high, we went with Enterprise through Costco (double upgrade). No one in line at the counter, received exceptional service there. Paid for a mid size ($181.92) for 10/2 to 10/10,and was upgraded to a full size (Chevy Impala). We were given the opportunity to choose a mini van for the same price, which we chose. It has a little over 4000 miles which I consider pretty new. I was extremely impressed with Enterprise. I would use them again in a heartbeat.
__________________
PAM


matysgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #13
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!
 
jnfr2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 1,419

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
Don't dread it, you will be fine. Just be cautious and picky. Don't settle for something you are not comfortable with. They can get other cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
I am not sure what higher mileage has to do with anything. They are well maintained vehicles and unless you are buying it, it really should not matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
At MCO, yes to your questions. They don't have a huge selection, so, if you want something specific, you will need to ask and let them know that you know they can radio from one or get it from National's choice row or Alamo's stock. Hint: if you want to know what year the car is, look for the sticker on the windshield, the year of the car is in the right hand corner. The size/cass is, for your rental either S-Car(standard) or F-Car (full size). Not sure where that is located, it is so automatic for me that I cannot remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
That is how they handle it at MCO. They take you to the section from the class of cars you have selected, you make your selection, they walk around the car with you and note damage, they also try to upsell you to another car class, but, they are not supposed to be pushy. Learn to say NO.
MCO shares cars between the three brands, it sends cars where they are needed, the only time that mileage counts is for the Emerald aisles. They have to be under 20K miles,(sometimes one slips by), but, that does not mean that only cars with higher mileage go to the "choice" rows. Many times you will find very very low mileage on the rows at Alamo, National and Enterprise.
You can find dirty cars anywhere and the three brands are not exempt from that. The three brands try very hard to spot the dirty ones and send them back to be cleaned. With 30K+ cars, it is a difficult task to take them from return to prep to back to the line. If you think the car is dirty, then don't take it, request something else and tell them you will wait if necessary. They have radios, they can call for something else most of the time. Exceptionally busy times might prove to be difficult, but, ask. It is your money, use your "consumer voice".
gmeh1 I think I speak for many Thank You so much for all your advice
It is beyond appreciated!! I've learned so much about renting because of you
__________________
If you can dream it, you can do it - Horizons
Been there, done that since 1979 and will do it again at Disney!!!

jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:05 AM   #14
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,740

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMtnMan View Post
At MCO Alamo, National, and Enterprise share the same pool of cars. GMEH1 works there (quote from the other thread):
I realize this is the "offical" line but...

I have been told by a National manager that when the cars are "assigned" the older cars are sent to Enterprise. (This was after I had to return a car with high milage that was "leaking" The manager who was swapping me out said "This one should have been on Enterprise but we were short of cars" He went on to say that's the offical "priority" Newer cars on the Executive Aisle etc... which also agree with what our National employee says. So while the cars come from the same pool somehow the "newer" ones get on the Aisles so.....)

I also had a recent experience at National that COMPLETLY undercuts the "we can radio" story REALLY? What I got told was "we have no cars in your class go see Alamo" At Alamo I got told "you have no paperwork you can't have a car" So I walked to the OTHER side of the airport rather then deal with the two employees again. Over there still no cars on the correct aisle. That agent said "well Alamo has them" I finally did just take something off the Executive Aisle, but I didn't get any of the "helpful" service being advertised on here so apparenly if our National employee is not working you aren't going to get "radio service"
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #15
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 78,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
That is how they handle it at MCO. They take you to the section from the class of cars you have selected.......If you think the car is dirty, then don't take it, request something else and tell them you will wait if necessary. They have radios, they can call for something else most of the time. Exceptionally busy times might prove to be difficult, but, ask. It is your money, use your "consumer voice".
Thanks as always, gmeh. Do you have to go to the Enterprise counter all the time, or can you just go out to the garage like Alamo/National? If a car to your liking is not available in the E area, can you walk over to select in the A/N area? Or does the E rep have to call for a single car to be brought around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
At MCO, yes to your questions. They don't have a huge selection, so, if you want something specific, you will need to ask and let them know that you know they can radio from one or get it from National's choice row or Alamo's stock. Hint: if you want to know what year the car is, look for the sticker on the windshield, the year of the car is in the right hand corner. The size/cass is, for your rental either S-Car(standard) or F-Car (full size). Not sure where that is located, it is so automatic for me that I cannot remember.
This question is similar to my question right above. And also, not quite clear...at MCO, does a 'standard' size rental equate to a 'full size' car, as no real standard size there?
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.