Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #31
LauraDaveCharlie
Live, breathe, eat and sleep WDW!

Hi. I am a DH in a school and we have often gone in school holidays - half terms, Easter, Summer and Christmas.

We generally find the last two weeks in August the best time to go - best deals and quietest out there so this would really be my preference. We don't struggle with the heat as everywhere is air conditioned and it's not really an outdoor holiday is it?

Before we had children, we went to the US every Feb HT as I always found it helped to get over the Jan blues. We have done Washington DC, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Diego like that - flying out on the Sat and returning the Sun am before going to school on the Monday. Also went for two weeks at Easter once so did the Sat to Sun am thing then too. I find the jet lag is bad whenever you get back and I just keep active and go right through it. Definitely think it's worth it!

For the first time we are going Oct HT in a few weeks! Largely because my husband has a big birthday this Sat and HT is the nearest holiday to that. We have had a minor disaster with our return flight when Delta decided to cancel the flight that would have got us back on the Sun am and we are now coming back the Mon morning, coming back from the airport and I am going to school!! Never done this before but will just cope with it by keeping active and drinking red bull!!

The other posters are right that it may be the workload you struggle with. But I do think that most NQTs are very tempted to work through their first HT thinking they will get ahead and then return to work in Nov already exhausted for the new HT. At least if you go then, you will be relaxed after a lovely holiday!!

LauraDaveCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #32
MichelinMan
I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!

I have the perfect solution for teachers - move to Scotland! You get 2 weeks off in October!

July 1994 : WDW Off-Site on Honeymoon
July 2009 : DLP Newport Bay Club
July 2011 : DLP Disneyland Hotel
July 2013 : WDW Polynesian Resort / Hard Rock Universal / Renaissance SeaWorld
MichelinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #33
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelinMan
I have the perfect solution for teachers - move to Scotland! You get 2 weeks off in October!
Only in some areas
The schools in the north are off for 2 week "tattie" holidays but our niece in Glasgow only gets 1 week in October. However the extra week in the summer is an e compensation

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #34
CAROLINE4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelinMan View Post
that would be lovely!! i vote one week less in the summer and one week more in october!!!
Off site march 2007-solana, off site october 2009- formosa gardens and MARRIED ON COCOA BEACH!: off site April/May 2012 Off site Christmas 2013 Indian Creek Lisax is my sister!xx
CAROLINE4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #35
CAROLINE4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDaveCharlie View Post
For the first time we are going Oct HT in a few weeks! Largely because my husband has a big birthday this Sat and HT is the nearest holiday to that. We have had a minor disaster with our return flight when Delta decided to cancel the flight that would have got us back on the Sun am and we are now coming back the Mon morning, coming back from the airport and I am going to school!! Never done this before but will just cope with it by keeping active and drinking red bull!!
you will need lots of to get through that day!! have a great time i love october!! xx
Off site march 2007-solana, off site october 2009- formosa gardens and MARRIED ON COCOA BEACH!: off site April/May 2012 Off site Christmas 2013 Indian Creek Lisax is my sister!xx
CAROLINE4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: