Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #16
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

My dd11 will be so mad if the take away VOTLM before June. Last summer we went to the next to the last showing of the night and after 5 min. were told we all had to leave the theater. I've never seen CMs exit people so quickly! We later found out the show sign had caught on fire outside the theater and the whole area was evacuated. Anyway, that was our only day at DHS and we did not have park hoppers so I promised her we would see it next time!
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:04 AM   #17
DisneyDan73
Earning My Ears

It's been at least a couple of years now but I'd heard a rumor that some type of phineas and ferb attraction was replacing Sounds Dangerous. That needs to go away long before b&b or VoLM if you ask me.
DisneyDan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #18
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDan73 View Post
It's been at least a couple of years now but I'd heard a rumor that some type of phineas and ferb attraction was replacing Sounds Dangerous. That needs to go away long before b&b or VoLM if you ask me.
I agree! At least BatB and VotLM still get decent crowds. My biggest issue with VotLM is that the quality of the film portions of the show is so poor, especially today when we're used to seeing things in HD. If they would update the film (and maybe replace the seats in the theater), I would be happy with it sticking around.

Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
flyergrad09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #19
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09

I agree! At least BatB and VotLM still get decent crowds. My biggest issue with VotLM is that the quality of the film portions of the show is so poor, especially today when we're used to seeing things in HD. If they would update the film (and maybe replace the seats in the theater), I would be happy with it sticking around.
The mermaid show was not meant to be permanent.

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #20
TexasErin
Loves old Pluto cartoons

OT, but MJMcBride is that your website in your sig? I just visited it and it is really well-done! Awesome website!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #21
MJMcBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasErin View Post
OT, but MJMcBride is that your website in your sig? I just visited it and it is really well-done! Awesome website!
I am one of a couple who work on it. Thanks its pretty new

Im Safari Mike

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Old 10-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #22
Fantasmiss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyMacJ
I really hope they don't take out VotLM before May. I agree it probably needs to be updated, but my girls have never seen it and I would like them to. I would be happy about Tangled, though. Rapunzel is DD4's favorite and Ariel is DD3's favorite. So hopefully at least one of them will be happy
I like both.... I'd rather they'd remove lights motors action and replace that with a Tangled show and some scenery, but that won't happen.
May 2008 - WDW - All Star Sports - 2 weeks
Jan 2009 - WDW - All Star Music + All Star Movies - 2 weeks - birthday trip
Feb/Mar 2010 - DLP - Santa Fe - 6 days
Jan 2011 - WDW - All Star Movies & Pop Century - 17 days - birthday trip
May 2011 - WDW - All Star Sports - 17 days - anniversary trip
Nov 2011 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 6 days
Oct/Nov 2012 - WDW - All Star Sports+Art of Animation - 3 weeks - 10th Disney Trip
Oct/Nov 2013 - WDW - All Star Sports - 25 days - birthday trip
MAR 2014 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 5 days- birthday trip

MAY 2014 - WDW - ALL STAR SPORTS - 17 DAYS - ANNIVERSARY TRIP!

Fantasmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #23
TAGoofy
Earning My Ears

We see both shows every time we go. If that does happen, they will be missed. I remember a show with Pocahontas in HS (MGM) years ago in the 1990's. We saw it in 1995. I wish they would bring that back again for a little while.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #24
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

I have always enjoyed VoLM, so I hope it stays! Yes, it's old and outdated, but for some reason I really like it.

The first time we took my daughter to WDW she was barely 2. We saw VoLM 6 times in 1 day because she was mesmerized by it. She kept asking to go again. So, it also is a sentimental favorite for her and I. She's 8 now and every time we've gone since then her trip is not complete without VoLM.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #25
loriandmatt
DIS Veteran

VotLM will be missed in my family. we don't have much oppertunity in our regular lives to experience live theater. although some may feel a theme park theater experience might not be the best example, at least it introduces it to the masses. VotLM is the only example of the Japanese Bunraku theater style that is easily accessable to us. My kids were fascinated by the almost invisible puppeteers in all black controling those characters. (we always loved the Legend of the Lion King show at MK too. those puppets were huge and expertly mastered. an art form you don't see much of.) if either are replaced i hope they replace them with something other than a 3D movie. as much as i love Philharmagic and think it is a quality attraction, i would still like a live experience.
8/1980 (a one day trip to MK, but the magic was planted), 9/2000 ASMo (the long awaited return - i am hooked), 10/2001 - FW, 2/2002 - offsite, 6/2002 - ASMu, 8/2003 FW (it's been over a year- ack! I am going thru withdrawl), 3/2004 FW, Wow - a new house and a new baby - will have to wait a while for out next trip. How long do you think we can hold out?!?!?!?, 9/2005 - Pop (Held out for 18 months - that was hard!), 8/2006 - ASSp and POR, 8/2007 - FW,6/2008 - off site windsor hills villa,8/09 - just swung by for two day trips while staying at Cocoa Beach,07/10 - WL, 07/11 - AKL,8/12 - POR, 7/13 - Poly, 2014 - planning - leaning towards FW cabin
loriandmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #26
Manga
Mouseketeer

I love both the B&B and VotLM shows but after soooooooo many years of enjoying them I'm ready for something new. I would love to see Tangled in a live stage.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #27
ctl
Mouseketeer

I loved VOTLM

I loved VOTLM, I will be sad to see it go. It was a nice sit down and the cool theater was great to come into from the heat of the day. Personally, I can't stand Phineas etc. I hope another puppeteer-type show replaces VOTLM. With losing it and BaTB there really is no reason other than the new Star Tours and Fantasmic for me to go to DHS (and Star Tours gets old too). The ToyStory ride is no big shakes for me, and I don't do roller-coasters. I am completely sick of the Great Movie Ride, they can keep it, and their version of American Idol is cringeworthy. I loved Who wants to be a Millionaire and it died quickly, as did the Hunchback (my favorite show of all time at DHS). USF is starting to look a lot better with it's WWoHP.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #28
Lumiere Lover
You can sleep after we leave WDW..

No!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't get to see B&TB in 2010, and we won't be down there until December. Disney, please wait until after the holidays!!

June 2014-1st Disneyland trip, December 2012 POFQ-Excited we were there 12-12-12! September 2010 POFQ, Dec 2008 PC, Wonder, CBR, Aug 2008 Swan, Dec 2006 POR, Aug 2005 Gaylord Palms, Feb 2005 CBR, FEB 2002 AS Movies, Apr 1989 Offsite, Apr 1976 Offsite
Lumiere Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #29
MJMcBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumiere Lover
No!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't get to see B&TB in 2010, and we won't be down there until December. Disney, please wait until after the holidays!!
Since they haven't announced anything its unlikely to change before the holidays

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Old 10-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #30
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

I like BatB and VoTLM. VoTLM, to me, is more for kids but still fun. My DD loves it. I agree both have been there forever and with the changes in MK, I think both of these should go and make room for new stuff. I do miss the Hunchback show...that was awesome. I don't really care for LMA show. I've seen it a couple times and will see it again in November (because my stepfather LOVES it). Since it is realtively new, I doubt that it will be replaced in the near future.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: