Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
sara mom
Mouseketeer

Single rooms

Does anyone know if Disney ever reduces their single supplement once it gets closer to sail date and the ship is not sold out? ( I know that Royal Caribbean will) My widowed father wants to go along with us, but wants his own cabin. I priced out a single interior room and it was about $100 less than having 2 people in the same cabin. I do understand that Disney wants more than 1 person in a cabin because more passengers means more people to spend money on the ship.
sara mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
sambycat
DIS Veteran

they recently raised it across the board i know. rooms do go down closer to sail dates if available i’m told, but now it seems like 1 cruises for the price of 2.

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
Weedy
DIS Veteran

No they don't but if you have more than 2 people in your cabin you can "book" the other person in his cabin and then have them sleep in yours. Disney does not care where the people sleep. Two little things: the extra person would have to go to the life boat drill with your Father's cabin and the Key card charges will be tied to his cabin.
Weedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
chateau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy View Post
No they don't but if you have more than 2 people in your cabin you can "book" the other person in his cabin and then have them sleep in yours. Disney does not care where the people sleep. Two little things: the extra person would have to go to the life boat drill with your Father's cabin and the Key card charges will be tied to his cabin.
Oooo, good idea for my future cruising. Thanks!
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
sara mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy
I know, but we booked IGT. And he told us he would like to go 2 days AFTER we booked. Ugh! So no moving anyone in our reservation.
sara mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #6
Ajojo
Mouseketeer

I know that Disney just increased the single supplement, but both of my solo trips on Disney were last minute and the single supplement was greatly reduced.

I had an inside room and sailed Alaska on the Wonder and the Med on the Magic. I bought the Alaska cruise about 2 months out and the Med cruise was bought at 4 weeks out.
Ajojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
castmbr
DIS Veteran

We booked vgt for 3 people and then my 2nd dd decided to go. Our ta was able to add her to our room. I know you said he wants his own room but if your room can accommodate another person maybe its worth a thought?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #8
kcashner
DIS Veteran

I've seen greatly reduced last minute fares recently, but not reductions of the single supplement.

That doesn't say it hasn't happened, just that I have not seen it or otherwise become aware of it.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: