Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
higcat
Earning My Ears

California Yellow Ca

Hi, there are 4 of us arriving at SNA on November 9. I just found a coupon for $5 off a taxi ride with California Yellow Cabs, unfortunately I don't know anything about this company. Has anyone used them? And what is a normal cab fare between SNA and a South Harbor Blvd hotel? Thank you all very much.
higcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
furb & dez
City Bear Jamboreers

I would look for other options. Most cities in California are not known to be cab-friendly. Most Californians have their own cars. I personally have only ridden in a taxi in California in San Francisco... none of the other cities are set up for real cab service (other than a call service).
Our first trip to WDW! Had fun, a bit disappointed in the lack of things to keep us busy. Next trip: eh, 5 years perhaps? Don't understand the psychosis of wasting time trying to meet actors in fursuits or princess costumes, but, wev...
furb & dez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
JeannieNM
DIS Veteran

Yellow cab is the main airport can company. There is a dispatcher when you exit the airport. I've taken cabs all over LA area. You can look them up online if you want.
JeannieNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
higcat
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
wannagoback
Broke them in before the trip
We were with Goofy and Donald on the Teacups ride

There's a flat fee for one direction of that route but I don't remember if it's to or from the airport. I've not taken a cab from SNA but I have from LGB and the process seemed quite simple to me, a small-town girl who had never been in a cab before. They're waiting outside of the airport and them you can just call to get one to pick you up at the hotel. As far as I could tell, Yellow Cab Company was all over the place. I thought it was way better than sharing a shuttle with strangers!
wannagoback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #6
nikkislaght
DIS Veteran

I have used the Van taxi and it cost $45. plus tip for 6 people... so I would think that a reg cab would be either the same or a little bit cheaper for 3.

The cabs were just lined up outside on the right of the crossing... hope this helps a bit.
nikkislaght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #7
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by furb & dez View Post
I would look for other options. Most cities in California are not known to be cab-friendly. Most Californians have their own cars. I personally have only ridden in a taxi in California in San Francisco... none of the other cities are set up for real cab service (other than a call service).
I have to disagree immensely. I'm in San Diego and I take cabs all the time, either to the airport when I'm going out of town, or to Downtown or Pacific Beach if I know I'm going to be drinking and don't want to worry about transportation after. I've never had anything but positive experiences, and I've been in at least 50 cabs here if not more.
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #8
Geemo
DIS Veteran

We used Yellow Cab for our last few visits. They have been GREAT! The last cab driver has been the best of all. I asked if he ever scheduled trips? He said yes, I asked for his card.

I will call him to make all of our transportation needs for our next trip. His rates were a "Flat Rate" so there were no $$ surprises when we reached our destination. I think the flat rate "Hotel to SNA" was around $40 Feb 2012.

I'm a VERY nervous rider..... His driving was smooth. My grandkids even noticed I hasn't in a panic with his driving.

We have also used a couple of the shuttle services. They were fine too. But they were a few more $$$ than the Flat rate $$ of cabs.

Geemo
Old 10-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #9
nbliss
Mouseketeer

We used them on our trip last year. Cost was about $35 each way. No complaints here. We had two adults and two kids.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #10
higcat
Earning My Ears

Thank you everyone for your comments, very reassuring. So excited!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: