Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #16
MrsLS
DIS Veteran

Obviously it can change since our November trip last year (the week before you would be going) was a lot warmer than the previous trip. It can be chilly in the morning but I didn't take a sweatshirt or jacket (my DH did some days) since its a pain carrying around and warms up by mid morning.

We both wear shorts & t's. At night it can get chilly, one night in Epcot the year before it was freezing (and I'm usually not cold).

If you are out the entire day, I would bring a sweatshirt and either carry it around, stuff it in a backpack or get a locker. We come back in the mid-afternoon and usually don't go back to a park but when we do I just judge the weather report temps & how I feel when I step out of the room.

I would look at the weather reports before you go to know if you would be comfortable with wearing jeans or shorts & definitely pack a sweatshirt or light jacket.

MrsLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Keep in mind the difference in how the weather will feel based on where you are and what you are doing.

For example - 55 degress in the sun, walking around probably feels more like 65-70 degrees as walking will increase your core temperature. 55 degrees at night, sitting on cold bleachers waiting for Fantasmic probably feels like 50 degrees.
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #18
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

We've been that time of year, and I agree weather cna be quite unpredictable.

That said, I don't pack to complete total wardrbes. I prep 3/4 of two total wardrobe possibilities.

Last minute, I look at weather reports and modify by swapping a few items: jeans for shorts, maybe swap in/out a jacket. You should bring at least one pari of long pants, and one summer outfit no matter what. I like items like long shorts/lightweight long pants, layering options. You can also bring things like extra socks. Gloves or double socks can really help keep you warm, and take up minimal space.

DO NOT trust that a week long weather report will tbe accurate- especially for days five/six/seven.

I look for items, like jeans or dark sweatshirts, that can be worn more than once in a pinch. I pack a little dry laundry soap- just in case. I ALWAYS come prepped for rain as a possibility.

Another way to make a last minute change is what you wear on the plane ride. Long pants =free space in your suitcase; you can always add an extra layer for the plane ride. (to be removed upon arrival and saved for a cold day)

Still, one more thing you can do...modify your park time. We are mostly troopers, but if the weather is really miserable, we just go back to our resort. Even if it's quite cold - you can almost always use the hot tub. Many of the resorts have nice lobbies, fine dining. You can also opt for more 'indoorsy' attractions, like doing indoor shows and avoiding outdoor shows.

Last but not least, there's no shortage of shirts on sale at WDW. Very close to WDW, if you havea car, is a most excellent outlet mall, actually several! This time of year, it can be great fun to build into your schedule a non-park day that includes shopping...especially if it happens to be raining or very cold!
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #19
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
Keep in mind the difference in how the weather will feel based on where you are and what you are doing.

For example - 55 degress in the sun, walking around probably feels more like 65-70 degrees as walking will increase your core temperature. 55 degrees at night, sitting on cold bleachers waiting for Fantasmic probably feels like 50 degrees.
Good point! Epseicially if it's breezy on that cool night! It can feel more like 30!
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: