Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
stpats317
Mouseketeer

Question on Scooters

Good Morning all - first time posting to this board. We will be arriving at WDW in 55 days (yay!). We have visited many times and during some of those recent visits have had to rent ECVs, once for my husband after knee surgery and once for me due to sciatic issues that came up after a couple of commando days in the parks.

My husband is suffering from increasingly more painful arthritis in his hips and up until this visit has proudly refused to rent an ECV. For this visit however, we have decided to rent for the week rather than paying the daily rate in the parks. I want him to enjoy his visit without being in pain the whole time.

I just reserved a scooter from Buena Vista (recommended by AllEars). We are going to have a rental car so we rented the Revo that is supposed to be able to be taken apart into five "easy to lift parts" and "will fit in the most economical car."

My questions are (and I know I took a long time to get to the point): Does anyone have experience with this model of scooter? Is it really easy to take apart? Does it really fit easily into a trunk (we have rented a mid-size, Sentra or the like)?

Any answers or advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
stpats317
Mouseketeer

Helloooooo...Anybody???

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpats317 View Post
Good Morning all - first time posting to this board. We will be arriving at WDW in 55 days (yay!). We have visited many times and during some of those recent visits have had to rent ECVs, once for my husband after knee surgery and once for me due to sciatic issues that came up after a couple of commando days in the parks.

My husband is suffering from increasingly more painful arthritis in his hips and up until this visit has proudly refused to rent an ECV. For this visit however, we have decided to rent for the week rather than paying the daily rate in the parks. I want him to enjoy his visit without being in pain the whole time.

I just reserved a scooter from Buena Vista (recommended by AllEars). We are going to have a rental car so we rented the Revo that is supposed to be able to be taken apart into five "easy to lift parts" and "will fit in the most economical car."

My questions are (and I know I took a long time to get to the point): Does anyone have experience with this model of scooter? Is it really easy to take apart? Does it really fit easily into a trunk (we have rented a mid-size, Sentra or the like)?

Any answers or advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Just kidding. I was hoping someone on this board might have experience with this model of scooter.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

We used the Pride Gogo. My daughter made a game of it, and could assemble or disassemble one in 22 seconds!

We didn't use the Revo, but it is similar to the Gogo. My daughter is in her mid-thirties. She had no issues understanding how to take apart, put together, etc & had no issues transporting it.

We purchased a lift this year. Out came the honesty that by mid-week, the weight of it all was really getting to her. The seat was the heaviest part.

I suggest renting it - then using a combination of car & bus transportation. This way, you're not stuck each time.

Good luck to you. You are a wonderful person to help your hubby so much!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
stpats317
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Pluto View Post
We used the Pride Gogo. My daughter made a game of it, and could assemble or disassemble one in 22 seconds!

We didn't use the Revo, but it is similar to the Gogo. My daughter is in her mid-thirties. She had no issues understanding how to take apart, put together, etc & had no issues transporting it.

We purchased a lift this year. Out came the honesty that by mid-week, the weight of it all was really getting to her. The seat was the heaviest part.

I suggest renting it - then using a combination of car & bus transportation. This way, you're not stuck each time.

Good luck to you. You are a wonderful person to help your hubby so much!
Thanks for the info. We plan on taking the car except to MK. My biggest concern was if it would fit in the trunk after taking it apart.

Thanks again!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
iuki
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpats317 View Post
Thanks for the info. We plan on taking the car except to MK. My biggest concern was if it would fit in the trunk after taking it apart.

Thanks again!
I have a Pride GoGo, and it fits in the trunk of my Honda Civic sedan.
iuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
peemagg
We are doing the AKL tri-fecta
You will find us wrapped up in them at night and on the weekends

I also have the Pride Go-Go. It fits nicely in the trunk of a Ford Fusion and I have even placed it in the trunk of a Mustang Convertible, but would not recommend that combination. That was a real tight fit! LOL!
peemagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #7
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

I own a Pride 3-wheel Revo scooter and I keep all of the parts in my Nissan Maxima car.

They don't make the Pride Revo scooter anymore, but here is the manual if it might help.

www.pridemobility.com/pdf/owners_manuals/US_Scooter/US_Revo_3_4_om.pdf

The pieces all come apart. I can't put luggage in the trunk, but I put soft bags and other things around the parts in the trunk. I put my suitcase in the back seat.

For me, overtime, it has gotten to hard to lift the motor part (48 lbs or 22 kg) at the end of a long day, so I don't use it much at home anymore.

I do use just the bus/boat/monorail system exclusively at WDW since I stay on property.

Keep in mind I would have to take the pieces out the trunk when arriving and departing at each destination. If was no problem when I was healthier and that was one of the positives was that it could be taken apart and put in my car trunk.

I guess you have to ask the question if you can lift 48 lbs by yourself each time in and out of the trunk.

If you can, then it will easily fit in most car trunks when everything is taken apart.

Here is the manual of one of the Pride Go Go's. The weight is much lighter.

www.pridemobility.com/scooters/gogoelitetraveller.asp

http://www.pridemobility.com/scooter...vellerplus.asp

The heaviest part isn't even the motor. It is the front section that is the heaviest at 28 lbs. There are different Go Go scooters and the HD one is only 4 lbs heavier, but is still the front section and not the motor end.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Wishes.

RaySharpton is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: