Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #331
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by viajeromagico View Post
I heard that instead of the clasical free dining promotion they will release another one "adult dining at child price"
I was wondering if they would ever go to this.... Where did you hear this? I was also wondering if we would see that promotion where they give you a $250/500/750 gift card for a full price package. I don't see them offering Free Dining much longer. But it sure is a nice discount!!

Last edited by McKelly; 10-02-2012 at 06:57 AM.
McKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #332
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I heard that instead of the clasical free dining promotion they will release another one "adult dining at child price"
So, if they give adult dining at a child price and you want to do the deluxe plan (3 ts per day), is that allowed. Or, do they limit it to the QS or regular plan?
DisneyFEB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #333
viajeromagico
Earning My Ears

Rumordetails

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
I was wondering if they would ever go to this.... Where did you hear this? I was also wondering if we would see that promotion where they give you a $250/500/750 gift card for a full price package. I don't see them offering Free Dining much longer. But it sure is a nice discount!!
Several travel agencies in Latin America leaked the details of the promotion.
In the past, these promotions have coincided completely with the, days later, announcement of Disney website
Here you can find many more details of the rumor: http://blog.viajeromagico.com/2012/1...recio-de-nino/
It's my blog in Spanish, can use google translate to better understand the text (I use it a lot )
Hope it helps
viajeromagico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #334
Zipears Fan
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." ~WD

Reason for the season

I think we need to remind ourselves why Disney offers FD in the first place: to fill rooms when they otherwise would not get filled.

I find it hard to believe Disney gets rid of FD altogether and goes to one "adult at child price" for several reasons: (1) Disney always sticks with what works and never sticks with what doesn't; and (2) I have serious doubt that ridding FD is going to fill the parks, rooms, and restaurants in non-peak seasons with anything else.

Granted, the value may be less than what it used to be (i.e., don't even have to tip, or get an appetizer AND dessert), and there are more limited windows of check-in days that qualify. I still believe, from a business standpoint, FD is here to stay.

February 2015: Pop
September 2013: Pop (Anniversary!)August 2010: Pop July 2009: ASSp (Engagement!) July 2003: ASMu May 2000: ASSp From 1985-1999, Offsite[/SIZE]
Zipears Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #335
kkcrane
Earning My Ears

Re:

Adult dining at kids price is an interesting idea.

Does Disney usually run their free dining promotion simultaneously with a % Room Only Discount? If that is the case wouldn't we have to see a similar drop in the percentage discount off the room?
Old 10-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #336
penni520
Mouseketeer

I am on the look out for FD (QS) for next December. I have to wait until the end of summer next year to get my FD offer.

Off property - 1972,1988 & 2010. Pop Century 2008, 2009 &2015
penni520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #337
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I am so hoping that there will be FD in mid August..I so want to show my friends an awesome way to try different restaruants
Old 10-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #338
Zipears Fan
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." ~WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
I am so hoping that there will be FD in mid August..I so want to show my friends an awesome way to try different restaruants
You said it perfectly! We plan to take my MIL, FIL, and parents, all of whom have NEVER been to Disney, let alone the amazing dining experiences.

February 2015: Pop
September 2013: Pop (Anniversary!)August 2010: Pop July 2009: ASSp (Engagement!) July 2003: ASMu May 2000: ASSp From 1985-1999, Offsite[/SIZE]
Zipears Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #339
Princess Serendipity
If It's Not Baroque

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFEB2013 View Post
So, if they give adult dining at a child price and you want to do the deluxe plan (3 ts per day), is that allowed. Or, do they limit it to the QS or regular plan?
I would like to know this as well. Fiance and I have the Deluxe Dining Plan for our Disneymoon, and the Adult-for-Child-Price would be a MUCH MUCH MUCH better deal than upgrading Regular Free Dining. Nine days worth of Deluxe Dining Plan for 2 would come out to be less than $500!
Princess Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #340
smitch425
DIS Veteran

The "adult for a child price" is being mentioned for deals in OUTSIDE of this country. Guests from overseas get all kinds of different FD deals, so I would not expect that to be a US deal. If any change is made to the usual FD deal it might be the old "Kids stay play and dine for free" deal that has been offered in the past.

As for simultaneously running FD and RO deals, yes, they often run promotions that overlap with dates, but you can only choose one deal at a time. There is no stacking allowed. The exception being sometimes overseas guests can stack discounts because the airfare and extra cost associated with the distance they are coming from is factored in to what Disney feels is necessary to get them to come to the parks. That is why overseas guests can get 14 and 21 day passes, and we in the US cannot.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #341
viajeromagico
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
The "adult for a child price" is being mentioned for deals in OUTSIDE of this country. Guests from overseas get all kinds of different FD deals, so I would not expect that to be a US deal. If any change is made to the usual FD deal it might be the old "Kids stay play and dine for free" deal that has been offered in the past.

As for simultaneously running FD and RO deals, yes, they often run promotions that overlap with dates, but you can only choose one deal at a time. There is no stacking allowed. The exception being sometimes overseas guests can stack discounts because the airfare and extra cost associated with the distance they are coming from is factored in to what Disney feels is necessary to get them to come to the parks. That is why overseas guests can get 14 and 21 day passes, and we in the US cannot.
Sorry to contradict you but promotions in Latin America always coincide with ones in the U.S. . I understand that promotions in Europe are different, but not those from Latin America.
Im sure because im from Argentina and i went the past 4 years to WDW with the same promotions.
if this rumor is confirmed :
value hotel packages Would Have the quick plan with "adult for a child price"
moderate or higher packages hotels, would have standard plan with "adult for a child price"
All upgrades will require the payment of the real difference in adult costs Between plans (for example, between standard and quick the difference would be approximately U $ S 18, likewise Between Standard and deluxe)
Sorry for my poor english
Old 10-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #342
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry to contradict you but promotions in Latin America always coincide with ones in the U.S. . I understand that promotions in Europe are different, but not those from Latin America.
Im sure because im from Argentina and i went the past 4 years to WDW with the same promotions.
if this rumor is confirmed :
value hotel packages Would Have the quick plan with "adult for a child price"
moderate or higher packages hotels, would have standard plan with "adult for a child price"
All upgrades will require the payment of the real difference in adult costs Between plans (for example, between standard and quick the difference would be approximately U $ S 18, likewise Between Standard and deluxe)
Sorry for my poor english
No need to apologize for your English. There are people that have lived in America their whole lives that have trouble writing in English. Interesting about Argentina getting the same deals as US. Even Canadians get different deals than the US and they don't have to cross any oceans like the Europeans do.

Are there any current offers available where you are from? I know that Canadians can still book the fall/winter free dining until Dec. 13.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #343
Princess Serendipity
If It's Not Baroque

So, if we wanted to upgrade from Regular to Deluxe on the Adult-for-Child-Price plan, we would have to pay the $44 per day per person IN ADDITION to the price of the Child's dining plan ($17)?

In that case, yeah free dining IS better!

In any case, here's hoping for something soon!
Princess Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #344
viajeromagico
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
No need to apologize for your English. There are people that have lived in America their whole lives that have trouble writing in English. Interesting about Argentina getting the same deals as US. Even Canadians get different deals than the US and they don't have to cross any oceans like the Europeans do.

Are there any current offers available where you are from? I know that Canadians can still book the fall/winter free dining until Dec. 13.
You make me use the google translate

Yes, we can too still book this offer and i know that it is over in US. The other promotion we have is the same RO for november and december.
The dates of booking can change (in favor of Latin America Travel Agents ussually) but never we had a diferent kind promotion or worst promotions.
In fact we can book direct from the US web site, so if you get free dining i can get it too.
With That in mind it is hard to think to launch a limited promotion for Latin America and another one in the U.S. with the dining plan free (in that case every Latin American Visitor would hire directly promoting U.S. and not the other one)
At least the last four years always happend in that way.

I can not help again apologize for my English
Hope I'm not being rude in my language (not my intention)

Last edited by viajeromagico; 10-02-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #345
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You make me use the google translate

Yes, we can too still book this offer and i know that it is over in US.
The dates of booking can change (in favor of Latin America Travel Agents ussually) but never we had a diferent kind promotion or worst promotions.
In fact we can book direct from the US web site, so if you get free dining i can get it too.
With That in mind it is hard to think to launch a limited promotion for Latin America and another one in the U.S. with de dining plan free (in that case every Latin American Visitor would hire directly promoting U.S. and not the other one)
At least the last four years always happend in that way.

I can not help again apologize for my English
Hope I'm not being rude in my language (not my intention)
You are not being rude at all. Very polite.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: