Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

The New Fantasyland: What are You Looking Forward to the Most?

With the dates for the AP preview announced and the official opening just around the corner, I got to thinking that the new Fantasyland has so much to offer so many people. What are you looking forward to the most?

I think, for me, it has to be the new Be Our Guest restaurant. Despite the recent controversy, the concept of this interactive eatery has me intrigued. I'm looking forward to the "show" the most and am excited to see how they pull it off.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I agree! We'll be there in March and that is on the MUST do list!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
dakotix
Mouseketeer

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. We're going in Jan though so it wont be open yet But that will just make us want to come back in 2014!
1978 - DL Blue Stroller!1982 - Intl. Drive1984 - Intl. Drive1986 - Intl. Drive1988 - Intl. Drive1992 - Intl. Drive1994 - Port Orleans1996 - Port Orleans2000 - Port Orleans/ Contemporary2002 All Star2006 - DTD 2013 - Pop/ Coronado Springs2014 - Coronado Springs
dakotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
KristEn87
I WILL be twirling around in a circle singing "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!" Bonjour!

Just look at my tag! With out a doubt I'm looking forward to all of the Beauty and the Beast themed stuff. It is my favorite princess movie and may be my favorite Disney movie of all time.

99 days and counting till I'll be there!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
WDsMouse
Disney Fan

Belle!

Even though the Little Mermaid is my favorite Disney movie, I'm looking forward to Enchanted Tales with Belle the most! From what I've seen, it looks amazing! My DD4 is the perfect age for magic, pixie dust and princesses, so I'm looking forward to sharing this experience with her.

Prince Eric's castle looks amazing, but somehow I'm not that intrigued by the new dark ride. Perhaps I will be pleasantly surprised... I'm sure it will be good, but I think the interactive nature of Belle is more exciting to me.

Can't wait for the walls to come down!!
WDsMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I guess I'm not sure what in particular I'm most looking forward to. Its not like we have young children so most of the "kiddie" attractions don't hold much for us. I guess I'm just looking forward to seeing a brand new land.

OTOH, Val is looking forward to getting a glass of wine in the MK.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

The new Ariel dark ride! The Little Mermaid is my favorite movie and Ariel is my favorite princess. I've been waiting for this ride for a long time lol!

I'm also excited to see/eat at the new BoG restaurant. I think it will be divine!
*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

DH (25) ME (25) Our furbabies Nani Shadow Penny
redheadedmermaid73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Seeing a new land- I can't wait to see how they have made this "new" section look like it has been there forever (and that is what I am hearing)!

But, most of all- I am looking forward to seeing our son at Enchanted Tales with Belle! He is one of the Opening Team Cast Members who works inside the library and helps introduce the show/gets the characters where they belong on cue.
If you go and see a young man named Nick from NJ- tell him "hi" from Mom & Dad!

I am also excited to see the Ariel dark ride! And, we do have ADRs for Be Our Guest after the PCC4.0.

wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
AndyPok1
Back in MCO!
To answer the other question, getting along is boring
I like tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
I guess I'm not sure what in particular I'm most looking forward to. Its not like we have young children so most of the "kiddie" attractions don't hold much for us. I guess I'm just looking forward to seeing a brand new land.

OTOH, Val is looking forward to getting a glass of wine in the MK.
This exactly. Just looking forward to seeing what the Imagineers did with unused space. The actual attractions I'm somewhat indifferent about.
AndyPok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #10
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

The restaurant first and Voyage of the Little Mermaid 2nd.

Bring on the new food!

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #11
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics

Excited

I'm just super excited about going into the theme parks again at WDW - its 4 years since we visited the parks

paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #12
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads

I'm excited about it all. It is fun to have new things to see. My favorite movie has to be Beauty and the Beast so looking forward to seeing Maurice's cottage, Gaston's pub and eating at BOG quick serve (wasn't able to get ADR for dinner...so sad!) I'm going on Dec 12th...woohoo!
Alexsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
Anonny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post

I think, for me, it has to be the new Be Our Guest restaurant. Despite the recent controversy, the concept of this interactive eatery has me intrigued. I'm looking forward to the "show" the most and am excited to see how they pull it off.
The BOG restaurant has a show?
What is the recent controversy? (Oh, the alcohol?)
I like the menu and am looking forward to eating there for lunch and dinner?

I will be thrilled with the overall theming of both the castle area and the circus.
Anonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
Lumiere Lover
You can sleep after we leave WDW..

Be Our Guest restaurant! I can't wait to eat dinner there on 12/11/12! I wish I could eat there 12/12/12, but I didn't want to take two reservations for the same restaurant!!

I am also hoping for some very spectacular souvenirs related to Beauty and The Beast.

I will confess, I plan on having a glass of wine from the Lasseter Family Vineyard also!!

June 2014-1st Disneyland trip, December 2012 POFQ-Excited we were there 12-12-12! September 2010 POFQ, Dec 2008 PC, Wonder, CBR, Aug 2008 Swan, Dec 2006 POR, Aug 2005 Gaylord Palms, Feb 2005 CBR, FEB 2002 AS Movies, Apr 1989 Offsite, Apr 1976 Offsite
Lumiere Lover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasyland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: