Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #61
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Wow your pictures of AoA are beautiful! The lobby looks amazing, I love the bright lights where you check in! And the drawings of the characters!

I love the 'Mine" seagulls! And the Lion King section! I absolutely cannot wait to stay there, even if it just for one night! I can't wait to see your room!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #62
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Loved your first post - we were right down the hall from you! We were in the same building, on the third floor...I *think* room 9772 but I might be wrong. We were right behind the dolphin to the left of Triton, facing the pool on the third floor.

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #63
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Great start so far! We spent one night exploring AoA on our July trip. I loved it! It's so bright and colorful. Anyway, love your pics! I can't wait to see and hear more!!!

Old 10-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #64
Kbendig
Mouseketeer

OK, I am done lurking on TR's. Really, it feels weird like I'm an uninvited guest!

AOA looks amazing! I wanted to stay there but the suites were a bit out of our price range and my two boys said no to the LM rooms. I told them fine, but we will be going there to look around.

The ME driver should have walked back up to announce it, not just yell in. Especially if he was standing there with no one coming.

DH
ME
DS5

Dude, Where's my Underwear TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3014168

You only have 2 years to make ADR's, an October 2014 PTR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024844
Old 10-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #65
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yeah - you made it. So funny that you were the only ones getting off the bus!

I love all your pictures. The other areas of AoA are so amazing. Wow! It's just so alive! I'm so glad you got the big camera out to take those pictures.
It's so hilarious and embarrassing, but we were waiting for an all clear. In all of Disney they drill you with "don't get up until we tell you! Don't unfasten your seat belt until the ride has come to a full and complete stop!" so we were waiting... but the all clear wasn't loud enough for us!
This was the first but not the last of times I took pictures of AOA! The SLR saw a lot of exercise this trip, much more than usual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
WOW!

What an incredibly beautiful, well-themed resort! Little Mermaid and Lion King are probably my favorite Disney movies. I love to see them coming to life like they do at the resort.

That is too funny that you were waiting for an invitation to get off the bus. It wouldn't have been pretty if the bus driver had come back onto the bus and started driving away!

For the first of what I'm sure I will be repeating many times- amazing photos!
I still think about how awful it would have been if the driver had started pulling away. It was embarrassing enough as it was! But seriously, like I said to MEK, Disney always tells you to wait for their all clear! I was conditioned that way!
And thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
AoA looks REALLY cool!!! I love your pictures from the lobby and the different sections! I'm very interested to hear what you thought of each!
AoA really was beautiful, the pictures just don't do it justice. When it's happening all around you, 360 degrees, it's really immersive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
A little trivia for you: when they did the scale testing for Ursula, they found out that if they left Ursula's "proportions" the way they were from the movie, guests would not be able to look up and see her face. So she had a little elective reduction of certain female assets.
Huh! I never would have noticed, but now that you say that I can totally see her reduction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Thanks! I'm so excited!!! I have a dining report/trip report started for both the cruise and my F&W trip in November.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2983217

Come on over!

Jill in CO
I have just joined in! Can't wait to hear about them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
That's so funny about you still waiting on the bus. Dude, that would so be me. I'm such a rule follower like, "you told me not to get off yet!"

Bright shiny and new is always great.

The lobby really is beautiful. So bright and colorful. Just a perfect representation of Disney to me. The pictures you took of the gradients on the walls don't even look real!

I am just in love with the Little Mermaid section! I'm so jealous you got to stay there already!
Yup, felt like a total dork, but no one could say we didn't at least try to listen to the driver! (even if we missed the most essential part... )
That's just what it is, a perfect representation of Disney. The Little Mermaid section was adorable, I loved the Eric statue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I just wanted to stop by and say hello and let you know I am following along.

I am just mesmerized by your pictures!! I cannot wait to see what your AoA room looks like... And the rest of the photos from your TR.

Gosh, just seeing your pictures of the resort makes me want to switch resorts! ACK - must resist!

D~
Glad to have you here!
AoA was pretty gorgeous. Do not resist! Come to the bright side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Wow your pictures of AoA are beautiful! The lobby looks amazing, I love the bright lights where you check in! And the drawings of the characters!

I love the 'Mine" seagulls! And the Lion King section! I absolutely cannot wait to stay there, even if it just for one night! I can't wait to see your room!
The 'Mine' seagulls were just precious. Such a nice touch! The room is the next post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfw213 View Post
Loved your first post - we were right down the hall from you! We were in the same building, on the third floor...I *think* room 9772 but I might be wrong. We were right behind the dolphin to the left of Triton, facing the pool on the third floor.
Hmm... we were right behind a dolphin to the left of Triton! When you come up the stairs in the middle there, turn left, we were the third door down. I have a picture of our building somewhere, I'll have to find it and highlight our room! Sounds like we were close neighbours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Joining in! Great start so far! We spent one night exploring AoA on our July trip. I loved it! It's so bright and colorful. Anyway, love your pics! I can't wait to see and hear more!!!
It's a beautiful resort, especially at night! They did a great job on it that's for sure.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:55 AM   #66
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbendig View Post
OK, I am done lurking on TR's. Really, it feels weird like I'm an uninvited guest!

AOA looks amazing! I wanted to stay there but the suites were a bit out of our price range and my two boys said no to the LM rooms. I told them fine, but we will be going there to look around.

The ME driver should have walked back up to announce it, not just yell in. Especially if he was standing there with no one coming.
A ninja post! Yayyy!

and thank you for coming out of Lurkdom!! Consider this your invitation
I can understand boys not wanting the Little Mermaid rooms, it sounds pretty girly. Disney did a great job trying to neutralize it (blue walls, lots of Eric, Triton and Flounder) but essentially it's always going to have a girly over tone.

I really figured the driver would double check. He's got a suitcase there with no owner... shouldn't he come back on the bus and ask if anyone is getting off? Ahh well, we figured it out eventually.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #67
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
so glad to have you here!
Hahaha now I'm going to be reading yours and looking for the similarities too! That's funny though, you probably can relate with how Johnny feels when I'm arguing with myself about taking out my camera!
I think I can definitely relate to that I do like to take my share of photos, but sometimes it's hard to wait for her to take hers because I want to keep going

I was so excited reading your updates! I can't wait to read more

I think the ME thing is kinda funny...though, it wouldn't have been at the time if the bus had kept going

Your photos show off the resort beautifully! I can almost hear the hustle and bustle of the lobby, and the kids playing at the Nemo pool...I will definitely have to make a stop over there next month...wait a minute...later on this month!

Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #68
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Gorgeous resort photos. Thank you so much for sharing so many detailed ones. We've never stayed at one of the values, but AoA sure has me tempted! I think it's such a great concept and theme for a resort, and from what I've seen it doesn't disappoint. The bright colors and larger than life characters just seem so "Disney" to me. Love, love, love it.

Can't wait to see/hear what you guys thought of the food court (which sounds really good from what I've read) and the rest of the resort!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #69
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Great photos! I am so glad you got off the bus, LOL! Love at you described the AOA concept as well. Disney's attention to detail and their thoughtfulness is amazing!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #70
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

Wow!!! The AoA pictures are amazing!!! I can't wait to see everything in person...

I'm working on a HUGE project at work... Go Live date was supposed to be October... So we booked a November vacation... Now they've pushed the date back to November... The only people that know about the trip are my parents and my manager... Haven't told anyone else because I'm afraid I'm going to jinx it and have to cancel... Please keep your fingers crossed for me... I really need this vacation!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #71
penni520
Mouseketeer

OMG The AOA is just beautiful and I am so excited to read all about your trip. I will be there soon. I am also a value lover.

Off property - 1972,1988 & 2010. Pop Century 2008, 2009 &2015
Old 10-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #72
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Oh nice TR and beautiful photos! Looking forward to more updates.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #73
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Gorgeous resort photos. Thank you so much for sharing so many detailed ones. We've never stayed at one of the values, but AoA sure has me tempted! I think it's such a great concept and theme for a resort, and from what I've seen it doesn't disappoint. The bright colors and larger than life characters just seem so "Disney" to me. Love, love, love it.

Can't wait to see/hear what you guys thought of the food court (which sounds really good from what I've read) and the rest of the resort!
Thank you! We've always stayed at value resorts, (actually more to the point, always Pop Century!) and AoA really is a fantastic place for a value. I like that they provide the option of the family suites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaze269 View Post
I think I can definitely relate to that I do like to take my share of photos, but sometimes it's hard to wait for her to take hers because I want to keep going

I was so excited reading your updates! I can't wait to read more

I think the ME thing is kinda funny...though, it wouldn't have been at the time if the bus had kept going

Your photos show off the resort beautifully! I can almost hear the hustle and bustle of the lobby, and the kids playing at the Nemo pool...I will definitely have to make a stop over there next month...wait a minute...later on this month!

Oh the ME situation will be a funny one in time, actually it already is.
You should take a stroll over around AoA later this month! It's really nice. I recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Great photos! I am so glad you got off the bus, LOL! Love at you described the AOA concept as well. Disney's attention to detail and their thoughtfulness is amazing!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Disney really does think hard about every aspect of everything they do. It's mind blowing how everything you look at was probably planned out for months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
Wow!!! The AoA pictures are amazing!!! I can't wait to see everything in person...

I'm working on a HUGE project at work... Go Live date was supposed to be October... So we booked a November vacation... Now they've pushed the date back to November... The only people that know about the trip are my parents and my manager... Haven't told anyone else because I'm afraid I'm going to jinx it and have to cancel... Please keep your fingers crossed for me... I really need this vacation!!!
I will absolutely cross my fingers and toes for you!! I hope it works out and you get to go! I won't say anything so as not to jinx it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penni520 View Post
OMG The AOA is just beautiful and I am so excited to read all about your trip. I will be there soon. I am also a value lover.
You're going soon? How exciting! AoA is very beautiful, very well done indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Oh nice TR and beautiful photos! Looking forward to more updates.
Thank you, and welcome!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #74
carlaewalter
Earning My Ears

OMG, loving it so far. We leave in 34 days also staying at AoA LM, so if you can finish up this TR before then, that would be great

Looking forward to the rest.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #75
amazingact21
Upendi

Ahhhh, you can't stop there! I am dying to see the LM room! You pictures of the LK section made me want to stay there even more, and I love the concept behind each part of the resort. I actually did not know that, so it was cool to learn something new.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: