Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #421
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

DAY 6, MARCH 2012, cont.'d

I totally forgot a few elements of the AK day story...before we went on the safari Jillian had finally decided what she wanted to do with her souvie money (yes, she held onto it ALL week until our last full day, she is tight like her daddy. ) Last year she tried to purchase one of the "engraved" leather bracelets but the engraver broke and she missed out on it. This year she wanted to get one for herself and one for BFF. For those of you who have had this done, you may know that it takes a while. What to do while we wait? FOOD!!! Yep, there was a snack right across the way that I needed, yes NEEDED, to try...the jalepeno pretzel! It is now one of my FAVORITE Disney snacks. It is one that I have been craving, and you just can't get these things in the real world! It will now forever be on my Must-Do list for Disney!

As we were waiting in line for the safari Brian wrapped his arms around me and said the most special words a Disney loving gal could ever hear: "I can't wait until you and I can come back to Disney without the kids someday." Yes, he had officially drank the Koolaid, and is now my very own Disney lovin' husband. We will be going to Disney year after year for a loooooong time to come now!

Okay, now that that little backtrack is over, let's pick up where I left off with the story last time...

As we continued on in our safari we got up close and personal with a White Rhinocerus.

At a safe distance:

Getting closer:

And closer:

HELLO Mr. Rhino:

We took the time to say hello to Pumba:

After our safari Gabe and Charity stopped to make music (you know there is serious concentration going on when the tongue it out, folks!):

While Brian, Jillian and I had some pictures taken on the bridge:

Wow! Jillian knows how to get some very unflattering angles!

This was the end of our tour of Animal Kingdom. We loved it, and have a much better appriciation for it now. BUT, this is not the end of Day 6 yet...we still have dinner to tend to. Where will we go? Will we like it? There is still one more snack on my must-try list...will I get it? Will I like it? Stay tuned...

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 10-02-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #422
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
the jalepeno pretzel! It is now one of my FAVORITE Disney snacks. It is one that I have been craving, and you just can't get these things in the real world! It will now forever be on my Must-Do list for Disney!
QVC used to have them, but I just looked to get the item number for you and they don't show it anymore I loved them!

Quote:
As we were waiting in line for the safari Brian wrapped his arms around me and said the most special words a Disney loving gal could ever hear: "I can't wait until you and I can come back to Disney without the kids someday." Yes, he had officially drank the Koolaid, and is now my very own Disney lovin' husband.
Sooooo jealous of you right now!!!! Please have your hubby talk to my hubby in the near future!

Quote:
(you know there is serious concentration going on when the tongue it out, folks!)
Well, yeah....everyone knows that it is just pretending if your tongue isn't out.

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #423
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

What in the wold is your TR doing on page 2? You just did an update... I am fixin' to change that right now!

Quote:
DAY 6, MARCH 2012, cont.'d

I totally forgot a few elements of the AK day story...before we went on the safari Jillian had finally decided what she wanted to do with her souvie money (yes, she held onto it ALL week until our last full day, she is tight like her daddy. ) Last year she tried to purchase one of the "engraved" leather bracelets but the engraver broke and she missed out on it. This year she wanted to get one for herself and one for BFF. For those of you who have had this done, you may know that it takes a while. What to do while we wait? FOOD!!! Yep, there was a snack right across the way that I needed, yes NEEDED, to try...the jalepeno pretzel! It is now one of my FAVORITE Disney snacks. It is one that I have been craving, and you just can't get these things in the real world! It will now forever be on my Must-Do list for Disney!

I know what you mean... I've been craving these things for months... Would you believe I've even tried to trace Disney supplier - when I returned from our 2008 trip? They won't sell them to anyone but Disney.

Quote:
As we were waiting in line for the safari Brian wrapped his arms around me and said the most special words a Disney loving gal could ever hear: "I can't wait until you and I can come back to Disney without the kids someday." Yes, he had officially drank the Koolaid, and is now my very own Disney lovin' husband. We will be going to Disney year after year for a loooooong time to come now!
You have no idea how lucky you are... I could only dream of having DH say those words to me some day.

Quote:
Okay, now that that little backtrack is over, let's pick up where I left off with the story last time...

After our safari Gabe and Charity stopped to make music (you know there is serious concentration going on when the tongue it out, folks!):

LOL that is so cute!

Quote:
While Brian, Jillian and I had some pictures taken on the bridge:

Wow! Jillian knows how to get some very unflattering angles!
I think that is a cute picture of you two... Yah - that viewing angle is off just a smidgin - but she captured the moment and that's most important.

Quote:
This was the end of our tour of Animal Kingdom. We loved it, and have a much better appriciation for it now. BUT, this is not the end of Day 6 yet...we still have dinner to tend to. Where will we go? Will we like it? There is still one more snack on my must-try list...will I get it? Will I like it? Stay tuned...
Yay!! I love it when people love AK! Even if it is the only place you can get the jalepeno pretzels... AK has so many hidden treasures that I love to discover.

Great update!

D~
Old 10-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #424
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post

Sooooo jealous of you right now!!!! Please have your hubby talk to my hubby in the near future!

How about we just plan a brainwashing ceremony?

D~
Old 10-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #425
solana131
DIS Veteran

Brainwashing party sounds good to me. But the only way you are getting my guy there is to say it's a hunting trip.....that's all he cares about these days

Old 10-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #426
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
How about we just plan a brainwashing ceremony?

D~
Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Brainwashing party sounds good to me. But the only way you are getting my guy there is to say it's a hunting trip.....that's all he cares about these days
What kind of music do they enjoy? Perhaps some music with subliminal messages would work nicely?

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 10-08-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #427
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

So, this past Saturday was our Aladdin movie night. This was, by far, our hardest movie night...because two out of three of our children were sick. My BFF and her family were supposed to join us, but we didn't want to risk sharing our illness with her kids, so we went it alone.

The invitation:

The decorations weren't what I had planned, but I was unable to find key elements needed for my plan ...so I had to make do with what I could find:

The food...

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with Pita Chips:

Garlic and Olive Oil CousCous:

Honey Chicken Kabobs

The recipe I used for the kabobs ( http://joelens.blogspot.com/2011/08/...en-kabobs.html) turned out delicious!!!

Abu's Caramel Monkey Bread (thanks D~ for the delicious recipe, we loved it):

Craft Time (I did not even try to get anyone to look at the camera and smile...remember we had sick children):

And the finished product (Brian and I made Magic Carpets, too ):

Our next movie night theme with be.......
Old 10-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #428
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I love it I wish i lived closer I'd wanna come to movie night I'm seriously going to start doing them,a few yrs back I used to do Disney countdown nights a friend of mine said oh i dunno about 5 trips in a row that she was coming with us and never did.WE used to get together for these countdown nights and they were always different sometimes it was a craft night some were movies,some were games but i never thought to put it all together.Then after so many times the kids I guess felt let down that this other family would always cancel out of the trip last minute so we just stopped doing them,but I'm going to start them again just for us.So thanks for the inspiration

Old 10-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #429
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

Those honey chicken kabobs looks great and I'm going to try them. Did you cook the chicken longer than the vegetables?I never have much luck with kabobs b/c I burn the veg.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
Old 10-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #430
DMGeurts

Everything looks amazing!!!

The kabobs - NUMMY!!!!

Oooh - and Toy Story!!! One of my favorites!

I hope everyone is feeling better now. (((Hugs)))

D~
Old 10-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #431
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
I love it I wish i lived closer I'd wanna come to movie night I'm seriously going to start doing them,a few yrs back I used to do Disney countdown nights a friend of mine said oh i dunno about 5 trips in a row that she was coming with us and never did.WE used to get together for these countdown nights and they were always different sometimes it was a craft night some were movies,some were games but i never thought to put it all together.Then after so many times the kids I guess felt let down that this other family would always cancel out of the trip last minute so we just stopped doing them,but I'm going to start them again just for us.So thanks for the inspiration
Go for it Cheeky! These are so much fun to keep the magic alive between trips! I have a word documen with my movie night ideas I can email to you if you want. Just PM me your email address. I also have a Movie Nights board on Pinterest if you are interested. We invite friends, but my kids know that's just a "bonus" from time to time. They know these movie nights are about OUR FAMILY and our Disney love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
Those honey chicken kabobs looks great and I'm going to try them. Did you cook the chicken longer than the vegetables?I never have much luck with kabobs b/c I burn the veg.
Nope, we cooked everything together. Brian just kept turning them on the grill to get everything to cook evenly. As you can see from the pictures, the peppers got a lilttle charred, but we still liked them just fine. They were delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Everything looks amazing!!!

The kabobs - NUMMY!!!!

Oooh - and Toy Story!!! One of my favorites!

I hope everyone is feeling better now. (((Hugs)))

D~
Brian took the sickies to the Dr. this morning...it is all allergy and asthma related. they both have to take breathing treatments, and Jillian was prescribed an inhaler. They have had a great day off with Daddy today though...having an Indiana Jones movie marathon!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #432
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited lol I just sent u my e-mail

Old 10-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #433
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Can I just take this time to point out my ticker? ONE YEAR 'til we go back to Disney!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #434
DMGeurts

Whoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didja see mine???

We'll be there at the same time (again)!!!! Incase you didn't realize...

D~
Old 10-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #435
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can I just take this time to point out my ticker? ONE YEAR 'til we go back to Disney!!!!!!
I'm just gonna take a minute to bask in your glory since I haven't created my ticker yet Maybe I should do that so I can see the one year mark too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: