DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #16
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
The other option would be to put the vouchers you've already purchased away for a future year, and purchase the $399 tickets for this year (since those need to be activated before 2014). That just ties up the cash you paid for your current vouchers for a full year or more.
That's what I'm planning on doing, will just have to save those vouchers for another year.

I had emailed Disney about upgrading my voucher when I got there in Dec, their response was

Any Annual Pass that was purchased at a retail price less than $399 is
eligible to be upgraded to a Premium Annual Pass during the promotional
period, October 1 – December 31, 2012.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #17
cmehling
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
I had emailed Disney about upgrading my voucher when I got there in Dec, their response was

Any Annual Pass that was purchased at a retail price less than $399 is
eligible to be upgraded to a Premium Annual Pass during the promotional
period, October 1 – December 31, 2012.
How would one purchase a annual pass that was less than $399 in the first place? From what I understand these are current DVC discount prices...

Annual Pass $452.63 (Including Tax)
AP Renewal $410.03 (Including Tax)

Perhaps if you use the Renewal price, without tax, that would be under $399.

cmehling is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #18
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmehling View Post
How would one purchase a annual pass that was less than $399 in the first place? From what I understand these are current DVC discount prices...

Correct. Must be $399 or less pre-tax. The adult renewal rate prior to the June 2012 price increase was around $385. Also the child AP (age 3-9) was approx the same $385 price before June.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #19
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I just sent DVC an email based on what I have read today.

If I had purchased a renewal I could upgrade. But since I purchased a new AP I can't????

I was fine until the above. If they hadn't let ANYONE upgrade no biggie but this is just bizarre. I said I didn't want an refund but I should not be penalized for paying MORE them my friend who was there at the same time as me...

I would encourage EVERYONE who is impacted to let them know that they are being stupid LOL!
Just remember when you are telling them they are stupid, that DVC did not make that decision, Disney Ticketing did. (actually it was probably Marketing that made the decision.)

And Disney ticketing is probably thinking we give you a $300 discount and you want to tell us we are stupid.

Just saying.

Last edited by Sammie; 10-03-2012 at 12:14 AM. Reason: addition
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #20
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie

Just remember when you are telling them they are stupid, that DVC did not make that decision, Disney Ticketing did.

And Disney ticketing is probably thinking we give you a $300 discount and you want to tell us we are stupid.

Just saying.
Right.

People demanding discounts on top of already discounted tickets.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #21
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Just remember when you are telling them they are stupid, that DVC did not make that decision, Disney Ticketing did.

Just saying.
Personally I think the more sensible approach would be to not allow upgrades of ANY current tickets...but to allow unredeemed vouchers to be upgraded. And I say that as someone who is considering upgrading a current ticket.

I'm still a little dumbstruck that Disney is drawing a line in the sand regarding vouchers. A member could have literally purchased a voucher an hour before the perk was announced, and they will still be denied any sort of upgrade rights.

I'm keenly aware that rules are necessary and not everyone can "win" on every perk. But I still think they dropped the ball on this one. Not customer friendly at all.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #22
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmehling View Post

I have an AP voucher that cost $399 pre-tax. I bought it a couple of years ago to beat a price increase and for various reasons I have not redeemed it yet. So perhaps they are referring to AP vouchers purchased before the price rose above $399.

The current renewal price is still under $399 so if someone has a renewal voucher that could be applied toward a PAP.

I agree it would be better if they allowed people to exchange any current AP or AP voucher regardless of cost for the discounted PAP. Allowing some to do it and not others, particularly those who paid more to begin with, doesn't make sense.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #23
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I am sure there is some obscure marketing and accounting reason for the decision, something probably none of us would agree with or even understand.

I guess it has to all equal out and since they can't give you money back on ticket purchases, they can't downgrade. I do know their money has to come out to the penny. I had a 2 cent mistake once on my bill and it was a huge deal to them.

They can upgrade because you pay the difference.

I do understand frustration, but I also know there have been other promotions that not everyone could take advantage of. With hundreds of thousands of members, sometimes that is just not possible.

The regular Annual Pass for DVC is $425 and the new one if $399, how would they account for $26 if they allowed anyone to exchange a AP voucher for the new PAP.

Where they messed up is when they decided to discount the PAP, they should have made them the same price or a dollar more.

Last edited by Sammie; 10-03-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #24
cvjw
DIS Veteran

We upgraded our regular DVC AP's to the DVC PAP's at DHS a couple of days ago. Our AP's were renewals, which cost us $385 - which is less than the new price of $399. It was a very easy process - took about 5 minutes, and cost $14 per pass to upgrade.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #25
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjw View Post
We upgraded our regular DVC AP's to the DVC PAP's at DHS a couple of days ago. Our AP's were renewals, which cost us $385 - which is less than the new price of $399. It was a very easy process - took about 5 minutes, and cost $14 per pass to upgrade.
Thanks for the update. This is what we are hoping/planning to do next Friday when we arrive. We both have active renewed APs that cost less than the $399 new PAP. If it all works out, we plan to visit a water park. We haven't visited a water park in a long time, since the prices are too high and the discount for AP holders isn't very good.

Wouldn't it be nice if Disney would let folks who paid more than the $399 price (holding a voucher or an active AP) upgrade to the new PAP and take the overpayment of $26 and donate it to a charity. Just a thought!

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #26
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjw View Post
Great news! We'll give it a try in November also.
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mom_rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #27
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just remember when you are telling them they are stupid, that DVC did not make that decision, Disney Ticketing did. (actually it was probably Marketing that made the decision.)

Just saying.
My expereince is telling folks they are stupid is rarely helpful.

I just pointed out that this was NOT good Customer Service and that is something Disney prides itself on. I also indicated that if they hadn't let anyone upgrade this would have made sense but to say "you paid more so you can't have more benefits" was not good service
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #28
gripp35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post
Right.

People demanding discounts on top of already discounted tickets.
To be sure, Sammie's (quite appropriate) comments were directed at someone who was NOT demanding (or even asking) for a discount on top of a discount. They were actually asking to get less of a discount...
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #29
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
The regular Annual Pass for DVC is $425 and the new one if $399, how would they account for $26 if they allowed anyone to exchange a AP voucher for the new PAP.
Write off the difference?

I can't speak to the sort of accounting controls Disney has in place today, but I do know that back in 2005 when the AP discount was first introduced they did allow such upgrades. The non-discounted price of an AP was about $7 more than a discounted PAP and the upgrades were permitted. Ticket reps were instructed that no refunds were to be issued but there were scattered reports of people even getting the money back.

I agree that a line had to be drawn in the sand. I just don't agree with where Disney decided to draw that line.

In our case, we have one child's AP which is eligible for an upgrade and two adult APs which are not. People with $425 vouchers are being told no upgrades while folks with $385 vouchers or MYW tickets can upgrade.

The policy almost seems petty on Disney's part. "Yes we will let you upgrade but only if you will give us more money in the process!" Forget the fact that the people they are turning-away already paid MORE than $399.

I had the same thought as you about the pricing. Too bad they didn't just make the PAP $426.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #30
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripp35 View Post
To be sure, Sammie's (quite appropriate) comments were directed at someone who was NOT demanding (or even asking) for a discount on top of a discount. They were actually asking to get less of a discount...
When you buy a voucher it says that they are non-transferable and non-refundable. Even though they don't have to give you the cost difference between DVC AP and discounted PAP, they probably would still have to process it as a refund in their system, going against the policy you agreed to when you bought the voucher.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: