Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
Sallimander
Earning My Ears

Remembering a good friend and fellow Disney addict...

Last month a good friend whom I have known since 8th grade died unexpectedly at the young age of 35 She was a wonderful, caring person who was really looking forward to her Christmas trip in December & running her first half Marathon Disney style in January. It saddens me she didn't get to see the Fantasy land expansion completed or have one last Dole Whip. My husband and I are headed to WDW next week for an adult vacation (and yes I am feeling guilty our son is staying with grandma) but I want to find a way to remember my friend while we are down there. I plan on having a Lapu Lapu (she first told me about that drink!) but what other ideas do you all have to help celebrate the life of a dear friend that just left subway too soon?
Sallimander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
Sallimander
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallimander
Last month a good friend whom I have known since 8th grade died unexpectedly at the young age of 35 She was a wonderful, caring person who was really looking forward to her Christmas trip in December & running her first half Marathon Disney style in January. It saddens me she didn't get to see the Fantasy land expansion completed or have one last Dole Whip. My husband and I are headed to WDW next week for an adult vacation (and yes I am feeling guilty our son is staying with grandma) but I want to find a way to remember my friend while we are down there. I plan on having a Lapu Lapu (she first told me about that drink!) but what other ideas do you all have to help celebrate the life of a dear friend that just left subway too soon?
Oops--I meant who left us way too soon! (Stupid auto correct!!)
Sallimander is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
jeanico2000
Mouseketeer

Carry her memory in your heart when you go!
Sorry for your loss!
Nicole
jeanico2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

I'm so sorry for your loss!

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

LittleMissMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

Maybe make a donation to the make a wish Resort there at Disney(not sure what they call where they stay) so some child can see Disney before it is too late for them?

Buy a special Christmas tree ornament while there that you can put on your tree every year to remember her by, especially since it was to be a Christmas trip.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: