Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #91
lorib0303
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for taking the time to post these! They will be a big help!

Lori
lorib0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #92
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I see they never shrunk in size...so weird. I'll go play with photobucket again and see if I can get them smaller.
In the mean time...I did start my TR if anyone is interested. I'm not very far into it yet, but I do have lots of pictures.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002322
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #94
collectoraholic
Is it time to sail yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressmom View Post
Approximately when did the family of the day board? I am trying to figure out when we should plan on arriving. How long did it take to get through security?
If I remember correctly, and I didn't really look at a watch, I *think* the FotD was called to board about 11:45. Could have been a bit earlier though.

There were 3 or 4 security lines and it took us about 5-10 minutes or so to get thru ours and there were only a few ppl. in front of us. We were sent to the *slow* line, as the screener telling the people what to remove and put in bins was very diligent. Ours worked our line just like the airport. They wanted laptops and iPads out of their bags and put into screening bins. They were basically like going thru @ the airport vs. how it is when we go thru @ Port Canaveral. They even made an older lady throw out her water that she had in a travel mug! After seeing that, my DH started to worry that they were going to give us grief about taking on beer and bottled water, but thankfully they did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
I think the schedule scrambles a bit for the holiday
Yeah, I'm thinking for the weeks when it is a holiday sailing, they're moving Pirate Night to Wednesday night instead of Tuesday night. It was Tuesday night (Grand Cayman) for this cruise, but when I've asked about it for the Thanksgiving cruise, I've been told it is Wednesday night (Costa Maya). Also another consideration (which I've only thought about, but haven't check into) could be the weeks that the Magic might be in port @ Grand Cayman the same day as the Fantasy, maybe their opting to do Pirate Night on Wednesday so not to compete w/ Pirate Night for the Fantasy in case the ships could still be w/i viewing distance of one another that night. Who knows...just a thought. Now I'm going to have to look & see if my theory could possibly be correct. LOL!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #95
cheesehead3
Earning My Ears

Yeah, I'm thinking for the weeks when it is a holiday sailing, they're moving Pirate Night to Wednesday night instead of Tuesday night. It was Tuesday night (Grand Cayman) for this cruise, but when I've asked about it for the Thanksgiving cruise, I've been told it is Wednesday night (Costa Maya). Also another consideration (which I've only thought about, but haven't check into) could be the weeks that the Magic might be in port @ Grand Cayman the same day as the Fantasy, maybe their opting to do Pirate Night on Wednesday so not to compete w/ Pirate Night for the Fantasy in case the ships could still be w/i viewing distance of one another that night. Who knows...just a thought. Now I'm going to have to look & see if my theory could possibly be correct. LOL![/QUOTE]

I received this from DCL concerning the cruise on the 21st.

On the 8-night Western Caribbean Christmas cruise out of Galveston:
*Nights 1, 3, 4, & 8: cruise casual
*Night 2: "formal night" - formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for
women: gown or dress
*Nights 5 & 7: "semi-formal night" - semi-formal wear for men:
suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.
*Night 6: pirate night with deck party - cruise casual or bring your best pirate outfit!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #96
collectoraholic
Is it time to sail yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead3 View Post
I received this from DCL concerning the cruise on the 21st.

*Night 6: pirate night with deck party - cruise casual or bring your best pirate outfit!
Interesting. Guess they're doing it different for the 8-Night Christmas cruise vs. the 7-Night Thanksgiving cruise (and I'd assume the 7-nt. NYE cruise).
Old 10-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #97
luv that cruise
Someone give me instructions as if i were a first grader!

Cheesehead3 received this from DCL concerning the cruise on the 21st.

*Night 6: pirate night with deck party - cruise casual or bring your best pirate outfit![/QUOTE]

I'm in a royal suite for the thanksgiving cruise & DCL won't tell me anything. We have palo for the 4th night so when i saw last weeks navigators and that was pirate night I contacted shoreside. We don't want to miss pirate night. The response was that things were subject to change but shoreside isn't informed of these changes.

Last edited by luv that cruise; 10-05-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: quote messed up
luv that cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #98
luv that cruise
Someone give me instructions as if i were a first grader!

My previous post messed up what I was trying to quote. This is a better way to phrase it.

I tried to quote cheesehead 3 but i must have done something wrong. So i'm editing. They are on the 12/21 Christmas cruise and were told by DCL how the themed days would be different for their holiday cruise.

About a month ago shoreside concierge told us pirate night was on night 5 for our thanksgiving cruise so we booked palo on night 4. So when the first weeks Navigators show the 4th night as pirate night, I contacted shoreside to double check. I was told that the holidays can alter the theme nights but that shoreside is not told of these changes in advance. Hmmm.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: