Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 769 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #1831
jreeves628
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcthree View Post
For future reference, you can find a list in the first post. I think it is still updated regularly.

Edit: OK, maybe it's not updated regularly, lol. First post says it is updated through page 75.
I actually did see those two posts a few days ago. I was hoping for more ideas as there seems to be many for other movies. I guess ratatouille isnt as popular.
jreeves628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #1832
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

We are going to do Cinderella this weekend! We are going to the pumpkin patch on Saturday, so I thought that would be a nice tie-in. We'll probably decorate our pumpkins as our activity. I wonder if I could find pumpkin ravioli at the grocery store? For dessert we could have chocolate mice (chocolate-covered strawberries with almond sliver ears.)

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #1833
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
We are going to do Cinderella this weekend! We are going to the pumpkin patch on Saturday, so I thought that would be a nice tie-in. We'll probably decorate our pumpkins as our activity. I wonder if I could find pumpkin ravioli at the grocery store? For dessert we could have chocolate mice (chocolate-covered strawberries with almond sliver ears.)

Ooo - love the mouse idea! I'd love to see photos when you are done!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #1834
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Thank you all so much for the wonderful ideas! For Christmas this year, I am going to purchase the supplies, decor, and print menus/recipe cards. Then, I am going to put them into boxes. Instant Disney movie night party boxes as gifts for DD12! She loves family movie nights, but I have a hard time remembering to buy the decor and stuff in advance. This will allow her to plan the parties, and I won't have to do any last minute decorating!

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:58 AM   #1835
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMickee View Post
The games

Drawing inspiration from the ride in WDW, Shoot Camp, Hamm & Eggs and Spinning Tossers are named after games played on Toy Story Mideway Mania.

The game boxes are made from, just that, boxes. Large cardboard boxes, covered with striped table cloth, from a roll. Inside each is lined with wrapping paper then decorated, based on it's theme. In total, the games run 12 feet long!

"Andy's Room"

"Army Men Shoot Camp"

"Hamm & Eggs"

"Al's Toy Barn"

"Buzz Lightyear's Flying Tossers"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
After dinner, we went into the backyard to play 9 holes of Goofy's Garden Golf. I failed to get a picture of the sign.

Hole 1.

Every garden needs a money tree, right?

Stop and spray the pesky bugs here.

'Corny' jokes were all over the course. The kids didn't get them all, but the grown-ups got a chuckle, and there was some rolling of the eyes.

If Bella (just turned 3) couldn't make the shot, she just put in the hole/bucket/whatever.

Consulting on a crucial shot.

You can tell by the decorations this was a pro level course.

Micah was happy to throw the pumpkins around the pumpkin patch.

He tried his best to pick up the watermelon.

It was a fun evening for all of the little ones.

love the game ideas
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #1836
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Great Toy Story games! Cute mini golf, too.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #1837
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

So, this past Saturday was our Aladdin movie night. This was, by far, our hardest movie night...because two out of three of our children were sick. My BFF and her family were supposed to join us, but we didn't want to risk sharing our illness with her kids, so we went it alone.

The invitation:

The decorations weren't what I had planned, but I was unable to find key elements needed for my plan ...so I had to make do with what I could find:

The food...

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with Pita Chips:

Garlic and Olive Oil CousCous:

Honey Chicken Kabobs

The recipe I used for the kabobs ( http://joelens.blogspot.com/2011/08/...en-kabobs.html) turned out delicious!!!

Abu's Caramel Monkey Bread:

Craft Time (I did not even try to get anyone to look at the camera and smile...remember we had sick children):

And the finished product (DH and I made Magic Carpets, too ):

Our next movie night theme with be.......
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #1838
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Wrapping out last movie nights before we leave Friday

This isn't Disney, but since we are "going to the dark side" this trip, we did a Harry Potter night

Table setting

Menu and activity sheet

Minnie always holds the movie, and she was okay with holding HP

Some 2 liter covers I found at a party store. My original plan was butter beer but I couldn't find the required butter extract anywhere

Wizard hat cupcakes

Magic wand (pretzels)

Our "slytherin sandwich". He got a little fatter than I intended

The kids pride and joy "troll bogies" AKA tapioca pudding

Making "potions". I found fizzy drink mixes and they were mixed in the "cauldron" with club soda

My favorite part of the night was the "Bertie Bott Every Flavor Bean experiment". I had the box, so I pulled 3 of one kind out and made DH, DD and DS try to guess the flavor. It was all fun and games until they came across soap, earthworm and vomit flavored ones.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #1839
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
My favorite part of the night was the "Bertie Bott Every Flavor Bean experiment". I had the box, so I pulled 3 of one kind out and made DH, DD and DS try to guess the flavor. It was all fun and games until they came across soap, earthworm and vomit flavored ones.

Oh Chelley, you are wicked!!! I have seen those flavors of Jellybeans before! That is awesome!!!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #1840
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Can you tell me how you made the Slytherin sandwich? We're going to do our HP night at the end of the month.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
Old 10-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #1841
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
Can you tell me how you made the Slytherin sandwich? We're going to do our HP night at the end of the month.
It's just pizza dough in a tube (Pillsbury) I used one tube for the bottom, layered it with pepperoni and mozzarella, then unrolled another can of dough on top of it, then shaped it like a snake. Egg whites with green food coloring made the green color.

Eyes are grapes (supposed to be olives but we didn't have any) and tongue is a pepperoni cut into a forked shape. I gave them tomato sauce to dip their slices in.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #1842
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

I had planned an entire movie night around Dr Seuss (also for our Universal/IOA trip) but we ended up having a very full schedule last weekend and I condensed it to just the food and table setting. We haven't even been able to watch the movies yet (Cat in the Hat, Whorton Hears a Who) and we were going to make "Thing One and Thing Two cupcakes" I found on Pinterest but ran out of time.

My crappy version of of green eggs and ham
Old 10-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #1843
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00

It's just pizza dough in a tube (Pillsbury) I used one tube for the bottom, layered it with pepperoni and mozzarella, then unrolled another can of dough on top of it, then shaped it like a snake. Egg whites with green food coloring made the green color.

Eyes are grapes (supposed to be olives but we didn't have any) and tongue is a pepperoni cut into a forked shape. I gave them tomato sauce to dip their slices in.
Thanks!

Old 10-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #1844
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieC View Post
I know the last picture didn't come out that clearly. Basically I wrote all of the information from here: http://www.whatsitsgalore.com/disney/stitch.html

On the front, blank, part of the index card I wrote the experiment number and name. On the other, lined side, I wrote its name, powers, weakness (if there was one), and other fun facts. There was also a picture on this side.
Thanks for the link.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #1845
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
We've expanded our days a bit and call them Disney DAYS instead of Disney movie days. Last week we did Club Cool, the kids made their own soda and had a good time!

Club Cool Disney Day
where did you get the base mixture recipe? I can't read the last part of it in the photo?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: