Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #16
jennjenn527
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16
I have found that the younger the child, the easier it is to please. Especially if they are just 1, 2, or 3. I buys gifts all year round to get great deals on toys. I have a gift closet that I pull from (or let the kids pull from when they have birthday parties). And I do that for my DD8 and DD10 and their friends. As they have gotten older, there are more specific requests but I just make sure I am buying those items all year. For instance, buying barbie items will satisfy many girls. And for the one girl it won't, you go get something else. But if you bought barbie's pool for 70% off, you WILL be able to use it for another child whether it is for Christmas or a Birthday.

Kids WANT to open gifts. But even if you give them the toy of the moment that they requested, it does not mean they will play with it more or less than the clearanced item you purchased.

I have tons of nieces and nephews I purchase for at Christmas and I budget $15 per child and usually ONLY spend $5 to $7 yet I get a ton of stuff - and stuff they like.

And guess what, if they don't like it or they get two of them or whatever, maybe that parent is fine with having that 'extra' gift for their gift closet. It ends up being one less gift they have to purchase in the future. (My theory is that a gift is a gift and it is up to the recipient on how to use it.)

Now you can just send the $25 and let them pick out what they want. But if you are on a tight budget, buy what YOU can afford. Don't go spending your money just because you want Susie to have the latest and greatest toy.

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android
Old 10-03-2012, 02:13 AM   #17
funkychunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjenn527 View Post
Posted from Disboards.com App for Android
sometimes its the cheap stuff thats the most fun. We get a race car (the matchbox ones) every year and spend at least a hour racing them (we make ramps and stuff). The kids love it. Last year we bought a couple sling shot monkeys thinking eh they may play with them. The monkeys come out all the time! the kids love trying to nail the cats!
RIP:
guiedo (guiena pig) bluebeard
funkychunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: