Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #16
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

As the PPs have said, the viewing area is to the left of the restaurant (when facing WS lagoon). You'll actually exit R&C, head behind the check-in podium, go down the pathway, and turn right at the T. There should be a CM at the entrance making sure only R&C guests enter the reserved viewing area. On the map below, the red square is approximately where the viewing area is located.

The view is great from the reserved area, but not necessarily any better than other locations around WS. I like the food at R&C, so being able to watch IllumiNations (regardless of where you're seated) is a perk. You can go out to the viewing area regardless of where you're seated (not all patio tables have a good view of the lagoon). Here is a photo taken from the reserved viewing area:

figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #17
memakwed
Mouseketeer

do they give you notice and is it wheelchair accessable

If we are to sit inside for dinner at R&C, again I don't care either way where we sit, do they give you notice of when to go to the reserved area? I could see us sitting down and totally forgetting until it is too late. Also it sounds like a trek, going out of the restaurant, around and about. Is it wheelchair accessable? Is it more pomp and circumstance to get through the restaurant with a wheelchair? We've never been but some places seem to have tables closer together than others. Is it weird, to get up in the middle of dinner and leave your food? Kind of against everything my mother ever taught me( especially in a public place). Do they time your food since most everyone would be distracted for illuminations so you wouldn't be in the middle of a course? For example, apps, then say if you're viewing illuminations this is a good time to go out and then have your entree when you return, or is it a free for all and you could just wind up with cold food? thanks for all the answers and patience with my questions, I am an overplanner who strives for perfection while I understand it won't be and to just be in the moment and enjoy. However, that is easier siad then done.
memakwed is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #18
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by memakwed View Post
If we are to sit inside for dinner at R&C, again I don't care either way where we sit, do they give you notice of when to go to the reserved area? I could see us sitting down and totally forgetting until it is too late. Also it sounds like a trek, going out of the restaurant, around and about. Is it wheelchair accessable? Is it more pomp and circumstance to get through the restaurant with a wheelchair? We've never been but some places seem to have tables closer together than others. Is it weird, to get up in the middle of dinner and leave your food? Kind of against everything my mother ever taught me( especially in a public place). Do they time your food since most everyone would be distracted for illuminations so you wouldn't be in the middle of a course? For example, apps, then say if you're viewing illuminations this is a good time to go out and then have your entree when you return, or is it a free for all and you could just wind up with cold food? thanks for all the answers and patience with my questions, I am an overplanner who strives for perfection while I understand it won't be and to just be in the moment and enjoy. However, that is easier siad then done.
If you tell your server at the start of the meal that you want to watch IllumiNations, they'll try to get you out there on time. However, it's always good for you to keep an eye on the time and remind the server if it's getting close. They are busy and don't always remember.

In terms of timing, it really depends on you. They won't pace the meal for you, but if you do order dessert (for example) before the show, it should be on your table when you get back (at least it was for my family when we've been there). However, if you're in the middle of the course, you can still go watch the show, so yes, the food will get cold while you watch. You might be able to ask them to wait to put the order in until you get back from the show.

The tables aren't really close together (not like at Le Cellier), so you should be able to maneuver a wheel chair. The reserved viewing area has a wall in the front. I can't remember exactly how tall it is, but I know it's tall enough that most folks can lean on it with their elbows.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: