Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 94

Waiting on point summary

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of purchasing my first resale through Fidelity. I confirmed the offer details last Wednesday and I am currently waiting for a point summary from Disney. Has anyone ever had the point summary from Disney come back with different information than what you initially made an offer on?

Me (30) DH (35) DD (4) DS (2)
katml14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #2

DIS Veteran
drusba's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,622

Not personally but there have been previous reports involving resales where that happened. If it comes back different, and it is not in your favor, you can cancel (suggested if it is an error implicating the trustworthiness of the seller), accept deal as is, or renegotiate.
Everything has to have a beginning and an end ... but it is not necessary to have a purpose in between.
drusba is online now   Reply With Quote
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,548

Yes. One I was selling!

I mentioned I had an existing reservation but wasn't told I needed to cancel it prior. I assumed it would just be cancelled when the sale closed and that I would keep it in case the buyer backed out and we ended up still owning the contract for awhile.

(Actually it was more than mentioning it - it was on the listing agreement with the broker but still nothing from them about it until the point summary came back.)

KAT4DISNEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
DIS Veteran
333disneymom's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 688

Yes. After we made a bid that was accepted, we waited to hear the point summary from Disney. We received a phone call from the broker saying they had bad news. The contract no longer belonged to the seller, as it was taken back by Disney. So, we had to start a new search.
333disneymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.