Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #136
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
We are booked for a Royal Room, standard view. Also, we have asked for the top floor and will need to use the elevator with our stroller. Considering this, does it matter which building we are in...if we have to use the elevator entrance anyway? We just want to be close to the bridge to use the main bus stop.
While Parterre Place is closer to the bridge that goes to the front of the building, the standard view rooms can be rather far out.

You may be better off asking for Oak Manor.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #137
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chskover View Post
We are staying at POR for the first time. There are 5 of us, so I believe we will have to be in Alligator Bayou section. I have a River View. Can anyone suggest a room area or building. I will have to suggest ground because of daughters trouble with stairs.
An Alligator Bayou River View room would be in buildings 14, 27 or 38 only. 14 is closest for the main buildings, 38 is the closest for the main pool, and 27 is between the two. 14 is generally regarded as the best location, and it's my favourite too. But none of them are bad locations to be honest.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #138
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
No complications, no extra people, no trying to satisfy everyone. Just a couple of friends and a couple of kids enjoying the parks and all the resorts have to offer.
Sometimes the goal can get lost in the planning, and just stepping back for moment and taking the simplest option can be a lot more rewarding in the long run (and a lot less hassle!). I'm sure you will all have a fabulous time.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #139
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannie View Post
Thanks for your help! I probably won't mention it at check-in...I really don't want to come across as a mooch.
Personally, I'd suggest dropping the resort a quick fax a few days before you arrive saying that you had trouble with trying to book a King Room originally, but if they do happen to have any spare now then it would make your 6th anniversary trip a little more special. What have you got to lose? And no mooch feelings at check-in that way - as either you get it or you don't.

Andre

Old 10-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #140
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Personally, I'd suggest dropping the resort a quick fax a few days before you arrive saying that you had trouble with trying to book a King Room originally, but if they do happen to have any spare now then it would make your 6th anniversary trip a little more special. What have you got to lose? And no mooch feelings at check-in that way - as either you get it or you don't.

Andre
Yeah I agree with this. They may just give you some pixie dust, but as mentioned nothing is set in stone.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #141
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Hey guys! How far in advance do you recommend sending in fax room location requests? Does a fax usually cover it or would you also call? (we have a medical need.) What's the best phone number to call? Thanks so much!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Old 10-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #142
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
I would request the center of the building as that is where the elevators are located. The center of each royal mansion is about the same distance from the bridge. Standard view will most likely put you on the parking lot side but if you are in the center near the elevator it won't be far to the bridge. I'm adding 2 pics from Parterre so you can see the distance from the building to the river and bridge. The first is the view from the top floor center of building next to elevator. The 2nd pic is my son at the end of the walkway by the river and you can see the walkway alongside the Parterre wing closest to Oak and the distance to the bridge.
Thanks! POR sure looks beautiful!! Would a room by the elevators be loud?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #143
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Hey guys! How far in advance do you recommend sending in fax room location requests? Does a fax usually cover it or would you also call? (we have a medical need.) What's the best phone number to call? Thanks so much!
Call CRO (Central Reservations office) and have it placed on your reservation.

Also, slip over to the disabilities board; they have a number where you can call and place requests based on medical needs.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #144
skippingthrudisney
Earning My Ears

Is there a way?

Is there a way for the Royal Guest room headboard lights to stay on? It is my understanding that you push a button and they stay on for a minute but I've seen it suggested that you sleep with you head at the foot of the bed so you can see them better and one minute doesn't seem long.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #145
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Hey guys! How far in advance do you recommend sending in fax room location requests? Does a fax usually cover it or would you also call?
Check out http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php, which covers pretty much everything I can think of regarding room requests, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Call CRO (Central Reservations office)
They renamed it to the Disney Reservations Centre (DRC) a few years ago. I have no idea why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippingthrudisney View Post
Is there a way for the Royal Guest room headboard lights to stay on?
Sorry, no there isn't. You just have to get someone to hold the button for you.

Andre

Last edited by andrewilley; 10-02-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #146
savannie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yeah I agree with this. They may just give you some pixie dust, but as mentioned nothing is set in stone.
I think I will do that. Thanks very much for the suggestion.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #147
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Id call also. Just to confirm they received it. But before going that route check your messages.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #148
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

If you wanted a Royal Room close to the bus stop, what would you ask for? Oak Manor standard room? Parterre Place river view? Would I have better odds of being closer to a bus stop with a certain view type? All my sister cares about is being close to a bus stop. And ground floor would be great for her too.

I'm really hoping there is a bounce back in my room when I go in December. Then I can book POR for 2013!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #149
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
If you wanted a Royal Room close to the bus stop, what would you ask for? Oak Manor standard room? Parterre Place river view? Would I have better odds of being closer to a bus stop with a certain view type? All my sister cares about is being close to a bus stop. And ground floor would be great for her too.

I'm really hoping there is a bounce back in my room when I go in December. Then I can book POR for 2013!
If all she wants is to be close to a bus stop, I would just note that and let the room assigner do the rest.

Standard view of Oak Manor will be closest to the east depot; while riverview of both buildings will get you close to the bridge that goes directly over to the front of the building to the South depot.

Also either building, close to the quiet pool, thus waterview, will get them really close to the bridge. You do run the risk of Parterre Place riverview going a little farther down stream, so to speak.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #150
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
Thanks! POR sure looks beautiful!! Would a room by the elevators be loud?
Our room was totally quiet, I didn't see or hear anyone around our room until later in the week towards our checkout. Being near the elevator was totally convenient as we could go down to the walkway though the beautiful courtyard (prettier than Oak IMO) or go out the back to the parking lot to get our rental car.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
Future trips on hold due to DS8's leukemia diagnosis

Me (43) DH (40) DS (8) DD (8)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: