Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #151
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Sorry, I have several questions:

1. If it turns out that tickets cannot be used by the same two people (in our case the retiree and spouse) back to back for an 8 day trip, are the Stars and Stripes tickets still available? The SOG website show them, but I wasn't sure if it was accurate.

2. Are all military discounted tickets paper tickets? I believe so based on what I've read in the earlier posts, but wondered if there are any military tickets that can be tied to the KTTW. I know it is minor, but for some reason I hate paper tickets.

3. If booking two rooms for the same period with the discount, can they be at different resorts? We're thinking of bartering with my DSS (25) and his girlfriend that we'll pay for their trip if they play nanny for some of our stay to our baby daughter (10 months right now) on our next trip
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #152
Steve TLT
Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
Sorry, I have several questions:

1. If it turns out that tickets cannot be used by the same two people (in our case the retiree and spouse) back to back for an 8 day trip, are the Stars and Stripes tickets still available? The SOG website show them, but I wasn't sure if it was accurate.

2. Are all military discounted tickets paper tickets? I believe so based on what I've read in the earlier posts, but wondered if there are any military tickets that can be tied to the KTTW. I know it is minor, but for some reason I hate paper tickets.

3. If booking two rooms for the same period with the discount, can they be at different resorts? We're thinking of bartering with my DSS (25) and his girlfriend that we'll pay for their trip if they play nanny for some of our stay to our baby daughter (10 months right now) on our next trip
Hi,

Shades does still sell the Stars and Stripes passes but they are considered a "length of stay" pass and are supposed to be for the number of nights of your on property stay. The might sell you less days but I'm not sure. You can also buy the slightly (4%-8% off) discounted Magic Your Way tickets at SoG. Give their ticket number a call (407) 824-1403, you might have to leave a voicemail and get a call back.

The Armed Forces Salute tickets you buy at base ITT Offices and SoG are really nice plastic tickets with the AFS logo. The AFS tickets at a Disney ticket booth are paper. There is no way to combine the AFS tickets with your room key though. Apples and Oranges.

And on the rooms there are no rules other that being eligible and a max of 3 including yours. You can have many stays at many resorts throughout the offer period. I do this every year.

Hope this helps,

Steve

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Steve TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #153
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve TLT View Post
Hi,

Shades does still sell the Stars and Stripes passes but they are considered a "length of stay" pass and are supposed to be for the number of nights of your on property stay. The might sell you less days but I'm not sure. You can also buy the slightly (4%-8% off) discounted Magic Your Way tickets at SoG. Give their ticket number a call (407) 824-1403, you might have to leave a voicemail and get a call back.

The Armed Forces Salute tickets you buy at base ITT Offices and SoG are really nice plastic tickets with the AFS logo. The AFS tickets at a Disney ticket booth are paper. There is no way to combine the AFS tickets with your room key though. Apples and Oranges.

And on the rooms there are no rules other that being eligible and a max of 3 including yours. You can have many stays at many resorts throughout the offer period. I do this every year.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Perfect! Thanks for the info. If we can't use back to back tickets on the special, we may just do the length of stay for ease and incur the increase.
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #154
mckryan
DIS Veteran

May I ask some questions about the new Military Salute tickets? I am confused about some things, compared to previous years, and was hoping to get some clarification.

We are going to WDW from 9/29-10/7.

1. Do you have to buy all 6 tickets at one time? Military member will be present during this trip, otherwise I know it would only be 5.

2. Do you have to wait 7 days between using each ticket? If DH uses one 4 day ticket, does he have to wait 7 days before he can use another 4 day ticket? I had read this on the military tips blog, but I did not see this on the official Military Salute info page.

3. Can I buy tickets for friends going in December and activate them when we are there in October? Or, do the friends need to be present when they are activated? It wouldn't break my heart to have to come back in December to activate their tickets!

Thanks so much!
mckryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #155
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

The answer to all three is no one really knows until they start selling them. It appears that you can buy them on different occasions, and in the past, everyone has not needed to be there to activate the tickets. It also seems like you can't piggyback two tickets without a 7 day break between them. Unfortunately, in the past, there's been a disconnect between what the rules say and what actually happens at the gate. Some people will tell you it's wrong to buy tickets for your friends to use when you're not there, but I won't lol.
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #156
mckryan
DIS Veteran

We've been able to do back-to-back in the past, and that, along with the buy all at one time (or you only get to purchase tickets once during the promotion, whether you buy 6 or not), are the two things that are really confusing me. I'm hoping Cheshire Figment can answer these for me. As to the 3rd one - like I said, it wouldn't kill me to have to go back and activate the tickets for them! LOL
mckryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #157
IrishTink
I do believe in faeries, I do, I do!
Wow i didn't realize how excited i am

Here's something I hope we can get help with. My DH is eligible to buy six tickets. Our travel party will consist of our immediate family (4 incl DH), my SIL and her son, and a 7th person -- son's girlfriend, whose mother is active duty military but can't join us. If her mom bought 1 ticket from MWR, would they let her activate @ WDW, since my huband will be there with us to show his ID? (She probably won't be able to go with us if she can't use the Military Salute ticket. )
IrishTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #158
Steve TLT
Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishTink View Post
Here's something I hope we can get help with. My DH is eligible to buy six tickets. Our travel party will consist of our immediate family (4 incl DH), my SIL and her son, and a 7th person -- son's girlfriend, whose mother is active duty military but can't join us. If her mom bought 1 ticket from MWR, would they let her activate @ WDW, since my huband will be there with us to show his ID? (She probably won't be able to go with us if she can't use the Military Salute ticket. )
Hi IrishTink, Since only one active military member will be there you will only be allowed a total of 6 active tickets (I'm assuming you are going after 1 Oct.).

Your Son's girlfriend's mother would have to be there in person to use her discounts.

But you can still save a little by buying the slightly (4%-5% off depending on length and options) military discounted Magic Your Way tickets from a base ticket office or Shades of Green.

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Steve TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #159
IrishTink
I do believe in faeries, I do, I do!
Wow i didn't realize how excited i am

Thanks for the info, Steve. Golly, that is such a shame as there's no way her mom can join us. Maybe we can all chip in a bit for the money over and above the price of the Military ticket to help make it happen for her.
IrishTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #160
Sitterfam
Earning My Ears

I have a silly question! We'll be using the tickets in June and thinking about adding the wp&m for the first time. If we did, does that mean we would get 4 days in the parks and 2 days at the waterparks giving us a total of 6 days of activities?

TIA!
Sitterfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #161
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitterfam View Post
I have a silly question! We'll be using the tickets in June and thinking about adding the wp&m for the first time. If we did, does that mean we would get 4 days in the parks and 2 days at the waterparks giving us a total of 6 days of activities?

TIA!
What is means is that you would get 4 major park (MK, EP, DHS, & AK) entries and 4 minor park (BB, TL, DQ) entires or 8 days of activities.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #162
Sitterfam
Earning My Ears

Oh that's even better!! I was scared we would have to fit everything into 4 days!!! So 8 days of activites is even better!!!! Thank you for your quick reply!
Sitterfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #163
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

This is a "canned" response modified for the Armed Forces Salute 2012/2013 tickets with the assumption you have both the Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More (WPF&M) options.

Hopefully this will make it a little clearer. In effect you have two tickets with different privileges on one card. Everything expires at Midnight on Sunday September 28, 2013. Even if you use up all your major park days, the WPF&M entries remain valid until used or 9/28/13. (Note you do not have to use the days consecutively.)

You have four days of access to the four major parks (AK, DHS, EC, MK), and may visit more than one major park on a single day without any extra charges. Without the Park Hopper option you can only go to one major park per day.

You have four entries to the minor parks (BB, DQ, OT, TL, WWS, FG, W-SL). These may or may not be used on the same days as you go to the major parks. However, if you went to TL in the morning, Oak Trail in the afternoon, and Disney Quest in the evening of one day you would have used three of the four entries. (Note that leaving and returning to the same minor park on the same day does not use an extra entry.)

If you go to minor parks only on one day and do not go to a major park you do not use up one of your major park days.

If you were to go to a Water Park in the morning and then one of the major parks for the remainder of the day you would have used one minor park entry and one day of major park entry.

Note that with the ticket unless you have the hopper option you can only go to one major park per day. Unless you have the WPF&M option you cannot go to a minor park without upgrading or purchasing a separate ticket.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #164
twodogs
Mouseketeer

Post your military room discount success!

Just created a thread to post your military room discount finds/success stories here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2991776

Please post there if you've been able to secure a discounted room via the military rate for 2013!
twodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #165
ehlana98
Mouseketeer

I might have overlooked the answer.

Can you buy only the number of tickets you need? We know will only need two or four depending on if we can use them with only a couple of day break for the year? DH is getting out of the service so we want to go one more time before he does. Also what is active guard or reserve?
ehlana98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: