Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #136
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed the updates!

First let me say, that I was practically drooling over the bread in those EoS pictures. You know it's my newly discovered love!

An hour to get back to the Cont from DTD?? You must have had the same bus driver we had this summer!!

The Poly is the most relaxing place to watch Wishes! :

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 09-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #137
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Enjoyed the updates!

First let me say, that I was practically drooling over the bread in those EoS pictures. You know it's my newly discovered love!

An hour to get back to the Cont from DTD?? You must have had the same bus driver we had this summer!!

The Poly is the most relaxing place to watch Wishes! :
Thanks! I LOVE EoS's bread, it's perfect
Haha, we must've! Actually our bus driver switched off with another one about thirty minutes in, so that made the wait even longer lol

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #138
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

A First Encounter with the Yeti!

July 9th

We woke up at 6:30 this morning (which at the time felt like torture, but now I wake up at 6 for school, so 6:30 sounds amazing) and were at the bus stop at 7 am! We had good luck- the bus was there when we got to the bus stop!

We had to wait about 10 minutes before they started letting people through the turn stiles. Then we waited for about another 10 minutes before they let us past the rope! We were towards the front, not like in January when my mom and I were in the very front, but we were really up there in the pretty big crowd. Of course, we, along with everyone else, went straight for Expedition Everest! But we're not the people who RUN towards EE, instead we just followed the crowd.

It was Joey's first time riding EE!

Johnny and I got very back row- just like on Rock N Rollercoaster! Joey and my mom sat in front of us, and my dad sat this one out and waited for us outside.
Joey really enjoyed it and we got FPs for later!

After seeing the Yeti, it was time to head onto our safari! The route we took to get there was totally empty, it was so cool walking down the roads and there not being a person in site, just like on my January trip

The line wasn't very long at all, and we were on our truck in no time

Giraffes! One of my favorites!

We got so close to one of them!

Elephants- my other favorite!

continued

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 09-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #139
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

continued-

We had a good safari and afterwards it was time to use our EE FP's!

Once again Dad waited for us outside
This time I rode with Joey, he didn't see the Yeti the first time, so I made sure to point it out to him this time
Hands up!

When we got off, Dad was having bad heartburn so he went to the first aid station with Johnny. Leaving Joey, my mom, and me in Dinoland! Of course we were feeling some Primeval Whirl!

Johnny and Dad still weren't back, so we got right on Triceratops Spin

When we got off, we waited at a table for a few minutes for Dad and Johnny to meet back up with us.

I think at this point my camera died :/
No worries, there's two more cameras I could use lol
With everyone feeling ready to go, we decided it was time to ride Dinosaur! There was literally no wait for it (there wasn't a wait for ANYTHING we had ridden)

After we barely made it back from the time of the Dinos, we made our way over to Camp Minnie Mickey because it was just about to open and we had a show we needed to watch!

Up Next: Elephants and BBQ

Last edited by MickeyisBeast; 09-29-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #140
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Glad Joey enjoyed his ride on EE!

Looks like you had a good safari. Love seeing all the little wart-hogs running around!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 09-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #141
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

This update makes me want to be at the Animal Kingdom right now. Sounds like a great morning!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #142
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Glad Joey enjoyed his ride on EE!

Looks like you had a good safari. Love seeing all the little wart-hogs running around!
I loved the safari, the warthogs were too cute- they were so tiny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
This update makes me want to be at the Animal Kingdom right now. Sounds like a great morning!
Me too- I love Animal Kingdom in the morning, wish I could go there tomorrow morning instead of school!

Old 09-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #143
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Elephants and BBQ

July 9th

We made our way to Camp Minnie Mickey and had to wait with a small crowd of people for about ten minutes before we could enter (CMM didn't open until 10)
Then we had to wait in the FOTLK line for about 5 minutes. When they opened the doors, we went all the way across and got seats close to the front (we were like third row back)

This was our first time seeing the show and I was super excited! The camera wasn't working so I took all the pictures on my iPod lol

We were in the Elephant section!

Bad picture, but I absolutely LOVED her dress!

I'm glad we finally got to see Festival of the Lion King- it was really cute and I so want to see it again!

After the show, we were hungry for some lunch, so it was time to hit up one of my absolute favorites- Flame Tree BBQ!

My mom and I got an order of Barbecued Chicken Salad - with mixed greens tossed with barbecued chicken and 1/2 Slab of St. Louis Ribs and split them between us

Johnny got the Pork Sandwich

Dad and Joey got the 1/2 Slab of St. Louis Ribs too, I think

After a delicious lunch, everyone had to take a bathroom break (except me, ew public restrooms)

But while I was sitting on a bench waiting for everyone, look who walked by!

Russell and Dug! And Dug waved to me awwwwww

It was time to head out now, everyone was getting sleepy

I'm always fascinated by the posters/ads they have on the buses

My favorite show (the season premiere is TOMORROW!)

I thought they spelled "theaters" wrong (you can't tell by the picture but they spelled it "theatres") but apparently that's the theatrical way of spelling it, or something like that

When we got back to the Contemporary, I took an hour long nap before we all went to the pool

We spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool, where we had to make a decision- where to eat dinner tonight? Hmm...

Up Next: To the Tropics!

Last edited by MickeyisBeast; 10-13-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #144
constancefamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast

I want to stay at BLT very badly, it looks amazing, I hope you get to stay there!

Oh I totally agree, I'm not a big fan of the walk, I'd much rather take the monorail, but unfortunately the walk is waaaay faster!

Welcome and thank you!

Really, all I know is it's an Olympus and works pretty well. We still are trying to figure it out though, the flash is weird and whenever I set it to "no flash" it still uses flash or the flash pops up and does this weird thing where the light go on and off repeatedly, but this is probably a user error LOL

1D and Bieber are defiantly the popular teen singers right now, who doesn't love 'em?
It sounds like you have the same Olympus that I have. It is a DSLR Olympus E-520. The strobe flash thing has to do with the auto focus. I've found that if I'm zoomed in too much for what I'm trying to do, it will send of the strobes. It makes me so mad when I'm trying to take pics especially where there is supposed to be no flash. Love your trip report so far. Going to try to finish it tonight.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #145
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

FOTLK is so much fun.

food looks good.

good update and pics.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #146
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by constancefamily View Post
It sounds like you have the same Olympus that I have. It is a DSLR Olympus E-520. The strobe flash thing has to do with the auto focus. I've found that if I'm zoomed in too much for what I'm trying to do, it will send of the strobes. It makes me so mad when I'm trying to take pics especially where there is supposed to be no flash. Love your trip report so far. Going to try to finish it tonight.
That's good to know- I'll have to take a look at the camera because the strobe light is annoying. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
FOTLK is so much fun.

food looks good.

good update and pics.
I agree, it's one of my favorite shows now!

Old 10-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #147
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

To the Tropics

July 9th

It was reaching dinner time, so our plan was to head to the Polynesian for some Captain Cooks!

Just a quick monorail ride away..

I got the 1/3 lb Angus Bacon Cheeseburger

Johnny got Cheese Flatbread

I don't remember who got what but,
One of my parents got (what looks like the) Multigrain Turkey Club

And one of my parents got... I don't know what it's called, because I can't find it on the menu at the moment, hmm

We sat outside and ate our dinner, it was really nice out so I didn't mind!
After we ate, Joey and I wanted to go to Hollywood Studios, while Johnny wanted to go back to the hotel (probably to watch a Yankee game). So my dad went back to the Contemporary with Johnny, and my mom, joey, and I caught a bus to Hollywood Studios!

Our first stop? To get Joey some snacks, since he didn't want dinner

Popcorn and soda, yum

Let's get moving again... on our way to our next stop...

Art of Animation! We had to wait outside while Joey finished his food, and then, of course, he needed a bathroom break. Finally, we were ready to go in. We waited for a few minutes before we were let in! This time, we drew Chip

After our lesson, we went to One Man's Dream and walked around

As we got to the end of the walk through part, I overheard a group of people saying how they needed to get in line for Fantasmic if they wanted seats. I told my mom we better go too then, so we skipped the movie and made our way for Fantasmic! When we got to the "line" (it was more of a big crowd) it was already packed. We waited for a good 10-15 minutes, and it was the worst part of the wait. There were some foreign people in front of us, and the dad and son kept like play fighting with each other, and they would constantly be kicking us and hitting us with their gigantic backpack. They were very obnoxious and we were all getting pretty pissed at them. Luckily, they started to let the crowd in. It took about another 30 minutes to get to the entrance of the show, but soon we were FINALLY sitting down!

I had to put on my glasses so I'd actually be able to see what was going on

*continued in next post*

Old 10-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #148
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

continued

We haven't seen Fantasmic! In YEARS, so I was pretty excited

*forgot to mention- we saw the second show since we were too late for the first show!*

It was awesome, such a great show!
Once the show ended, we decided to just wait there a little bit because we didn't want to join the stampede of people leaving. While we were sitting there, there was a HUGE bug on one of the girls behind us! Of course their group starts freaking out, and then we start freaking out too, because a few minutes later, there was another one! The bugs were GIGANTIC, I would've taken a picture, but I was too disgusted

We decided to leave and avoid any more bugs! We ended up at RNRC, but the line was just too long, so we decided to do something else.

Star Tours!

Joey got to be the rebel spy! That was cool, I love how they do that

After our ride, we all wanted some ice cream. So Joey and Mom went to get some while I sat on a bench and people watched, my favorite thing to do

We relaxed on the bench for a little while, ate our ice cream, and people watched. When we were done, it was midnight. We decided to call it a night, I think DHS was open until 1, but we felt we had accomplished everything we wanted to that night. We got back to the Contemporary at 12:30 and went straight to sleep!

Up Next: Howdy!

Last edited by MickeyisBeast; 10-21-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #149
carlandellie
DIS Veteran

omg perfect

They donít know how special you are They donít know what youíve done to my heart
They can say anything they want cause they donít know about us
Old 10-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #150
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Two updates filled with all my favorites! Love, Love, Love FOTLK-So glad you finally got to see it! Can't beat Flame Tree! Gotta love going over to the Poly for some Captain Cooks. Animation Academy! Your Chip is really good! And, of course---Fantasmic! The best way to end your evening at DHS!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: