Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #496
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Shushh - Your trip is sounding great, and I'm sure everything will start coming together. I feel like this holiday I have spent so long impatiently wanting time to speed up and then all of a sudden I want it to slow down! I think that means the holiday is close

I would love to know what excursions you are doing? Egypt is on my list of 'must dos' and I think going via a cruise would be a great way to see it

Received my notification that my photo pass+ has been shipped!

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:20 AM   #497
Franrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
CFranrose, that's exciting news! If you're early December then you might see us there next year! Nothing wrong repeating the same trip if it's what you love and want to do. There are many people who visit the same place every year!

Maybe we can start a Dec 2013 thread....
Good idea!!

I see you've done the world both in Dec & in Sept, I'm really nervous Dec will be much busier than September. How did you find it in reality?

I think we're looking fairly early, it's all flexible at this stage while we figure dates out!

Franrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 05:05 AM   #498
Luisa
Mouseketeer

Ok Nov/Dec people, little help please? I've only been to WDW once and it was very much a day-by-day trip with no planning on where I would go each day. This time I'm being a bit more organised and have worked out which parks on which days, made a couple of ADRs and will book the new EPCOT Segway tour. What I would like help with is opinions on resorts to visit to see their Christmas displays. I've seen the Grand Floridian and Board Walk but I'd like to take a break each day and visit a different resort. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - both coasts!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #499
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
Ok Nov/Dec people, little help please? I've only been to WDW once and it was very much a day-by-day trip with no planning on where I would go each day. This time I'm being a bit more organised and have worked out which parks on which days, made a couple of ADRs and will book the new EPCOT Segway tour. What I would like help with is opinions on resorts to visit to see their Christmas displays. I've seen the Grand Floridian and Board Walk but I'd like to take a break each day and visit a different resort. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

For the Segway I would suggest the Fort Wilderness tour, the Christmas decorations on the RV and camp sites are unbelievable and it takes you up to Wilderness Lodge. We always get the 11.30 Segway but you would need to allow plenty of time to get there. The tour starts from the Bike barn or the midway point for Fort Wilderness.

If you have already seen the GF and BW I would visit the Yacht & Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge.

Are you staying over Christmas week?
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:25 AM   #500
Luisa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinA

For the Segway I would suggest the Fort Wilderness tour, the Christmas decorations on the RV and camp sites are unbelievable and it takes you up to Wilderness Lodge. We always get the 11.30 Segway but you would need to allow plenty of time to get there. The tour starts from the Bike barn or the midway point for Fort Wilderness.

If you have already seen the GF and BW I would visit the Yacht & Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge.

Are you staying over Christmas week?
Thanks for that, I'm only there 12th to 16th so don't think I'll have time for Fort Wilderness segway tour this trip - will keep it in mind for next time. I thought the Epcot one would be good as I could do it the morning of my Epcot day. Your resort suggestions look great, will add them to my plans.
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - both coasts!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #501
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
Thanks for that, I'm only there 12th to 16th so don't think I'll have time for Fort Wilderness segway tour this trip - will keep it in mind for next time. I thought the Epcot one would be good as I could do it the morning of my Epcot day. Your resort suggestions look great, will add them to my plans.
Yacht and Beach Club you could exit from Epcot by the International Gateway, Wilderness Lodge you could catch the boat from Magic Kingdom.

Epcot tour would fit in well if you are there for the day.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #502
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Thanks for asking Luisa - it's something I had been thinking about too And I think resort hopping is a great idea for an afternoon break.

Well in one month I will be arriving at the airport! Our flight is at 10am, we are going to park in long term parking (outside the airport, thinking Andrews but would love suggestions if anyone has them) and we will have breaky once we are checked in.

We are going to tell the girls this Sunday! I can't wait

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
Old 10-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #503
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

On our past 2 trips I have done a treasure hunt type thing to tell the kids we were going on a trip. This time they have known about the trip the whole time but my son still asked me if I was planning a treasure hunt for them

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:00 AM   #504
AussiePossum
Disneyland 2009 & Disney Paris 2012

Hi Everyone..

You guys must be getting very excited about your upcoming trip. Just thought that I would drop in and let you know how things are going.. As you know I was supposed to go in 20 days but had to cancel (DH was retrenched) so when I got the money back from the trip I took my mum to France instead and yes we did go to Paris Disney for the day. Can I say that it was nothing like Disneyland! A little disappointed that there were so many cigarette butts all over the place. They didn't open till 10am and were closed at 7pm and so many rides were closed due to "technical difficulties". I still enjoyed being there but it was hard not to compare.

I'm happy to say that WDW is back on the agenda but not till January 2014 So in the mean time I will have to read about your adventures and keep notes about any tips and suggestions.

Has anyone been to Hawaii and the new Aulani resort??? I'll be there in 6 months so is there any tips that I need to know?

Poss..
Old 10-02-2012, 04:20 AM   #505
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussiePossum View Post
Hi Everyone..

Has anyone been to Hawaii and the new Aulani resort??? I'll be there in 6 months so is there any tips that I need to know?

Poss..
Have been to Aulani and loved it!

The only suggestion is if you get a taxi to and from the resort. From the airport we caught one from there to Aulani. To return to the airport Disney use a specific taxi service, they have a set price deal and you need to book at the bell desk, the taxis most likely come from the city to collect you.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #506
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Pulling up a pew on this thread.

My travel dates?

Nov 1 - 9, arriving home Nov 11.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post46324918

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #507
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Welcome aboard! All the fun without the waiting

Old 10-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #508
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Pulling up a pew on this thread.

My travel dates?

Nov 1 - 9, arriving home Nov 11.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post46324918

Woohoo, that is very exciting news for you. A bit sad to have to leave DS behind but it's only a quick trip, he's safe in his GP's arms. It will be a different experience for you, travelling over alone with 2 days to yourself. I'm really excited for you.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:53 AM   #509
baf65
Mouseketeer

one month today until we depart australia on our way to WDW, but wont actually be in MK until 5 weeks from today!
getting excited!!!
baf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #510
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
Woohoo, that is very exciting news for you. A bit sad to have to leave DS behind but it's only a quick trip, he's safe in his GP's arms. It will be a different experience for you, travelling over alone with 2 days to yourself. I'm really excited for you.

Thanks. This will be the second time we've left DS with the olds. He's already planning the party!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: