Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
BeachLove
Mouseketeer

I want to buy a tablet. Which one?

There are so many out there right now. Do some have better options than others? I just really want something to keep track of appointments, put in simple math, track my budget for the business, use the internet. Honestly, I don't know much about them but loved my old palm pilot from like 10 years ago. What do you use yours for and which one did you get?
BeachLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachLove View Post
There are so many out there right now. Do some have better options than others? I just really want something to keep track of appointments, put in simple math, track my budget for the business, use the internet. Honestly, I don't know much about them but loved my old palm pilot from like 10 years ago. What do you use yours for and which one did you get?
I have an iPad and you can do all of that -- and more -- on it. However, if you were looking for Excel for your budgeting, there are alternatives but not a licenced version.

The Microsoft Surface tablet should be released later this month (October 26 is the official release date). So far, there is no information about the price and despite several "announcement" events, the press has not yet had the opportunity to review it based on hands-on use. If you prefer a licensed version of Excel, you might want to wait until more is known about the Surface.

Best of luck. -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
Mary Anne
Not sure what season that is
I couldn't figure this out It was driving me crazy

I bought a tablet about 2 years ago for my husband, figuring he'd hardly use it so it didn't pay to pay extra for an ipad. Worse mistake I ever made. He embraced it and now two years later it is not supported by the manufacture, is slow, cannot do a lot of stuff and should probably be replaced. We also have an ipad (that we received I received as a gift from work for retiring) and it is so much better. Yes I know it is more expensive but by the time my husband's tablet is replaced, we will have spent more money on two tables then one ipad for him. I'd go the the proven product and buy the ipad. It will save more money in the long run.
Mary Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

I bought an iPad back in the spring and I am so happy with it. It's 32G and WiFi only. It was the best $600 I ever spent. I mostly use it for checking e-mail, watching Netflix, banking, internet searching, facebook, Disboards, and a few games. I have the Kindle app for books, I like it better than DH's Kindle (original one).

Now, saying that, if DH's job wasn't ending at the end of this year, I was going to buy him a Kindle Fire for Christmas, but he doesn't take care of his stuff like I do, so I won't spend that much money for him to just play games and watch Netflix. He is in the Army Reserves, so it might have been nice for him to take with him when he goes away, but it needs to be able to withstand him being rough with it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: