Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #16
hokie98
Mouseketeer

KingdomGirl - Thanks for the response. I filled out the contact form via your website Friday about 5pm EST, but maybe there was a glitch and it never processed completely? At any rate, I have gotten busy and haven't reach out. I will send you an email shortly! ;-)

POR - Royal Room (10/12)
ASSp (01/09)
Daytrip to MK (11/00)
Spring Break trip visiting college roommate interning @ WDW & toured AK 2 weeks before opening to the public! (04/98)
hokie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #17
rowanb73
Earning My Ears

That stinks to lose the DSLR in Disney World. That's happened to me twice this year, though once was my fault for not having either of my two backup batteries properly charged on the first day in town. I have a video camera that can shoot reasonable still pictures in good lighting, so that got me through these instances, though I just bought a better point and shoot to have as another backup.

Staying on topic, I'm glad to read people talking about this. I heard from Scott Thomas, from All Ears, about using lens rental places and am eager to try out Kingdom Camera on my next Disney World trip. There are some lens that I'd love to have, but can't justify $1,500+ for one of my own right now, but I'm eager to use them for at least a few days, particularly on some of the dark rides.
rowanb73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #18
hokie98
Mouseketeer

OP here...I'm excited to be renting a Nikon 10-24mm while we are in WDW in a couple of weeks from Kingdom Camera Rentals. I've never had much use for a wide angle lens, but am looking forward to play around with it. The rates offered by KCR are excellent, and if you use the 20% off code on the Disney Photography Blog, it's unbeatable, really. Not to mention they deliver/pick-up 7 days a week, which means you don't have to pay for extra days, as you would if you were to be receiving the lens via UPS or FedEx. So for less than $40, I get to use a $850 lens for 6 days. Not too bad. I'll let you know how it goes!

POR - Royal Room (10/12)
ASSp (01/09)
Daytrip to MK (11/00)
Spring Break trip visiting college roommate interning @ WDW & toured AK 2 weeks before opening to the public! (04/98)
Old 10-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #19
hokie98
Mouseketeer

Kingdom Camera Rentals - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Just wanted to report that I'm back from WDW and rented a Nikon 10-24mm lens from Kingdom Camera Rentals. The lens was great, and so was Lenise, the owner! I had arrange a 7:30am drop off at my resort, which went off without a hitch. I got a call reminding me of it the day before, and a text message from her when she was in the lobby of my resort. With the lens, I received a protective bag, hood, UV filter & lens cap. The lens was in fantastic shape, and I enjoyed it immensely all week. Pick-up was a breeze (well, except I forgot the lens cap, and she graciously walked back to my room with me to retrieve it). I'd definitely rent from them again, and would highly recommend them to anyone else traveling to Disney and/or Universal! It was much more affordable and much less hassle (i.e. shipping) than renting from an online company.

POR - Royal Room (10/12)
ASSp (01/09)
Daytrip to MK (11/00)
Old 11-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #20
UNCSwimChick
Earning My Ears

I used Kingdom Camera Rentals for my recent trip to DisneyWorld. Ron and Ian were extremely helpful and friendly. They answered all our questions before we made our equipment reservations and made sure we were comfortable with the camera and lenses upon delivery. They were so easy to work with and gave us wonderful customer service. They even brought us little goodie bags for the airplane when they met us to pick up the equipment! I definitely recommend them and will be using them again in the future! A+++ service!
UNCSwimChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: