Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #91
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
We're always in for SWW, except this year we'll be dressing up for the first time, as we did for Celebration VI.
My dh and ds will be dressed up too. Ds has 3 different costumes and dh has 2. I have none, but do have a few Her Universe shirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFloridian99 View Post
I'm still deciding to dress up or not.
Go for it!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #92
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

If it's like last year, dates should be announced Late November/Early December.

The force will be with you, always.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #93
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If it's like last year, dates should be announced Late November/Early December.
I keep finding myself going to starwars.com and clicking on events, then Disney Star Wars Events even though I know it's not there yet.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #94
Random Ninja
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
We're always in for SWW, except this year we'll be dressing up for the first time, as we did for Celebration VI.
I wonder if we passed each other at CVI? I was there Sat & Sun. If you saw a ninja on Sat, that was me.

Next SWW, I will definitely be dressing up as my DBF is insisting I do the parade with him. At least it means this time he'll actually visit the parks. Can you believe he's done about 3 SWWs and hasn't been on a single ride since the 90s!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #95
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Ninja View Post
I wonder if we passed each other at CVI? I was there Sat & Sun. If you saw a ninja on Sat, that was me.

Next SWW, I will definitely be dressing up as my DBF is insisting I do the parade with him. At least it means this time he'll actually visit the parks. Can you believe he's done about 3 SWWs and hasn't been on a single ride since the 90s!

Old 10-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #96
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Hopefully, we will be able to make it back next year in June. It rained so hard this year at our SWW day, I think we need a do-over. Everything was shut down or cancelled. Even the Indy show was condensed. My kids got picked to be in the parade. About 1 hour before the line up, the rain came and didn't stop until that evening. Needless to say, the parade never happened. It was a monsoon. I am hoping we get to go and have better weather.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #97
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Hopefully, we will be able to make it back next year in June. It rained so hard this year at our SWW day, I think we need a do-over. Everything was shut down or cancelled. Even the Indy show was condensed. My kids got picked to be in the parade. About 1 hour before the line up, the rain came and didn't stop until that evening. Needless to say, the parade never happened. It was a monsoon. I am hoping we get to go and have better weather.
I hope this year you have the most perfect, pleasant weather for your SWW.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #98
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
You went on June 1 didn't you? The rain is also hitting MNSSHP as I heard that the Hadless Horseman fell off a night or two ago.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #99
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Quote:
You went on June 1 didn't you? The rain is also hitting MNSSHP as I heard that the Hadless Horseman fell off a night or two ago.
Yes, I believe it was. It was like nothing I had seen before. It was thundering and lightning. For a moment, we were scared to walk to the car. We went back to the hotel for warm showers and naps. We didn't make it back that night for the Hyperspace Hoopla. I think we went to play putt putt later that night because we were afraid it it would pour again.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #101
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Yes, I believe it was. It was like nothing I had seen before. It was thundering and lightning. For a moment, we were scared to walk to the car. We went back to the hotel for warm showers and naps. We didn't make it back that night for the Hyperspace Hoopla. I think we went to play putt putt later that night because we were afraid it it would pour again.
I believe that Hoopla went on, but it wasn't broadcasted at AI.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #102
CentralFloridian99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Dh was able to get off work 3 of the 4 weekends!! Now hopefully those will be the dates!!

Old 10-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #103
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Well, we're in for Memorial Day wkend - airfare price went down today so I did it Now we are just crossing our fingers that Ray Park is there that weekend again. DGrD(9) LOVED SWW last year but I really missed being there on Ray's weekend!
Just hope I'm still able to withstand the FL heat when the next Grand reaches SWW age in about 7 or 8 years.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #104
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
Well, we're in for Memorial Day wkend - airfare price went down today so I did it Now we are just crossing our fingers that Ray Park is there that weekend again. DGrD(9) LOVED SWW last year but I really missed being there on Ray's weekend!
Just hope I'm still able to withstand the FL heat when the next Grand reaches SWW age in about 7 or 8 years.
Hey bjakmom, We will be there at the same time. I am planning May 26-June 1. Can you tell me what airline you did? I am looking for some cheap flights. :-)
Old 10-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #105
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Hey bjakmom, We will be there at the same time. I am planning May 26-June 1. Can you tell me what airline you did? I am looking for some cheap flights. :-)
I use Spirit Airline out of AC airport whenever I can get a good price. Today only they had a $24 off each r/t fare that gave me a price I could live with. 2 r/t for me was $427. total. I can't see it going any lower over a holiday weekend - I needed to get DGrD home on Mem Day night for school the next day. Good luck!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: