Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 02:03 AM   #16
mydisneyfix
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddyex
some people have mentioned Jack chatting? is this true? a costumed character that actually speaks? I haven't seen any photos of him
Yes, he talks. His mask has a kind of camoflage cutout in his mouth area. He is hilarious! He noticed my DD6 had little clips all over in her hair and told her did she know there were bugs in her hair? Then he asked what she was gonna b for Halloween. She said a horse. He asked her if she was gonna b a dead horse with big red eyes? She looked a little shy/scared, but we were all laughing!
mydisneyfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #17
Sally_fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddyex
some people have mentioned Jack chatting? is this true? a costumed character that actually speaks? I haven't seen any photos of him
Oh yes!!! He sure does! A couple of years back my daughter was wearing a Hannah Montana tshirt & the 3 of them (her, Jack & Sally) had quite a funny convo about that. And another time she was wearing her NBC lanyard & pins & they acted all excited to see that & discussed how lovely the pins were. They have been awesome every time we have seen them!

1st trip to DL (with parents)~1987, 2nd trip to DL (with DH & a friend)~ August 1996-Cavalier Inn & Suites, 3rd trip to DL (with DH, DS-8 DD-5)~ May 2007-Candy Cane Inn, 4th trip to DL (with DH, DS-9, DD-7)~ Oct 2008-HoJo, 5th trip to DL (with DH, DS-10, DD-8)~ Sept 2009-HoJo, 6th trip to DL (with DH, DD-8, DS-11, MIL & FIL)~ Apr 2010-Stovall's Inn, 7th trip to DL (with DH, DS-11, DD-9, my parents & a bunch of friends too!)~ Dec 2010-HoJo, 8th trip to DL (with DH, DS-13 & DD-11)~ Oct 2012-HoJo, 9th trip to DL (with Mom & DD, DS<with school band)~ May 2014!!!
Sally_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #18
momof3lovebugs
Mouseketeer

Going today and hoping for some good photos to make up for the horrid experience my friend had last weekend in Florida. Her son's favorite character ever is Jack. The cm handling the line was so rude and hostile to her. She was there with her kids and she took ONE photo with all three and then two of the kids moved out to give her son the opp to have one alone with his favorite character and the cm stuck her hand in her face and said she was done!
She explained she just wanted the one other pic for her son and they pushed her out of the line!
We understand keep the line moving but she watched a family of 6 take every conceivable combo of pics and then they tell her she gets one??
She went to guest services and they told her to go back and they would call the cm and tell her to let them get the one other pic. So they did. When they got there the original rude cm told her "I don't care what guest services told you, you are not getting another picture but if you sit quietly here and don't complain I will get you an autograph."
I know my experience won't make up for hers, but I am hoping we get some decent shots for her......
March 2011 CBR!
On deck......Wine and Dine Half trip Nov. 3-13
!!

momof3lovebugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #19
ethanwa
Premier Passport AP / D23 Charter Member / D23 Geek of the Week / 2013 and 2015 D23 Expo Sorcerers Ticket

momof3lovebugs - That's when you take a name and report the person because that attitude is not okay from a CM - nor is it the norm.

Been to DL, WDW, Aulani, D23 Expo, and on DCL.
ethanwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #20
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I would have gone right back to guest services with that response!

They are fun to watch from afar. We did that today.

By the way, for NBC fans, budget twelve bucks for the coffin popcorn bucket....

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jack skellington

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: