Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #61
sh00tfire
Mouseketeer

There aren't any rides that I will not go on, however, there are several that I will only go on once per trip.

Tea Cups. Too much spinning, although, I love love the music of the tea cups!
Goofy's Sky School. I feel like I am going to fall right off the track!
Silly Symphony Swings. Also too much spinning.

Tower of Terror and California Screamin' I can only handle a few times also.

Disneyland 1992, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, APs(Jan, May, Oct, Dec 2012)
Disneyworld 1993, 2007
sh00tfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #62
mom2tinkandmickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess.Rachel View Post
There is something about Soarin that is terrifying to me

I can do Screamin and TOT 10 times over but you get me on soarin and I'm like a 2 year old during a meltdown.

Makes no sense, I know..
For me, having my feet dangling messed with my fear of heights. I started resting my feet on the storage basket under the seat, and it made a world of difference.
mom2tinkandmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #63
Princess.Rachel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tinkandmickey View Post
For me, having my feet dangling messed with my fear of heights. I started resting my feet on the storage basket under the seat, and it made a world of difference.
That could definitely be it. I hate heights! I will have to try that when we go next week! Thanks!!!!

Princess.Rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #64
Aladora
DIS Veteran

I refuse to ride:
Screamin'
ToT
Splash Mountain
The swinging cages on the wheel of terror

DS (7) will not ride Space Mountain or BTMRR, at least he wouldn't the last time we went but I have to hope that he will next April!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #65
mouseymommy
I love the smell of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyersfam11 View Post
Hahaha, I LOVE that you called it the Wheel of Terror....I call it the SAME thing!
That's funny!! My DH and sons got off that ride and my 10yo said, "That's not Mickey's Fun Wheel, that's "Mickey's Wheel of Terror"! It cracked us up and we have called it that from then on!
mouseymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #66
cagirl4life
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
Ha! Glad to see so many other people terrified of ferris wheels (aka Mickey's Wheel of Terror). That is about the only thing I won't do. Tea cups sometimes make me a bit woozy and we have to slow down (I used to be all about the spinny rides, but not so much in recent years).

I do have a question about Matterhorn -- this is our first trip to DLR (been to WDW often), and will be just me and DS14 and DD7 for this trip. I really want to ride the Matterhorn, just because it's DLR. DD rode everything except Rockin' Roller Coaster at WDW last year at age 6, including ToT, SM, and EE (Everest). She really got scared on those three, but she was a trouper and did them all! (Her daddy talked her in to them, and she kept trying!) We went back a few months later and she was happier not riding those. So, my question is how does Matterhorn compare? She loves BTMRR (at least at WDW -- is it the same at DLR?) and was fine on Splash Mountain. She freaked out on Space Mountain, and I think it was mostly the dark, and being in a seat by herself since they are only one-across like Matterhorn is now. I really want to ride it, but don't want to scar her for life!!!

Also, what is it that is so bad about Goofy's sky school? Was planning on doing it - I thought it would be like the Goofy ride at WDW (although, admittedly, we haven't been on it since the "new" fantasyland opened the new version of it) and she was fine with it, but don't want to assume this is similar and scare her to death!

Thanks! Just don't want to assure her it will be fine, and then have us all terrified!
BTMRR are practically the same at DLR and WDW so you should be good there. Matterhorn is like BTMRR in roughness but it has the solo seats like Space at WDW. I haven't been on since the refurb though so I don't know how rough it is anymore, but riding by myself my bottom usually hurt afterwards. Space at DLR has side by side seats so you might be better off on this one.

Goofy Sky School is kinda similar to Primeval Whirl at AK and nothing like Goofy's at MK. It has really sharp turns which is the part I don't like because it whips you around and kinda hurts. I haven't been on that since the refurb either but I hated Mulholland so there is no way to get me on Goofy's since it is the same track. You can see the whole ride so you can decide if she might like it from watching.

DL: to many times to count, last trip August 2013!
WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
cagirl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #67
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post

I use to go to Six Flags (actually it was Marriots Great America then) as a teenager and did ride every ride there, just because my friends did it.

Isn't it still called Great America? Or did you mean the old Marine World that is now Six Flags Discovery Kingdom? I still call it Marine World

In DLR, I will only ride Star Tours once due to motion sickness, it made it so much worse now that it is 3D. I also try to limit Matterhorn, it shakes my brains around
But, I will NOT ride Davy Crocketts Canoes, becuase I am terrified of the water & I feel like we will tip!! I hated the Motor Boat cruise as a kid, even though I vaguely remember it. Really, all I remember was being terrified.

In DCA, I don't ride the Mickey's Wheel of Death, Symphony Swings, or Zephyr. Did the Zephyr once, and it was too boring to be considered a ride. I hated Mulholland Madness, but, somehow, I love it as Goofy's Sky School. Never rode the Maliboomer either.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #68
MissMichigan
A most peculiar mademoiselle

None that i'm afraid of, but I don't bother riding Star Tours or Space Mountain anymore.

I don't usually get motion sickness, but these two kill me for some reason. Doesn't matter what time of day I ride them, how much i've eaten, or how i'm feeling before I get on. I get dizzy, sweaty, faint and nauseous every single time. Not worth it.

I wasn't overly fond of Mickey's Fun Wheel, but I would ride it again. I think it didn't help that while I was in line, right before we got on, the little girl standing in front of me puked EVERYWHERE, so I was already feeling queasy.

The others don't bother me at all. Screaming, BTMRR, Teacups, and ToT are my favorites. I'll ride them over and over.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #69
mom2tinkandmickey
Mouseketeer

There is not enough money in the world to get me on the swinging gondolas of the not so Fun Wheel! I only ride Goofy's Sky School for my kids, but truly dislike it. I "just say NO" to the Silly Symphony Swings, Astro Orbiter, and Dumbo. They mess with my equilibrium more than the Mad Tea Party!
mom2tinkandmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #70
T0rrent
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
Isn't it still called Great America? Or did you mean the old Marine World that is now Six Flags Discovery Kingdom? I still call it Marine World

In DLR, I will only ride Star Tours once due to motion sickness, it made it so much worse now that it is 3D. I also try to limit Matterhorn, it shakes my brains around
But, I will NOT ride Davy Crocketts Canoes, becuase I am terrified of the water & I feel like we will tip!! I hated the Motor Boat cruise as a kid, even though I vaguely remember it. Really, all I remember was being terrified.

In DCA, I don't ride the Mickey's Wheel of Death, Symphony Swings, or Zephyr. Did the Zephyr once, and it was too boring to be considered a ride. I hated Mulholland Madness, but, somehow, I love it as Goofy's Sky School. Never rode the Maliboomer either.
I remember it being Six Flags Great America (as well as marriot's long long ago) as they used to have looney tunes as their cartoon mascots. Six Flags sold it to Paramont (which now sold it to cedar) and they bought Marine World which is now Six Flags Marine World. I haven't been to great america in years though. Think i've been once in the last 10 years.
T0rrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #71
krispin41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0rrent

I remember it being Six Flags Great America (as well as marriot's long long ago) as they used to have looney tunes as their cartoon mascots. Six Flags sold it to Paramont (which now sold it to cedar) and they bought Marine World which is now Six Flags Marine World. I haven't been to great america in years though. Think i've been once in the last 10 years.
Yep, The Edge. My Dad could watch it from his office. The Grizzly was the first coaster I ever rode. I still think of it as Marriot's. And I miss the old Marine World when it was in Redwood City.
krispin41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #72
MrsMears
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispin41 View Post
Yep, The Edge. My Dad could watch it from his office. The Grizzly was the first coaster I ever rode. I still think of it as Marriot's. And I miss the old Marine World when it was in Redwood City.
Wow.. yeah, thanks for jogging my head on those memories.

Premium AP holders!
DLR visits
UPcoming:

2014: Beginning of March, 4 days
Past Disneyland visits:
2013: 6 days
2012: 48 Days
1988: Grad Night
1986: May
1973-1980: Monthly+
Past WDW visits:
July - August 1977
MrsMears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #73
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0rrent View Post
I remember it being Paramonts, but not Marriot's or Six Flags. I thought the one in Chicago was Six Flag's Great America.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #74
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispin41 View Post
OMG I rode the Edge once.....and cried. I was so scared!!!!! That's why it took me so long to ride ToT, I thought it was going to be the same type of thing. So glad it isn't! LOL I haven't been to Great America in years.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
I remember it being Paramonts, but not Marriot's or Six Flags. I thought the one in Chicago was Six Flag's Great America.
I remember it being Paramounts Great America too, they had the Days of Thunder ride. lol Oh and Top Gun...I liked those.
I have a season pass to Marine World (aka Six Flags Discovery Kingdom lol) but haven't been all year......guess I should try to fix that. LOL The kids have been plenty of time, but not me. Maybe next year I'll just get them passes.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: