Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
ABBMommy
Earning My Ears

Obvious first-timer question! :)

How far apart are the 4 main parks? We'll have a rental car, but I dont' know if that's the best way to travel between them.

We have park-hopper passes as part of a MAW trip and I'm not sure how much hopping we'll be doing or is possible! There's one day I'm hoping to spend split between two parks.
ABBMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABBMommy View Post
How far apart are the 4 main parks? We'll have a rental car, but I dont' know if that's the best way to travel between them.

We have park-hopper passes as part of a MAW trip and I'm not sure how much hopping we'll be doing or is possible! There's one day I'm hoping to spend split between two parks.
No traffic, you can drive between the 4 major parking lots in 10 minutes max. Getting from the lots to their respective parks will add anywhere from 15-45 minutes more, depending on park and time of year.

Cue debate on whether driving or park-to-park buses is better for you.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

I'm sure someone will come along and give you the specific distances but I can give you a general idea. The drive between each of the parks is typically less than 20 minutes. What will likely the most time is getting to your car and then parking again at another park. I would figure about an hour to transfer from one to another. There are buses that you can take from one park to another which would reduce your time but then you would have to take the bus back to the original park to retrieve your vehicle so that really isn't worth it. The easiest parks to transfer between are Epcot & MK. You can take the monorail to and from each of the parks to the TTC (Ticket & Transporation Center) and switch monorails there to go to the other park. If you park at the MK (which is actually parking at the TTC) you could do both MK & Epcot easily in one day.

I hope you enjoy the Wish trip. We went for my sister's Wish triop many years ago and it was an absolutely wonderful experience!
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

If you are staying onsite, it's better to take the bus to MK. If you are not staying onsite, having a car is great, because then you don't have to wait for your hotel shuttle to come by.

If your MAW child is medically fragile, I'd suggest taking your own car no matter what - WDW transportation can be pretty intense, crowded, long lines, long waits, etc.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
jennykay
Mouseketeer

As a rule of thumb, I'd say plan for it to take an hour from the exit of one park to the entrance of another whether you drive or use the bus. That includes walking to your car, driving, parking, and walking in OR waiting for the bus and riding. It could be less, but if you want to be there at a certain time give yourself an hour.

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
jennykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #6
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

There is a boat that goes from Epcot to the studios as well.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT 40th B-day Trip Report
Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
KMcCP
Mouseketeer

We like park hopping as well - and I prefer renting a car just because of the convenience of it. We tend to do a long morning/early afternoon at a park, go home for a while and rest/swim, then go somewhere for dinner or fireworks. I feel like with the buses we spend a lot of time waiting and transferring. Like many others we also have many ADRs, and I'm too neurotic to rely on transportation to get me where I need to be! I do agree w a PP though that taking the bus to the MK is a good idea.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: