Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 05:33 AM   #16
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutsss View Post
Ah the dilemma.

i am at the point where i am going to just write my number on her stomach with a marker or pen! lol
I had to do that one day! DD is 5 and just wore an information card in her lanyard. One day we forgot to put it on, so I grabbed the sharpie we use for signing autograph books and wrote my number on her arm!

lmbcdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:57 AM   #17
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

In 2006 & 2007, when my older two were much, much younger, I used dog tags. I ordered them on eBay for about $5 each (with free shipping). They each got to pick a design they wanted (Superman & Tinkerbell) and I put about 4 lines of info on it (mom & dad's names, our cells).

Now, as another safety measure, our kids are not allowed to give out their full & complete names until it's time to verify who they are being released to. All my kids have two middle names, one of which we keep "secret". It's an added safety measure we came up with if we ever get separted.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 06:15 AM   #18
Q-man
DIS Veteran

^^^

The print your own dog tags at either Walmart or Petsmart is what we used to do when the kids were little. Then we put them on their shoe laces.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #19
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

^^^

We're ordering tags that would normally attach to a dog's collar. I'm attaching it to their shoes.

We aren't doing a water park, so I feel confident in this method. As far as swimming, I wouldn't take my eyes off of them while they are swimming.

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Happyjen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:36 AM   #20
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

No, I meant like Marine dog tags. Sorry, maybe I should have explained myself better. I'm from a military family and it's the first thing I thought of years ago when my child might get separated for me.

Hope that clears things up.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #21
pugtails66
Earning My Ears

I used these when my kids were younger:

http://www.whosshoesid.com/
pugtails66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #22
disneynutsss
I'm a Disney Nut!

wow love all the ideas! and especially the creative ones that i can get done before my trip!

hmmmm, i think a trip to my local petsmart is in order this week lol!!
2005 Vacation Home.....2006 ASMovies.....2008 Off Site Seralago..........2009 ASMovies.....2010 Hard Rock Hotel.....2010 ASSports

NEXT TRIP October 17, 2012!! LM at AoA!!
1103.44 MILES FROM "HOME"

disneynutsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #23
pfalcioni
If we're not Riding, we're Disney Dreaming!

For crafty folks, the Shrinky Dink tags are fun and easy, I did a how-to on them a few months ago here: http://pjguides.wordpress.com/creati...shrinky-dinks/

We use them on everything from backpacks to shoes.
pfalcioni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #24
perdidochas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by casieleigh View Post
I really love the safety tattoos for kids, but I'm not sure I want to spend $40 on them (2 kids that I'd be buying for) We will have 3 kids and 8 adults in our party, so more than enough help watching them, but I want to ID them somehow just in case. What is your favorite way to ID kids w/ a phone number or two in a less expensive way?

Sharpie on the arm.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #25
2binak
DVC Owner

We use silicone braclets with our cellphone # engraved on them.

11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT, 11/14 SSR
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #26
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2binak View Post
We use silicone braclets with our cellphone # engraved on them.
We do the same thing. We have used them for 3 different Disney trips and several other events outside of Disney so they have more than paid for themselves.

Having just come back from a Disney trip I personally encountered 7 lost children the week we were there. Only one knew his parents number and he did not know the area code. None of the rest had any idea how to get a hold of their parents. All were hysterical. If you do nothing else atleast write your number on the child with a sharpie.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #27
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

I have bracelets from vitalids.com. There are two different sets depending on the age of the child. One set is for toddlers, the other for ages 3 to 9.

I have one from each set because I traveled with a 2 year-old and a 9 year-old. They are both waterproof. The one for the older child is easier to remove and they send extra cards for you to change your information over time. The information card isnít visible. You have to remove the bracelet and the information is on a card inside an opening in it. Dd picked the purple one. I also wrote on there where we were staying.

The toddler one has the information on the side that doesnít show when it is being worn. On the visible side there is a message on it that says, ďIf Iím lost look under my braceletĒ and the information is visible if you just turn it over.

I just told dd that if we were separated, to find a CM (and we talked about how to identify one) and give them the bracelet so they could call me. Dd and I were separated one day in Epcot. When I found her, she was handing a CM her bracelet.

http://www.vitalids.com/Child-Safety...ds-childid.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
Having just come back from a Disney trip I personally encountered 7 lost children the week we were there. Only one knew his parents number and he did not know the area code. None of the rest had any idea how to get a hold of their parents. All were hysterical. If you do nothing else atleast write your number on the child with a sharpie.
And just wanted to highlight this. It is good for them to have something. When my dd is nervous she will easily forget the number or mix it up with our home phone. While our situation didnít go as far as me getting the call, dd said she didnít even get scared because she had that bracelet. The CM was also happy.

She said "I'm really impressed. Youíd be surprised how many children we deal with and have no way of contacting the adult. The child doesnít have anything on them or they canít remember the phone number."

Oct. 2011: Fall Break at Sea World and Magic Kingdom
TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2827406
June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: