Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #2371
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Teena. I know we tell you thank you all the time but I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Bob. I know how much of your 'off' time you spend helping others (online and in the lobby) so he must be quite the gentlemen to share you with others. You two so deserve your cruise time together and your Princess Lily time with that angel

. Thank you. And Thank Bob for us.

He looks like he would be so much fun!

Awesome post!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #2372
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
We're all packed and the cab is set to pick us up at 5:15 a.m. In just about 12 hours we'll be landing at MCO and heading for our first stay at BC! I'm so excited to try this resort and I promise to give live updates for all of you while we're there! 10 days in Disney World, I can't wait!

Woo-Hoo!!!

Wishing the most magical trip to you and to all the other lucky buggers who will be visiting the World and the BC/YC/BCV in the next week.

Have a great time!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #2373
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Teena. I know we tell you thank you all the time but I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Bob. I know how much of your 'off' time you spend helping others (online and in the lobby) so he must be quite the gentlemen to share you with others. You two so deserve your cruise time together and your Princess Lily time with that angel

. Thank you. And Thank Bob for us.

He looks like he would be so much fun!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #2374
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
The adventures of Flat Ben continue!!!

And now he has made friends!

Flat Ben, Flat Katie and Flat Madalyn are currently in the world with the girls' parents (Kat in GA and her DH) who enjoying a couples only trip.
My boys were looking over my shoulder while I was catching up on the thread, and when they saw the "Flat Kids," they were enthralled!!! And then they started talking about what they will do with the Flat Kids during our trip...because of course they assumed this is just another fun amenity offered by Disney. I had to break the news that Flat Ben, Flat Katie and Flat Madalyn do not live at the Yacht and Beach Club. When we have some more time, I'm sure they will greatly enjoy following Flat Ben's adventures on the other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
There should be a coupon for 15% off in your mickey mail. Don't forget it.
Thank you for this tip! We have already signed up both boys for the Sandcastle Club while DH and I enjoy the Rose & Crown and Candlelight Processional. To me, it is money well spent, but a coupon is always appreciated!

Welcome back, Teena!! I really enjoyed the pictures...thank you for sharing!! Bob looks like he is a great sport. I doubt my DH would be so accommodating about having his picture taken multiple times.

I have begun planning out my park strategies!! So excited--and also so thankful my sister-in-law is a Disney expert travel agent with lots of great info. Even the boys are getting into it, trying to help me decide which ride to do first at each park.

When I logged onto the Disney site today to look something up, it said only 60 days to go!!! Just two months!!

Hope all you folks going to F&W have a GREAT trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #2375
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph H View Post
I have begun planning out my park strategies!! So excited--and also so thankful my sister-in-law is a Disney expert travel agent with lots of great info. Even the boys are getting into it, trying to help me decide which ride to do first at each park. !
We love all the planning, too. It is half the fun. Our best park strategy is to run right over to Buzz Lightyear and do that ride first if we arrive at MK early. You can ride it several times before a line forms. After that, there are long lines.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #2376
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My boys were looking over my shoulder while I was catching up on the thread, and when they saw the "Flat Kids," they were enthralled!!! And then they started talking about what they will do with the Flat Kids during our trip...because of course they assumed this is just another fun amenity offered by Disney. I had to break the news that Flat Ben, Flat Katie and Flat Madalyn do not live at the Yacht and Beach Club. When we have some more time, I'm sure they will greatly enjoy following Flat Ben's adventures on the other thread.
I am so glad you and your kids were amused by the Flat Kids. I can't speak for Flat Katie and Flat Madalyn, but if your kids would really like to hang out with Flat Ben during your trip, that can be arranged...
Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #2377
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

Leaving at around 4 a.m. Friday morning for the airport, and of course there is drama at work If I am able to get everything taken care of by Thursday night it will be a miracle.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #2378
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Guess who is going to Disneyland for a day? Me, Jeanne and Princess Lily. We're going to the beach and Disneyland over a 3 day weekend Jeanne has off from school while I'm there in late October. Three of Jeanne's other friends are going too. Should be fun!!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #2379
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Guess who is going to Disneyland for a day? Me, Jeanne and Princess Lily. We're going to the beach and Disneyland over a 3 day weekend Jeanne has off from school while I'm there in late October. Three of Jeanne's other friends are going too. Should be fun!!
I am so excited for you! My dad, brother and I spent one day in DL back in 1978. I bet it has changed a little bit since then!

pixarmom is a DL vet. Maybe she will have some tips for you this week.

Last edited by natebenma; 10-03-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:21 AM   #2380
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Woo Hoo. California here we come.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:48 AM   #2381
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I am so glad you and your kids were amused by the Flat Kids. I can't speak for Flat Katie and Flat Madalyn, but if your kids would really like to hang out with Flat Ben during your trip, that can be arranged...
That would be wonderful! We would love to "show" him around!! I told DS#1 this morning that we might get to take Flat Ben with us, and he got a huge smile on his face. "How does he feel about roller coasters?" he asked.

Thank you!! What a fun idea!! I really think both my boys will enjoy this!

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Old 10-03-2012, 06:01 AM   #2382
LovintheLodge
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS
Hi Teena!! We really enjoyed our time at DL and DCA! Lily will love so many of the attractions there. If you venture over to DCA you have to check out Carsland. They really did it right!

Sounds like you had a great cruise...thanks for letting Dee post all the pictures. I would love to do a Disney cruise some day. At the end of the month hubby and I are taking a short cruise to Bermuda (out of NY) with 4 other couples.

Kerry
Beach Club - Aug 2010
Wilderness Lodge - Aug 2005
All Star Sports - Nov 2000 (1st family trip)
Offsite - May 1988
Offsite - Jan 1983
Old 10-03-2012, 06:50 AM   #2383
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That would be wonderful! We would love to "show" him around!! I told DS#1 this morning that we might get to take Flat Ben with us, and he got a huge smile on his face. "How does he feel about roller coasters?" he asked.

Thank you!! What a fun idea!! I really think both my boys will enjoy this!
Awesome! Can you email me at beachclubdee@yahoo.com so we can make arrangements. I can either mail FB to your home, or send one to the BC/YC for you to pick up when you check in.

Real Ben loves Big Thunder and Space Mountain, is not too keen on Everest and has not been on RockNRoller Coaster, but Flat Ben is fearless. No matter how scary something is, his expression never changes!

I added a few more pictures to the FB thread this morning.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #2384
Clarabel
Earning My Ears

In 28 sleeps we'll be waking up at Yacht Club. Too exciting

We're traveling from a very damp and chilly Cumbria in the UK. Can anyone clue me up as to what to expect from the weather there in early November? Will the kids be able to enjoy SAB? Is sitting poolside still a pleasure at this time of year?
TIA
Old 10-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #2385
glocon
DIS Veteran

Teena- what days are you working now-a-days? We will be checking in on Monday and checking out on Wednesday. Hope to see you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: