Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #16
JerseyJanice
RIP, Max!

My 16 year old son had the surf and turf in June. When he saw it cost $65, he got psyched to order it.

No one had jeans on in June, but it was very hot out. My son wore khaki dress shorts with a nice colored T-shirt and button-up plaid over it. The other guys in our party (father- and brother-in-law, and nephew) wore khaki slacks with polo shirts. Mom-in-law and I wore nice crop pants and blouses. My sister-in-law was in a maxi dress while my niece was in a shorter dress.

We were celebrating my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary, and let me tell that our dinner was positively grand. It was a very special occasion and the restaurant was perfect! We loved our food and our server and had a wonderful time.

Hope you have a great trip, OP!
6/02 Wilderness Lodge
2/08 PO Riverside/Dolphin
8/08, 8/09, 8/10 Pop Century
10/10 All-Stars Music (FWF)
9/11 Coronado Springs Resort (FWF)
6/12 Wilderness Lodge (With Deluxe Dining!)
JerseyJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #17
TwoAtDisney
Julie

We've gone there often for dinner & were last there in Nov/Dec 2011. There were so many people there who were dressed tacky. Please note that however they were dressed or undressed, they didn't bother us as long as they didn't reach for our food! Just answering your question regarding the dress code.

Many looked like they had just come from the park - shorts, tshirts, tshirts with slogans & designs, thongs, ball caps, sun visors, etc. From what I saw, I would think a pair of jeans would be an improvement. If I were you, I'd pack the jeans for Yachtsman's.
TwoAtDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #18
jamala
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone.
jamala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #19
Sammie
DIS Veteran

We eat at the Yachtsman every trip and I guess we have been lucky in that I have never seen anyone dressed inappropriately and never anyone in a thong.

That said, we have seen dress shorts with polo shirts, dress jeans, with a nice shirt, capris and we have seen men in coats with ties.

The men in our family wear Docker's slacks with polo collar shirts and the women wore, casual dresses, skirts with nice tops, or dress pants with appropriate tops.

I could never go into a restaurant that has flowers and white table cloths and be comfortable unless I was neatly dressed.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #20
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

I would not wear jeans to Yachtsman or any Signature Restaurant. I don't believe you would be turned away, but we are not comfortable unless we dress up just a bit. It is part of the Signature experience for us.
MY DH and DS wear dress shorts and nice collared polo shirts. I usually wear nice linen capris and a dressy blouse and fancy sandals.
As others have said, everything on the menu is available on the DDP.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #21
ben1993
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't wear jeans either, you probably wouldn't be turned away but I'd still rather wear something a little "smarter'" like chinos.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #22
starousse
DIS Veteran

Nothing wrong with jeans at all. I ate in all of the signatures, and the majority of all diners were dressed casually in jeans, shorts, etc. Obviously, you want to look neat and clean. With the exception of Victoria & Alberts, where jackets are required, all of the signature restaurants are on the casual side.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #23
RobinHoodGirl
Which way to Sherwood Forest?

When I went in Nov 2010 my travel mates and I all wore nice shirts and jeans. This is also my plan at our Artisan Point dinner this trip since we'll be in MK that day.

I have an ADR ay Yachtsman on my birthday this year and since we'll be staying at the BC I might do a quick stop at our room to dress up a little but more so cause of the birthday (the big 3-0 ) than the restaurant
Old 09-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #24
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Does this just apply to Yachtsman? Specifically I am hoping Narcoossee's still has the Maine Lobster since it is their signature dish...
Yes, they way she talked it was for Yachtsman only. Why I do not know but I was bummed because I don't eat steak, I sacraficed and went for DH but it eas worth it As far as I know Narcoosee's still has lobster. The WDW dining app I have does still show it available but no longer shows Surf & Turf available at Yachtsman. Good luck!

sfbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #25
Jacket
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
Yes, they way she talked it was for Yachtsman only. Why I do not know but I was bummed because I don't eat steak, I sacraficed and went for DH but it eas worth it As far as I know Narcoosee's still has lobster. The WDW dining app I have does still show it available but no longer shows Surf & Turf available at Yachtsman. Good luck!
Thank you!
Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #26
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

No turf n surf last October. DH would have been so happy but...Hope it is on the menu this Nov. But I am not holding my breath. Lol! 20 years ago it was on just about every menu. But lately. NO! I have worn jean capris a cute top and sneakers and felt like I was better dressed than some!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #27
TwoAtDisney
Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
We eat at the Yachtsman every trip and I guess we have been lucky in that I have never seen anyone dressed inappropriately and never anyone in a thong.
Sorry to respond to an old thread, but I just had to respond to Sammie's hilarious response to my post which included that I saw people in Yachtsman in "thongs".

I'm assuming that Sammie knows that "thongs" are also sandals with straps between the toes. But I'll admit, it would be very interesting indeed to see a diner wearing a body thong - which I assume Sammie meant because of the Maybe not, but then it was a hilarious thought - or else I just have a weird sense of humor!
TwoAtDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #28
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

It used to be a classier place, but the DDP wrecked it in a hurry. Last time we were there, we saw no less than 4 men in tank tops (with the obligatory hat on backwards), kids running around everywhere.. may as well have been at the coconut races at Ohana..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #29
Marnm02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoAtDisney View Post
Sorry to respond to an old thread, but I just had to respond to Sammie's hilarious response to my post which included that I saw people in Yachtsman in "thongs".

I'm assuming that Sammie knows that "thongs" are also sandals with straps between the toes. But I'll admit, it would be very interesting indeed to see a diner wearing a body thong - which I assume Sammie meant because of the Maybe not, but then it was a hilarious thought - or else I just have a weird sense of humor!
I totally read the post to mean there were people dining in skimpy underwear. Then I remembered that my mom always calls flip flops "thongs." Whenever I tease her about it she says that everyone used to call them that. I'm glad to know you were referring to shoes

I had planned to get the surf and turf when we went last week, but it wasn't on the menu. I was quite happy with the Prime NY Strip though
Marnm02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #30
sotoalf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
It used to be a classier place, but the DDP wrecked it in a hurry. Last time we were there, we saw no less than 4 men in tank tops (with the obligatory hat on backwards), kids running around everywhere.. may as well have been at the coconut races at Ohana..
How is the Dining Plan to blame for this?
sotoalf is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: