Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #2491
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
Hey all,

I'm looking forward to doing this race again and looking to see if there is a Disboards group in the works for it. I won't be there with any friends and would love to have some goofy fun and dancing beforehand with a group from here! Can't wait

I'm also runnig by myself. I did get the race retreat for myself but I am up for some silly fun and dancing before the race. I really want to have fun and experience everything.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #2492
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Question for those of you who have run this before and have stayed at an off site hotel: How bad is the traffic/how much time do you leave yourself to park? I'm kind of torn between booking either an All Star through runDisney or just an off site by naming my own price on Priceline.

The thing that gets me is the parking aspect-- if I'm offsite and they offer a shuttle.. surely they wouldn't shuttle me at THAT hour so I'd have to drive and park. And I'm worried that I'm going to have "Late to the race" dreams (like Late to Work, Late to School for a test dreams) from now until Feb

How bad is it, exactly?

[/img]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #2493
AJackson09
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!

I have a question as well. My sister and I are running the half and staying at the Boardwalk Villas. Is it feasible to walk from there to the start for the race, or do we just need to take a bus?

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #2494
misskitkat
Earning My Ears

For those looking for costume ideas; I ran last year and didnt decide to dress up until about a month before the race. Since it was around Valentine's Day I got a cute purple skirt in the little girls section of Target. It had an elastic band and fit comfortably. I usually wear a size 12 ladies but the little girls XL fit fine. They had other colors like red, pink, and black.

Also, I found a great web site for ideas. Just search for Disney Bound and it’s a whole website devoted to fashion inspired by Disney characters. Some are even athletic outfits.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #2495
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
Question for those of you who have run this before and have stayed at an off site hotel: How bad is the traffic/how much time do you leave yourself to park? I'm kind of torn between booking either an All Star through runDisney or just an off site by naming my own price on Priceline.

The thing that gets me is the parking aspect-- if I'm offsite and they offer a shuttle.. surely they wouldn't shuttle me at THAT hour so I'd have to drive and park. And I'm worried that I'm going to have "Late to the race" dreams (like Late to Work, Late to School for a test dreams) from now until Feb

How bad is it, exactly?
I hear that as long as you get there REAL early (like in the parking lot around 3-3:15) it's a piece of cake. It's getting OUT of the parking lot that is a nightmare. So I'd consider hanging out in Epcot for a while before trying to go to the hotel and change if it was me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJackson09 View Post
I have a question as well. My sister and I are running the half and staying at the Boardwalk Villas. Is it feasible to walk from there to the start for the race, or do we just need to take a bus?

Thanks!
I do not think it would be feasible to walk to the start of the race, but if you have tickets you can walk back from the race through Epcot. The only hotel I have heard people walking TO the corrals was POFQ.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading a No Guilt Life with the help of her friends: Margaritas, Miles & the Mouse

My No-Guilt Life
Old 10-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #2496
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I'm also runnig by myself. I did get the race retreat for myself but I am up for some silly fun and dancing before the race. I really want to have fun and experience everything.
I'm running by myself too. My DH and 3 DS's will be manning the chEARsquad for me but I'll be on my own before and totally up for some dancing and silliness too!

Old 10-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #2497
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
I'm running by myself too. My DH and 3 DS's will be manning the chEARsquad for me but I'll be on my own before and totally up for some dancing and silliness too!
Count me in for silliness My DH is on the sidelines and am running by myself.

[/img]
Old 10-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #2498
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah Another Princess for some early morning silliness. Did you also get the race retreat?

DH and DS will be my ChEAR Squad. They have the Platinum Package to make life easier for them on race morning.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #2499
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
Count me in for silliness My DH is on the sidelines and am running by myself.
Yeah !!! Another Princess for some early morning silliness
Old 10-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #2500
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Yeah Another Princess for some early morning silliness. Did you also get the race retreat?

DH and DS will be my ChEAR Squad. They have the Platinum Package to make life easier for them on race morning.
I sure did! Mine all have the platinum squad too. I figured it was the least I could do for DH having to watch 3 boys while I prance around the Magic Kingdom in fairy wings and running shoes.

Maybe we need a big sign or something so we can all find each other that morning. I would say to look for the one with a big mop of red curly hair dressed like Tinkerbell, but I have a feeling that's not going to narrow it down very well that day.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #2501
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I sure did! Mine all have the platinum squad too. I figured it was the least I could do for DH having to watch 3 boys while I prance around the Magic Kingdom in fairy wings and running shoes.

Maybe we need a big sign or something so we can all find each other that morning. I would say to look for the one with a big mop of red curly hair dressed like Tinkerbell, but I have a feeling that's not going to narrow it down very well that day.
You're right --we need a sign. I don't think I'll be the only one wearing the Cinderella Blue tutu and tiara. Ha Ha It would be great to meet and sit with others in the race retreat.

My plan is to get to the race retreat early so I can enjoy everything and relax a bit.

I think it's also going to be hard on the husbands. They really will have a lot of ground to cover with the kids too. I think we actually have the easy part just running vs running around WDW with kids and waiting for us to run by.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:06 AM   #2502
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Womp Womp. I don't have the race retreat. Does that mean no silliness for me?

[/img]
Old 10-03-2012, 05:02 AM   #2503
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitkat
For those looking for costume ideas; I ran last year and didnt decide to dress up until about a month before the race. Since it was around Valentine's Day I got a cute purple skirt in the little girls section of Target. It had an elastic band and fit comfortably. I usually wear a size 12 ladies but the little girls XL fit fine. They had other colors like red, pink, and black.

Also, I found a great web site for ideas. Just search for Disney Bound and it’s a whole website devoted to fashion inspired by Disney characters. Some are even athletic outfits.
What is the web site???
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #2504
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
I think it's also going to be hard on the husbands. They really will have a lot of ground to cover with the kids too. I think we actually have the easy part just running vs running around WDW with kids and waiting for us to run by.
Agreed!!! Given the choice between running 13.1 at the Magic Kingdom or trying to herd cats...I mean watch small children (same thing, right?) that's an easy choice!!

Old 10-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #2505
yulilin3
Disney Freak

I'm starting my training tomorrow, I'm using Jeff Galloway's and it was supposed to start yesterday but I still felt tired from the 10 miler on Saturday, I really enjoyed my first long distance Disney race. Alot of people are complaining about the lack of characters on the course but I fugured for the price we paid ($90) it was well done. The course was basically all of Osceola Pkwy so that was kinda boring but it gives me a great incentive to know that I'll be running thru 2 parks in February. The characters were great and got a picture with the Gravediggers and my favorite Villain, Maleficent. Funny story about her, I told her that I waited 45 minutes to meet her (this was at the after party) and she asked if she was my favorite, of course I said Yes, then she asked "did you trip any other runners during the race", I said "no, of course not" she said "next time do that!" .
I'm going to sign up for some 5ks around Orlando to keep me moving forward, but after finishing strong the 10 miler I'm confident that I'll finish the Princess
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: