Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #856
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourMaire83 View Post
This weekend my parents came to visit. Since I live right on the edge of WDW, and DH works there, we took them to the parks. They haven't been in about 12 years... It was so frustrating. They just don't get it. They seemed bored the whole time. I'd notice they weren't looking at anything when we were on Main Street, so I tried to get them to appreciate the Halloween/fall decorations for a minute. They were so unenthusiastic and just wanted to leave. I made sure we got there when it was getting dark so it wasn't hot. We stayed only a couple hours...

Today I had an interview at Casting to work at the Grand Floridian Spa when it reopens (I am a massage therapist and esthetician). Keep your fingers crossed for me! Afterward, I had lunch at Food & Wine and got a shirt for Epcot's 30th birthday :-) I would have liked to go to the rededication, but I had the old people with me, lol. We went for only a short time. It was hot... Can't wait for it to cool off here
OMG will you be my friend? LOL Good luck!!! How awesome would that be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Why isn't it Friday yet?? This seems like it's going to be a long week. That's the one thing about vacations...playing catch up with reality when you get home!

Anyway, Happy Tuesday, y'all!

Thanks. I'm debating on going to the doctor or not. I'm not sure there's much they can do for me from what I'm reading online...
Right?? I'm ready for the weekend! Hopefully a relaxing one. But not likely. LOL
Micah went to the dr, they wouldn't do anything for him. Not even shoe inserts which can sometimes help. They told him he had to pay for them out of pocket and they are hundreds of dollars so he won't do it.

Tonight we are going to A's game but last night we saw them win the game that definitely put them into the playoffs!!!!! Soooooooooooooooooo exciting!!!! We are pulling for them to win the next 2 games because that would clinch them as the number 1 team and we wouldn't have to go to a playoff for the wild card game. I hope they make it!!!!!!!! Super excited to go to the game though, it will be fun. We are going with Micah's parents.

Tomorrow I need to clean, laundry, cook a good dinner, all that jazz. And I need to get my sewing machine ready because we are going to work on my friend Amy's Halloween costume soon.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 10-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #857
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
Exhausted after MA yesterday in 99 degree heat!! But really enjoyed it! Had great teammates - thanks Stacie, Heather and Kandace! Releasing in room right now before my flight!
It was SO. HOT!!! And it seemed to be even hotter and more humid on Monday!!! I'm glad to be back in Phoenix, where it's a dry heat!! We had a great time! It was awesome to see everyone over the weekend. Can't wait to hear how we did, we only know we didn't get top 3. Now that Bridget & Kandace have been officially initiated into MA, we need some more ladies to join us. The next one will be in the spring, but we probably won't know until only 60-90 days before.
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #858
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
It was SO. HOT!!! And it seemed to be even hotter and more humid on Monday!!! I'm glad to be back in Phoenix, where it's a dry heat!! We had a great time! It was awesome to see everyone over the weekend. Can't wait to hear how we did, we only know we didn't get top 3. Now that Bridget & Kandace have been officially initiated into MA, we need some more ladies to join us. The next one will be in the spring, but we probably won't know until only 60-90 days before.
Yay for dry heat! It does make a difference. That humidity was just doing me in. For real.

Can't wait to hear how y'all did!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #859
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:

Thanks. I'm debating on going to the doctor or not. I'm not sure there's much they can do for me from what I'm reading online...

You really should go since you don't know exactly whats wrong with your foot. Better to be safe than sorry.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #860
nwdisgal
DIS Veteran

Jen, I can't believe you did the Tough Mudder. My co-worker did that race this past weekend and was describing it - everything from the plunge into ice cold water to crawling under high voltage wire! Big congrats to you for finishing that race.

Beth, I hope your foot gets better. PF can take a while to heal but the tennis balls help.

I agree with everyone. Is it only Tuesday Wish the week would speed up.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #861
cccdisney
DIS Diva

Hey Ladies! Stopping in to say hi! It's been HOT up here. Heard its been hot down in DL as well. I think September and October is hotter than July nowadays!

We have a family trip planned for late December! Can't wait! And it shouldn't be hot!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #862
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Hi Becci!

Nice to see you!

Had a wonderful weekend with the Divas! So wonderful to see you guys.

Got lots done on the scavvy hunt!

Everyone seemed to like the tee shirt design, so it is a go!
As soon as the design has been refined, I will have Beth help me post it on here.

On another note, I'm making French Onion soup for dinner. It smells wonderful in here.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #863
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Yay for dry heat! It does make a difference. That humidity was just doing me in. For real.

Can't wait to hear how y'all did!
It was doing me in too!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #864
nwdisgal
DIS Veteran

Melody - French onion soup! Yum!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #865
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

:
: :yes::
Old 10-03-2012, 01:50 AM   #866
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Howdy all! I'm back from my long weekend up in Portland where the weather was GORGEOUS. 78 - 80 degrees and SUNNY the whole time! Came home to 100 degrees. Ick. But, at least it's a dry heat. When I was at DL in August it was in the upper 80's but the humidity was AWFUL. It felt like WDW!

My neighbor came over yesterday to install the new ceiling fan and a new faucet in the master bath/shower. Ceiling fan went in, no problem. Got the old faucet handle thing off and found out that the eediots that installed the shower took some "shortcuts" and jacked it up so that we can't replace the faucet without tearing out the tub surround wall. Seriously? Ugh. So replacing the faucet assembly (which is starting to have issues) went from a $150 job to a $950 job because if I'm ripping stuff out, I'm getting a new tub in there too. So that's on hold for about a year probably. Hope the faucet hangs in there..... It's also pushed getting the other bathroom done to the top of the list, the plan is to have that done before Thanksgiving.

Oh, here's a funny though. After putting the faucet handle assembly back on, I had to re-seal/caulk it. Well, you aren't supposed to expose the sealant to water for 36 hours. That's our only shower. And we don't have a gym membership. LOL So I did a little redneck repair with a trash bag and duct tape. *snort* Gotta love it.

So I've been kinda cranky the past 2 days and have spent a lot of time on the WDW side, immersing myself in plans for my WDW trip in FIFTY TWO DAYS! SQUEAL! I can't believe the Diva mini meet is just two weeks from Friday! DOUBLE SQUEAL!

So that's all that's going on here. The thrills never end......

Old 10-03-2012, 02:11 AM   #867
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell
Hi Becci!

Nice to see you!

Had a wonderful weekend with the Divas! So wonderful to see you guys.

Got lots done on the scavvy hunt!

As soon as the design has been refined, I will have Beth help me post it on here.

On another note, I'm making French Onion soup for dinner. It smells wonderful in here.
I can't seem to see the design on the facebook page...

Old 10-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #868
nwdisgal
DIS Veteran

Is the design on FB? I am confused.

Lisa that faucet rehab sounds like a pain. Good luck with it!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #869
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwdisgal View Post
Is the design on FB? I am confused.
I am so sorry for the confusion.

I showed the ladies last weekend the design in person, and asked for their approval. They seemed happy, so now I need my son Derrick to finish it up. It was a pretty rough draft. Maybe if I can figure it out, I will get that image on here anyway.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #870
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good morning, ladies!! Happy Hump Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
You really should go since you don't know exactly whats wrong with your foot. Better to be safe than sorry.
Hmmm, maybe you're right. We'll see. I just hate doctors. And, with only one car, it's such a hassle to go. I'll look and see if there are any podiatrists near me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwdisgal View Post
Jen, I can't believe you did the Tough Mudder. My co-worker did that race this past weekend and was describing it - everything from the plunge into ice cold water to crawling under high voltage wire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccdisney View Post
Hey Ladies! Stopping in to say hi!
Hi, Becci! Always good to see you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

I loved the design! So cute!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Howdy all! I'm back from my long weekend up in Portland where the weather was GORGEOUS.
So jealous! Hey, did you go to VooDoo Donuts and order the special shaped donut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post
It hasn't been posted anywhere yet, she just showed a rough draft to a few of us that met up at DL this past weekend. It's cute and I think everyone will love it! Once it's been touched up a bit more, then it will be posted here for all to see.

(oops, I see Mel already answered that. lol)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: