Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #16
FullOfPixieDust
Earning My Ears

We drive, so we're able to take more with us than most people, but I bring a full first aid kit that I've put together with us every trip. It has absolutely everything we could possibly need (all types of OTC meds, nail clippers, tweezers, etc.) and it's so nice to have. We need something completely random (and different from the time before!) every trip!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #17
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter View Post

We kept getting those gross worms coming in on our shoes or in through the cracks somehow...and they were everywhere even the tub. Eww. I stepped on one...thank goodness I was wearing socks!
What? Worms? What?
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #18
kdwashere
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsmommy View Post
I agree with the more underwear thing!!! Double the amount of days you are there and pack that many pairs!!!
I should add place extra underware in a seperate location.

My best friend was studying abroad in Vienna two years ago and on a long weekend she decided to travel to Ireland with her roommates. When they got to their rooms in Ireland all four of them realized someone had stolen all of their underwear.

kdwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #19
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

Wish I had brought:
anti-diarhea caps... just in case. needed them once and they were hard to find and EXPENSIVE!!!
and more ziplock bags. (used them for tons of stuff like "left overs" just because my kids didn't want to finish thier lunch while we were sitting at the restaurant, didn't mean they wouldn't want those chicken fingers 10 minutes later. also used them to collect "free souveniers" like confetti from parties, and gold Doubloons from Playhouse Disney. used them to store wet clothes from splash areas or rain showers without getting everything else wet... lot's of uses, quart size and gallon...)

Wish I had left home: (on my last trip?) my teenage daughter!!!
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #20
Swirly girls
Mouseketeer

Wish I had left home: (on my last trip?) my teenage daughter!!![/QUOTE]

I had to giggle when I was reading the comment. I know how teenage daughters can be
Why did you wish you left her at home? I need tips on this, we live in 10 days.
Swirly girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #21
Angebee
Mouseketeer

Wish I had left home: my debit card.
Wish I had packed: a pre-paid debit card from my bank.

This worked out great when I went to Disneyland last summer because I knew exactly how much I wanted to spend and wasn't planning on charging anything other than what was already paid for. I'll never pack my debit card again (even for emergencies) because the last time I was at WDW it got lost somewhere between the Chinese Pavilion one night and the Tower of Terror the next morning. I never retrieved it. Lost forever in the Twilight Zone.

Tip: Pack a disposable camera. Some places do still get them developed and you never know when your good camera might malfunction or accidentally crack while you're on a ride. If you don't use it then you have your backup for the next trip or family function.

(inactive at the moment) 'No Pit Stoppo!' -- Our first TR (Feb 2013)

The Sunfinders ... 'Lady' (mom), 'Butch' (dad), me, Kit (21)

'88, '90, '94 to '98 -- offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport & '13 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!
Angebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #22
wellesleyprincess
DIS Veteran

Wish I had packed: Advil (couldn't find it in the gift shop; only could find Aleve) and Baby Wipes (to wipe down tables and self when it was far too hot)
March 1990- WDW Offsite ~ May 1994- WDW Polynesian Resort ~ May 1999- WDW Coronado Springs Resort ~ April 2003- Offsite (EPCOT & MGM & Universal) ~ June 2005- WDW Yacht Club (Premium Plan) ~ March 2008- Pop Century at Easter ~ January 2010 Marathon Weekend Trip at All Star Sports (Full Marathon Finisher)~ May/June 2010 Contemporary (Dining Plan/Graduation/Best Trip EVER)~ January 2011 POFQ (Goofy Challenge)~August/September 2012 WWoHP~ September/October 2012 ToT 10 Miler/ Food & Wine (All Stars)~ October 2013 Pop for Father-Daughter Food & Wine trip

Planning: Summer/Fall 2015 Universal Trip; May 2017 (Belated 30th Birthday/Law School Graduation)
wellesleyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #23
BellaVino
Earning My Ears

I have learned to take chewing gum (my mouth gets dry when I walk alot and it is hard to find any on property), baby powder (for any chaffing that may occur) and a refillable water bottle with a strap.

I have also learned to not take so much food as alot of it was always left over and try to manage without a bag so you can skip the bag check lines.
BellaVino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #24
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirly girls View Post
Wish I had left home: (on my last trip?) my teenage daughter!!!
I had to giggle when I was reading the comment. I know how teenage daughters can be
Why did you wish you left her at home? I need tips on this, we live in 10 days.[/QUOTE]

Uggh!!! we are just in a bad place in our relationship, that everyone I know who has been through it says, we(she)will grow out of. She is Uber jealous of her 2 siblings, especially the youngest, another girl... She is actually not coming on this next trip, and I am suffering tons of Mommy guilt for actually being relieved!!!

But alas, (BIG SIGH) that is a topic for a WHOLE other thread!!!

feel free to PM me if you would like to know more...
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: