Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #256
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepace View Post
Since we are getting the regular Photopass, do they send anything in the mail if you do the pre-order?
Nope.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #257
grandma3
Earning My Ears

Cd

If I upload my own photos on photo pass and then order the CD will my photos also be on it?
grandma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #258
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandma3
If I upload my own photos on photo pass and then order the CD will my photos also be on it?
No, only PP photos can be included in the PP CD.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #259
fallen_angel727
Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerMama View Post
Link for discount:

www.disneyphotopass.com/wdwphotopassplus.aspx

Must be done 14 days before your trip... so does me no good at all.
I'm looking right now and it say "By purchasing at least 14 days before your vacation you pay only $149"

I took that as meaning it can be longer but no less than 14...I just called and you can do it whenever but you would only have 90 days in which to do an exchange, no refunds

1991 (offsite), 2000 (offsite), 2004 (offsite), 2009 (offsite - engagement trip!!), 2012 (POP), 2013 (POP), 2014 (AKL)

Last edited by fallen_angel727; 10-31-2012 at 10:31 AM.
fallen_angel727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #260
TKH
Mouseketeer

I see that with Photopass +, you get the dining photos and print packages where they are offered. We'll be eating at Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare, so does anyone know if the photos from those 2 locations include prints? We're happy if they're just added onto the cd, but I'm wondering if I should be picking up prints anywhere.
TKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #261
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKH View Post
I see that with Photopass +, you get the dining photos and print packages where they are offered. We'll be eating at Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare, so does anyone know if the photos from those 2 locations include prints? We're happy if they're just added onto the cd, but I'm wondering if I should be picking up prints anywhere.
They will give you the package prints as they come around to your table, if for some reason they don't, just show them your photopass + card and there will be no problems. They should have it noted on the paper that you give to photopass photographers when you get your picture taken, but sometimes they forget. We were able to get all of our package prints from all of our character meals that we went to .
Old 11-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #262
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Nevermind.....I found the answer to my question
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise

Last edited by disneymom1980; 11-11-2012 at 03:56 PM.
disneymom1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #263
homer2210
Earning My Ears

I just returned from a trip and I used Photopass +. Now what do I do? Can I just get a CD with all the photos in my account sent to me? I am confused on the options, it states "select product" and then it has choices, 4x6, 5x7, 8x10 etc. Do I select something here? I dont want to order pictures I would just like a CD with all the pictures on it and then be able to organize the jpegs of the pics to get my own pictures with. Can I do this by ordering the CD? Oh and if I get the CD can I put the files onto my home computer to organize the files and put on another CD?
homer2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #264
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer2210 View Post
I just returned from a trip and I used Photopass +. Now what do I do? Can I just get a CD with all the photos in my account sent to me? I am confused on the options, it states "select product" and then it has choices, 4x6, 5x7, 8x10 etc. Do I select something here? I dont want to order pictures I would just like a CD with all the pictures on it and then be able to organize the jpegs of the pics to get my own pictures with. Can I do this by ordering the CD? Oh and if I get the CD can I put the files onto my home computer to organize the files and put on another CD?
The drop down box with the size options is for editing. If you want to add any borders or signatures to your photos, you need to select the size you wish to print themin, so that once you get the cd home you can take it to Target or Walmart or anywhere that prints pics. For instance, if you have a really great shot that you have added a border to, you will want to save it in a 4x6, a 5x7 and an 8x10. You can ONLY print them in the size they were saved in to have them turn out correctly. As an example, the Toy Story pic in my signature was turned into about 20 different pictures because the original was so perfect that I wanted to make sure I had every available size with every available Halloween party, Toy Story and "Buzz" signature border. You only get one chance to edit the pics, so be sure to take the time to get as many pics off of the originals as possible. The borders and signatures are included in your purchase, so they are of no additional cost. Once you complete the edits, you can then order the CD. You can put them on your computer, and you can also burn exact copies of the disc(s) or just select the files you wish to copy to a new disc. Hope that helps.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #265
homer2210
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
The drop down box with the size options is for editing. If you want to add any borders or signatures to your photos, you need to select the size you wish to print themin, so that once you get the cd home you can take it to Target or Walmart or anywhere that prints pics. For instance, if you have a really great shot that you have added a border to, you will want to save it in a 4x6, a 5x7 and an 8x10. You can ONLY print them in the size they were saved in to have them turn out correctly. As an example, the Toy Story pic in my signature was turned into about 20 different pictures because the original was so perfect that I wanted to make sure I had every available size with every available Halloween party, Toy Story and "Buzz" signature border. You only get one chance to edit the pics, so be sure to take the time to get as many pics off of the originals as possible. The borders and signatures are included in your purchase, so they are of no additional cost. Once you complete the edits, you can then order the CD. You can put them on your computer, and you can also burn exact copies of the disc(s) or just select the files you wish to copy to a new disc. Hope that helps.
yes, that helps some. so if i do not select a size 4x6, 5x7 etc do i just get the jpeg? then could I not take it to say walmart/meijer and get a 4x6/5x7? Is there a benefit to ordering a size from photopass or is it easier just to get the jpeg/pic and then edit to the size I want?
homer2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #266
ElizabethG
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer2210

yes, that helps some. so if i do not select a size 4x6, 5x7 etc do i just get the jpeg? then could I not take it to say walmart/meijer and get a 4x6/5x7? Is there a benefit to ordering a size from photopass or is it easier just to get the jpeg/pic and then edit to the size I want?
The PP was talking about the jpg. If you do not add borders, it doesn't matter. If you have a border and the jpg file is formatted to 4x6 dimensions, that is a ratio of 1:1.5. A 5x7 has a ratio of 1:1.4. Therefore, your jpg with 4x6 dimensions would crop off part of the border if printed in 5x7.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #267
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer2210 View Post
You're not ordering a size. If you take one picture and choose 5x7 in the drop down then "save as copy", on the disc you will have the 4x6 version AND the 5x7 version. As the previous poster mentioned, if you're not editing your pictures on the photopass site, this isn't going to make any difference to you. But if you put a border on a picture, or zoom in, etc, on the photopass site, then just save that as copy without changing it from the default size, and then you go to order a *different* size from shutterfly or walmart or wherever you have your pictures printed....that's when you're going to see the problem. The cropping done when you order a different size is going to make the borders/etc look different than how you expected.

So if you make edits to a picture on the photopass site, and you think "ooh I want to print that as an 8x10 and put it on the wall", then SAVE it as an 8x10. Otherwise that 8x10 isn't going to look the way you intended it to look.

If you aren't sure, and might do a 4x6 and might do an 8x10, then go to the original picture, do the edits, and save it at each size you might want to print it. You have to go back to the original and do the same edit then change the size, each time (otherwise you're just going to change the first size into the second size).

At the end, once you've edited and clicked "save as copy" on all your edits, then you put the photoCD in your cart and proceed. Every photopass picture in your account will be put onto the CD.

(yes this sounds confusing, but once you get into a rhythm it's basically easy)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #268
meyer679
Earning My Ears

Photopass Plus

We just ordered our photopass plus for our Dec 10-16 trip. Can I get some feedback from people who've bought it in the past? Was it worth it? Any tips for really getting our money's worth?
meyer679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #269
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer679
We just ordered our photopass plus for our Dec 10-16 trip. Can I get some feedback from people who've bought it in the past? Was it worth it? Any tips for really getting our money's worth?
I loved it. Because we still do a lot of character meals, and did pirates league, the value was unbeatable. The ride photos, which I never would get before, turned out to be worth it too.

Another tip, take a photo of your plus pass in case something happens to it.

PM me if you have any more questions
disdadIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #270
meyer679
Earning My Ears

Good idea to photograph the pass. I read somewhere that it's smart to photograph your park tickets too, just in case. Thanks!
meyer679 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: