Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
tigger30066
Mouseketeer

Newbie Question

Alright so I have decided to come to the dark side. I am planning on taking my niece (16) and nephew (12) to Universal. I have gone to Disney at least 10 times but only to Universal once in 2000. The kids have never been. We are planning on coming down on Thursday and going to the parks on friday and Saturday and going home on Sunday. We are looking at December 5-8 2013. Is the express pass necessary or are the lines manageable with a good plan? I don't mind paying the money to stay on property if the express pass is necessary, but if it is not I would rather spend the money on something else. We will not have to time to swim and a bed is a bed to me( within in reason of course) Can anyone give me some tips?

Thanks
Becky
tigger30066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
Batesl49
Earning My Ears

Newbie Question

Hi Becky,
Welcome to the dark side, you will not be disappointed. I was there last year the first week of December and the parks were fine as far as crowds go. I always did the major rides first thing which enabled me to get right back in line and ride again. Most time spent in line was about 20 minutes as the days wore on. Check Universal's site for the Grinch Christmas and the parade times so you can plan to attend or plan your time around them. The crowds do line up for the parade which is in Studios, if you aren't interested in the parade that would be a good time to experience WWHP in the evening. Many readers will be posting to help you along.
I will be there Nov. 27 - Dec 7, 3rd trip since WWHP opened.

Laurie
Batesl49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger30066 View Post
Alright so I have decided to come to the dark side. I am planning on taking my niece (16) and nephew (12) to Universal. I have gone to Disney at least 10 times but only to Universal once in 2000. The kids have never been. We are planning on coming down on Thursday and going to the parks on friday and Saturday and going home on Sunday. We are looking at December 5-8 2013. Is the express pass necessary or are the lines manageable with a good plan? I don't mind paying the money to stay on property if the express pass is necessary, but if it is not I would rather spend the money on something else. We will not have to time to swim and a bed is a bed to me( within in reason of course) Can anyone give me some tips?
Express will not be needed during early December so you can save money and stay offsite. Also...December 1st will be the start of Christmas festivities with Grinchmas and the Macy's holiday parade at the Studios. You guys should have a great time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: