Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #16
xxpinksaltxx
Earning My Ears

Sure can. Hopefully a week or two. I'll let you know.
xxpinksaltxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:10 PM   #17
Beee
Mouseketeer

I just ordered ours today, so will keep you all posted on how long it takes to get to NZ. We're going in just over 2 months so plenty of time, I'm just trying to get things crossed off the list

Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #18
JennyN
Mouseketeer

I ordered ours yesterday. Looking forward to it arriving, means the holiday is closer.

Disneyland 1985, 93, 96, 98, 99, 02, 03, 05, 07,April 08 and Dec '08, Sept '11 and Dec '11, Nov '12, July '13 and Dec '13, Sept 14,
WDW 03,05,10 and 2011 Disney Wonder Cruise 2010
JennyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #19
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

this may seem a rather strange question, but does anyone know if you can order photopass plus and use it at both disneyland and disneyworld?

as we are going to both locations on our next trip, i would prefer to pay for the photopass plus in only one location and use it at both if possible?

and if not possible for photopass plus, does anyone know if you can use the regular photopass cards from both disneyland/wdw or dcl all on the one cd?

many thanks

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #20
miss.potatohead
Mouseketeer

I've read somewhere that the photopass plus must be purchased individually for both parks and cannot be used at both I think I may have read it on the photopass+ thread on the DLR board but not 100%

You are able to use the regular photopass at both DLR/WDW but you will pay for the WDW price if you use it at both (as it is more expensive at WDW than DLR) - again not 100% sure but I think providing your photos are taken within the 14 day window or activated in that time (the specifics confuse me!) then it'll go on the one cd.

Disney Cruise Line is different, they outsource their photography services to another company which means that the photos cannot be included on the photopass. They do their own cd type thing but I've heard it's rather $$. But then again, what isn't expensive that comes from the land of the mouse!
miss.potatohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #21
IvanovaTC
Earning My Ears

Discounts on Photopass+?

Hi all, Hoping that someone can help. There used to be a "sneaky" link that you could follow to pre-purchase a photopass card, prior to your trip, for $99 Does such a thing still exist? I'm travelling to WDW at the end of November, so there is still time to order a card (I hope) but I'm trying to save as many $$ as I can along the way.
IvanovaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #22
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

I ordered ours on the 20th of September from memory & it arrived on Friday, so roughly 2 weeks including a public holiday
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #23
Beee
Mouseketeer

My photopass+ arrived today so 10 days from ordering to arriving in NZ - very quick!

Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #24
xxpinksaltxx
Earning My Ears

Received my photopass today. Took 11 business days, not too bad. Would definitely recommend 3 weeks in advance for those who live in rural areas. Took 15 days to get to Melbourne.
xxpinksaltxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #25
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

I'm confused

Okay so I ordered my Photopass Plus online and it arrived today, which is great . However this is the bit that has confused me.

I thought it would be the actual "photopass" card however there is a sealed DVD case thing with a voucher attached that says I have to go to a Disney Photopass Centre to get the real card????

A. I don't know where to begin to find one of these Photopass Centres.

B. What is inside the DVD case if it's not the card.

C. How is this more convenient than just walking up to a Photopass person and getting them to hand you a card?

I clearly should have researched this before ordering it. It doesn't seem to be easier to do it this way.

Any help or information would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Lisa

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:01 AM   #26
minime3
Disneyland addict!

I ordered mine on the 11th of oct and it still hasn't arrived. We leave in 6 days so I emailed Disney to see here it is. Did anyone get a tracking number when it was sent? I didn't get sent any tracking info for it.
minime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:24 AM   #27
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime3 View Post
I ordered mine on the 11th of oct and it still hasn't arrived. We leave in 6 days so I emailed Disney to see here it is. Did anyone get a tracking number when it was sent? I didn't get sent any tracking info for it.
Wow, I hope it arrives in time. That was probably cutting it very close to your travel date but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it arrives.

Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Old 10-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #28
ExcitedSam
Mouseketeer

Ms Suttergirl, the photo place is on main street in Disneyland on the right hand side as you walk towards the castle. You swap it for an actual card. Inside the DVD case is a DVD with photos of disney and CA.

Probably not more convenient than getting one from a photographer, but you can't get the "plus" card from them, when they see this card they will take a lot more pics than usual.

We have just returned and got 3 ride pictures and two character dining packs, actual photos in a folder as well as the pics on our card. We did more rides but the pics were no good so didn't get them added.

I just ordered our CD today after editing and adding borders to pics, you can save them as copies so ended up with a lot more pictures than I started with. Also included on my account were pictures of cars land which were not on the original CD as it's new. you should have a code with your stuff so when you order the CD it will be free instead of $69.99, all you pay is shipping.

I'll try and check in again if anyone has anymore questions. I thought it was great value for money.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #29
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Excited Sam - thank you for the detailed information. It's good to know you felt that it was worthwhile. We are actually visiting WDW so I'm wondering where in the parks I will be able to pick up my card.

I do like the idea of getting the ride photos included.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #30
JessL
Earning My Ears

Ours took about 2 weeks to arrive as well. We're in Melbourne. I'm sure you'll find somewhere easily to swap your voucher for a card. Personally, I'd make it one of the first things you do so you can take advantage of any Photopass photographers with characters.

For us, it was great to be able to get photos with me in them! I'm always the one behind the camera, so the photopass ones are just about the only photos that I appear in. We got ride photos and a couple of character dining ones (also with the physical photos in a pack at the end of our meal) and we took advantage of just about every photographer we saw. Sometimes they were really quiet and spent quite a bit of time taking extra shots for us. Not all the photos were great, but there were enough.

We've now put together a calendar for each of the grandparents through the photopass site using the photos and a Disney photo book. The photo book was comparable to good non-Disney ones, and it had the option of Disney themed background pages and 'stickers' to add. Much more cheesy than the type of photo book I'd normally put together, but absolutely perfect for that holiday!
JessL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: