Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #76
DanaLynn07
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
For anyone currently at POP or headed to POP soon, if you think about it, could you see if they sell the 9" plain white vinylmation at the gift shop? I a hoping to get one before we head to the parks on arrival day.

24 more days!
We were there in mid September and I'm 99% sure Everything Pop had the large white vinylmations near the doors to the buses. One of our neighboring rooms used a white 9" vinylmation for characters to sign and kept it in their hotel window at night, it was absolutely adorable.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #77
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaLynn07 View Post
We were there in mid September and I'm 99% sure Everything Pop had the large white vinylmations near the doors to the buses. One of our neighboring rooms used a white 9" vinylmation for characters to sign and kept it in their hotel window at night, it was absolutely adorable.
Oh THANK YOU! That is exactly what I plan to do with it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #78
DopeysMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425
For anyone currently at POP or headed to POP soon, if you think about it, could you see if they sell the 9" plain white vinylmation at the gift shop? I a hoping to get one before we head to the parks on arrival day.

24 more days!
I just bought a glow in the dark one from the Disney Store web site. I can't wait to get it signed!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #79
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeysMom View Post
I just bought a glow in the dark one from the Disney Store web site. I can't wait to get it signed!
That was my plan B.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #80
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Staying at POP for first time ever next week (11th-15th). Doing online check-in and wanted to know the quietest area? Lol. I know I have posted before, but I NEED quiet to get to sleep. Any suggestions?
Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #81
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Staying at POP for first time ever next week (11th-15th). Doing online check-in and wanted to know the quietest area? Lol. I know I have posted before, but I NEED quiet to get to sleep. Any suggestions?
We believe the lake view rooms are very quiet, also suggest you ask for an upper floor as well. Lake view rooms are standard ... what category did you book??

For lakeview rooms, we like bldg 3 (50s) and bldg 4 & 5 (60s) the best. 70s area is a very good location as well, its the one area we have not stayed in. Sandi on our POP thread has and I know she likes it.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #82
Maxim
Earning My Ears

Is someone checking in on the 4th?
ASM : XMas 1999
POP Century : Sept 27 to Oct 05 2012
If you think I write funny stuff, don't worry, it's only because I'm French
Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #83
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

Booked at POP from 10/31 to 11/6 in a preferred pool view. Any room suggestions....would like semi privacy? Hubby wants 1st floor....son wants 2nd floor.
2009 AsMu - Our 1st MNSSHP with the MA Family
2010 CBR - Our 1st MVMCP with YaYa, Morgan & Marek
2011 Our 1st Disney Dream Cruise with one night at the Contemporary
2012 Wilderness Villas - Girls Night at Disney - Mother/Daugther Trip

Hoping DH will let me plan a trip for 2013 to see the expansion then on to planning a Disneyland vacation!!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #84
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252
I'm with Janet on selecting a lake view room. We have found them to be the quietest of the various locations to which we've been assigned. We have had lake view rooms in the 50s and 70s sections and were very happy with both. I personally prefer ground floor rooms for convenience, but for absolute quiet, my guess is that a 4th floor, lake view would be as good as it gets. Also, a white noise machine or app helps a lot!

Old 10-03-2012, 04:46 AM   #85
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

MeMom!! Yes, if possible, can you take a pix of the road sign I'm missing .... see post 1 for the ones I have ...
I will do my best. We won't have a car, so I can't slow down and get a good shot at will, but I will do my best from the buses. I don't know if the guard booth folks would let me walk out there for a picture or not, but I enjoy morning walks around Pop, so I might give that a try.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #86
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I am back from another quick trip to Pop. We just stayed Sept 30 - Oct 2. Once again it was fabulous! Mousekeeping was exceptional. This time we got an elephant towel animal, towels for the pool, and extra shampoo. We were in building 3 again in the 50's. This time we were in room 3162. We were so close to the classic hall and equal distance to the 50's pool as the Hippy Dippy Pool!!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #87
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I am back from another quick trip to Pop. We just stayed Sept 30 - Oct 2. Once again it was fabulous! Mousekeeping was exceptional. This time we got an elephant towel animal, towels for the pool, and extra shampoo. We were in building 3 again in the 50's. This time we were in room 3162. We were so close to the classic hall and equal distance to the 50's pool as the Hippy Dippy Pool!!
3162 is a GREAT location!

Did you book preferred, or was this assigned to you anyway?

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 10-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #88
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
3162 is a GREAT location!

Did you book preferred, or was this assigned to you anyway?
No I booked standard. Check in was a bit of a problem. For some reason they couldn't get my credit card linked to the room key. I couldn't do it at online check in either. They thought maybe it was because I stayed there 2 weeks previously and the credit card company was trying to protect me? They didn't say it was preferred and there was no mention of an upgrade. I was wondering if it was a preferred location though. Now I know! Thanks!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #89
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom
Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet B

MeMom!! Yes, if possible, can you take a pix of the road sign I'm missing .... see post 1 for the ones I have ...

I will do my best. We won't have a car, so I can't slow down and get a good shot at will, but I will do my best from the buses. I don't know if the guard booth folks would let me walk out there for a picture or not, but I enjoy morning walks around Pop, so I might give that a try.
Janet,
If MeMom can't get your picture for you and you want me to, I will be there the end of this month and we will have a car for part of our stay. We arrive on the 31st.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
Old 10-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #90
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

After booking at CBR and then POR...we have decided on Pop! I love this resort!! As much as I would love to try another resort, it just makes sense to stay here again!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: