Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #106
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snubie View Post
Yes, sorry, I meant East depot. Is there a chance that in Jan the bus will be full once it gets to the East Depot? Should we just plan on walking to the South Depot/Main bldg to get the bus in the AM?
If you are there when it is not as busy, you should have no trouble getting a seat.

It is definately good on the way back to the resort.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #107
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by isk8 View Post
Thanks Venom and Andre for responding to my TV question!

I never thought of the PR nightmare Disney would have if 50 kids were squished by falling TVs one night.
Yeah no problem. That would be scary. Have a great trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #108
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snubie View Post
Is there a chance that in Jan the bus will be full once it gets to the East Depot?
There's always a chance, but it's not very likely in January. It depends on how long it's been since the last bus for that park came round when you arrive at the bus stop. But you'll only know when for sure you're there I'm afraid, we can only give you probable outcomes in advance.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #109
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dommiekazommie View Post
Hi

we just got back from POR (sadface, lol) in building 39 (room 3956) which i'd say is probably one of the furthest from the main building and it wasnt far at all! Took us maybe 5 mins to get to the foodcourt if that. It was just me and DF (both 25) so might be different with little kids, but was no issue at all for us! We went both ways, over the bridge to old man island and also around the lake past the pefered rooms to the back foodcourt enterance and found the way around the lake marginally quicker, but not much at all!
I would agree with this. We were there a couple of weeks ago and stayed in bldg 38. We have 4 kids and 2 were either being carried or in strollers. I didn't find the walk long at all to either the main building, the pool or the bus stop. We thought it was great and not near as bad as we'd read
Old 10-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #110
danicaca
Mouseketeer

ok, airfare is booked, having a little buyer's remorse, maybe we should have waited? Anyway, my real question is about the RGR's. Is is worth the extra cost to book anything but standard? I guess looking at the maps, standard would be at the back of the buildings (Oak or Parterre), garden would be middle, facing the courtyard, water would be facing the pools, and river would be the front of the buildings? Is there a map somewhere that shows which rooms are which category? Just trying to decide if we can save ourselves some money, and just hope for some pixie dust? We are a family of four, with no health issues, but we would like to be close to a bus stop and the main area for refilling mugs and the pool - as everyone else does! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #111
TeamBlack
Mouseketeer

We just returned, we book standard view. We were in Oak Manor, room #9214 It was on the parking lot side, but facing the courtyard, not the parking lot. I wish I was in Partere Place though, its closer to the bridge to refill mugs in the morning.
July 1984
Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #112
kenvan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dommiekazommie View Post
Hi

we just got back from POR (sadface, lol) in building 39 (room 3956) which i'd say is probably one of the furthest from the main building and it wasnt far at all! Took us maybe 5 mins to get to the foodcourt if that. It was just me and DF (both 25) so might be different with little kids, but was no issue at all for us! We went both ways, over the bridge to old man island and also around the lake past the pefered rooms to the back foodcourt enterance and found the way around the lake marginally quicker, but not much at all!
Were you guys in a standard view room? Was there a quiet pool close by?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #113
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

I would book garden view and request fountain view. That should put you in the inner courtyard of either building. I preferred the fountain and gardens of Parterre and the walk to the bridge was pretty equal to Oak. The other thing is that Parterre will be a little further from the quiet pool than Oak but not that bad of a walk.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #114
skippingthrudisney
Earning My Ears

I wanted a standard view but had to go with garden as that was the cheapest available. Closest bus access is my goal but I don't want a parking lot view with my higher price so I didn't request it. I'm tempted to request a room closest to the bridge as that got someone (I know not to expect the same) a river view. Are there exits on all sides of the manor buildings? I'm trying to think of shortcuts!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #115
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBlack View Post
We just returned, we book standard view. We were in Oak Manor, room #9214 It was on the parking lot side, but facing the courtyard, not the parking lot. I wish I was in Partere Place though, its closer to the bridge to refill mugs in the morning.
Parterre is closer to the bridge? It does not look that way on the map. Hmm. I was hoping to be in Oak to be closer... I am thinking we will book garden view. I am sure whatever we get will be wonderful, if not perfect!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #116
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

We were in the center of Parterre and it was a great location. Both Royal mansions have a pretty equal distance to the bridge unless you are on the far side of Parterre near POFQ. The map is deceiving.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:52 PM   #117
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
We were in the center of Parterre and it was a great location. Both Royal mansions have a pretty equal distance to the bridge unless you are on the far side of Parterre near POFQ. The map is deceiving.
good to know. Now I really wont be disappointed if we end up in Parterre - at least if it is not the far side! Now all I need is a great discount! Thanks for the info!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #118
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

How long do the nightly campfires last? Is it come and go as you please or is it better to be there from start to finish?
Thanks

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
Old 10-02-2012, 05:29 AM   #119
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicaca View Post
Parterre is closer to the bridge? It does not look that way on the map.
Some rooms in Parterre are closer to the main buildings than some rooms in Oak - but overall Oak is probably a closer choice (certainly if you want to be closer to the main pool too).

But if you happen to get a River View room in the northern wing of Parterre, you're just about as close as you can get to the main building apart from Alligator Bayou #14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
How long do the nightly campfires last? Is it come and go as you please or is it better to be there from start to finish?
It's on for a couple of hours normally, just pop along for a bit once the evening has gone properly dark would be my advice.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-02-2012, 06:22 AM   #120
Stupid_Judy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
Thanks
[QUOTE=andrewilley;46324479

It's on for a couple of hours normally, just pop along for a bit once the evening has gone properly dark would be my advice.

Andre[/QUOTE]

Thanks - I was just going to ask this myself! Is this usually crowded or are most people still at the parks?

Up next: POR!

ASmo, ASsp 2x, Pop 2x, BC 2x, BCV, BLT 2x, CR GW, Poly, WL, Swan & Dolphin 3x, CSR, AKL 2x, Kidani 2x...need to try the rest!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: