Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #1081
heather13
DIS Veteran
 
heather13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 569

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardin1964 View Post
To me it doesn't make much sense to take the boat to MK to catch the monorail to Epoct. I don't love taking the bus either and in my 3 stays at WL we have taken the boat/monorail route to get to Epoct. But it takes at least an hour to do this route.
Heavens!! It takes an hour to get there?! The whole reason we picked VWL is that so many people here insisted it's a really quick & easy way to get to both Epcot & MK (the two parks we'll be visiting multiple times). It kind of defeats the purpose when we want to go back to the hotel to rest during the day, if that's going to take 2+ hours just for transport.

A big reason I don't like the bus is that our last visit THAT took an hour or more each direction - so I guess if it's going to take that long I'd rather be on the boat. I'm glad I at least asked before we leave in two weeks, or I'd be getting rather antsy the whole time. Guess I'll need to just remember the journey is part of the fun.
__________________
mom to two little princesses
heather13 is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #1082
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather13 View Post
Thanks WDWKOOK! (and you're not missing the weather in IN - it's COLD right now!)


We've rented points, so no daily mousekeeping. Anyone who knows about trash - please let me know!

Taking the bus to Epcot is something we really want to avoid if possible. We'll have to ride them enough for other parks & DTD. A perk of WL is the boat. Will we be cutting it too close to take the boat to MK, then catch the monorail from there? I only vaguely remember this, but it seemed like the boat docked pretty close to the station.
Each location should have a trash room and you should have extra trash bags in the bottom of the trash can. If you need more, just ask housekeeping for extra. The location of the trash room should be on the information sheet you get when you check in. Or you should be able to follow the signs in the building to the trash room.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-02-2012, 01:22 AM   #1083
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?
 
Kathymford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 25 miles from DLR
Posts: 1,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather13

Heavens!! It takes an hour to get there?! The whole reason we picked VWL is that so many people here insisted it's a really quick & easy way to get to both Epcot & MK (the two parks we'll be visiting multiple times). It kind of defeats the purpose when we want to go back to the hotel to rest during the day, if that's going to take 2+ hours just for transport.

A big reason I don't like the bus is that our last visit THAT took an hour or more each direction - so I guess if it's going to take that long I'd rather be on the boat. I'm glad I at least asked before we leave in two weeks, or I'd be getting rather antsy the whole time. Guess I'll need to just remember the journey is part of the fun.
I would agree that the monorail route to Epcot from WL takes about an hour. Our last trip we purposely did a "no buses" trip, but this was our 3rd trip in 12 months and very leisurely. I seriously doubt the bus to Epcot would take you that long unless you're going in a very busy time of year. Others will be able to confirm thus though.
__________________
Kathymford is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #1084
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,240

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Could anyone there now (or going soon) post what time the campfire/marshmallow roast is? And also what the movie line up is for October?

Thank you, thank you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Here is the latest schedule from Build a Better Mouse Trip which I'll post to the first page later:


October Wilderness Lodge Beach Movie Schedule ~ 8:00PM


Sundays - Monsters, Inc.
Mondays - The Haunted Mansion
Tuesdays - Tarzan
Wednesdays - The Nightmare Before Christmas
Thursdays - DisneyNature: Chimpanzee
Fridays - Halloweentown
Saturdays - Cinderella


Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
I called WDTC and tried to request a Wishes view. She said she could not put that in but could put in facing the theme park. Does that seem right or should I call back? We booked a Woods View Bunk Bed Room.
She can put in whatever she wants, she must have been choosing from a menu or something or thought you were wanting what at other resorts is a bookable view (TPV formerly MKV). The WL room assignor will see your request and understand TPV mean Wishes, but you can also call back and have another CM put in exactly what you'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather13 View Post
Thanks WDWKOOK! (and you're not missing the weather in IN - it's COLD right now!)


We've rented points, so no daily mousekeeping. Anyone who knows about trash - please let me know!
Your question has been answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather13 View Post
Heavens!! It takes an hour to get there?! The whole reason we picked VWL is that so many people here insisted it's a really quick & easy way to get to both Epcot & MK (the two parks we'll be visiting multiple times). It kind of defeats the purpose when we want to go back to the hotel to rest during the day, if that's going to take 2+ hours just for transport.

A big reason I don't like the bus is that our last visit THAT took an hour or more each direction - so I guess if it's going to take that long I'd rather be on the boat. I'm glad I at least asked before we leave in two weeks, or I'd be getting rather antsy the whole time. Guess I'll need to just remember the journey is part of the fun.
I'm not sure why they told you "it's really quick and easy." That truly only applies when you can walk to the theme park, like from BLT, BWV or BCV. Even when you make an ADR, Disney warns you to allow something like 90 mins. to get to your ADR using WDW transportation. In general, the bus to Epcot takes about 30 mins. give or take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Each location should have a trash room and you should have extra trash bags in the bottom of the trash can. If you need more, just ask housekeeping for extra. The location of the trash room should be on the information sheet you get when you check in. Or you should be able to follow the signs in the building to the trash room.
Thank you for answering this! I'm going to put this advice on the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I would agree that the monorail route to Epcot from WL takes about an hour. Our last trip we purposely did a "no buses" trip, but this was our 3rd trip in 12 months and very leisurely. I seriously doubt the bus to Epcot would take you that long unless you're going in a very busy time of year. Others will be able to confirm thus though.
I've actually found that during a holiday or when it's really busy, they call out more buses and tend not to share with another resort so it can actually be a little faster. But, you can end up with buses that fill quickly and crowded bus stops at peak times.

This isn't directed at you, but it's always prudent to allow at least one hour to get to your destination. You don't know how long you'll have to wait for the bus to arrive, whether it will stop at GF or FW afterwards, and how long the security and park entrance lines might be. The boat is really nice, but is really intended to go to/from MK, CR and FW.

So would you do your 'no buses' trip again?

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 10-02-2012 at 08:34 AM.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #1085
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,937

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
She can put in whatever she wants, she must have been choosing from a menu or something or thought you were wanting what at other resorts is a bookable view (TPV formerly MKV). The WL room assignor will see your request and understand TPV mean Wishes, but you can also call back and have another CM put in exactly what you'd like.
I recently read about a similar issue on the DVC boards and it appears that part of a new software upgrade is that now room requests come all from pre determined menu (the same options that you get for online check-in). There still seems to be an additional field for free entries, but it is unclear whether that data is being tranferred to the resort or not. I find that a bit worrying, but keep in mind I would still consider this a rumor, not a fact!
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 07:20 AM   #1086
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather13 View Post
Heavens!! It takes an hour to get there?! The whole reason we picked VWL is that so many people here insisted it's a really quick & easy way to get to both Epcot & MK (the two parks we'll be visiting multiple times). It kind of defeats the purpose when we want to go back to the hotel to rest during the day, if that's going to take 2+ hours just for transport.

A big reason I don't like the bus is that our last visit THAT took an hour or more each direction - so I guess if it's going to take that long I'd rather be on the boat. I'm glad I at least asked before we leave in two weeks, or I'd be getting rather antsy the whole time. Guess I'll need to just remember the journey is part of the fun.
Another option was to take the boat to CR and do the monorail from there. We are not clockwatchers while on vacation, so I can honestly not tell you how long it took us to get to the parks (by boat or by bus). Boat transportation, while relaxing, certainly seemed to take longer.

We are a family that doesn't mind buses and we found the buses to be very efficient at WL. I honestly don't believe that it ever took us an hour to get anywhere.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #1087
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 5,118

Can you walk to the TTC from the WL? Is it very far away?
__________________
~ Sue



Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #1088
cwt580
DIS Veteran
 
cwt580's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Buchanan, Mi
Posts: 877

Nope cant walk to ttc....
__________________

cwt580 is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #1089
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Here is the latest schedule from Build a Better Mouse Trip which I'll post to the first page later:

October Wilderness Lodge Beach Movie Schedule ~ 8:00PM

Sundays - Monsters, Inc.
Mondays - The Haunted Mansion
Tuesdays - Tarzan
Wednesdays - The Nightmare Before Christmas
Thursdays - DisneyNature: Chimpanzee
Fridays - Halloweentown
Saturdays - Cinderella
Kook - you rock!!!! Thank you!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #1090
yolie912
DIS Veteran
 
yolie912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,057

Hello,
I am staying at the WL in December...and CL....I have a question. I purchased MVMCP. Can they print them out for me? Also what else besides dining does CL do? Thanks!
__________________
yolie912 is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #1091
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,724



Trying to adjust (and doing pretty darn good!) to a needed heart healthy diet. That means a diet very low in sodium, cholesterol and fat. It really is much easier then you'd think! But, WDW does make me a tad nervous...

Will WL CL help with this restriction? Can/would CL accomodate this need in their food offerings?

It is not a choice, but a true need to have a healthy heart must.

Thanks!
__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...


Last edited by CuteAsMinnie; 10-02-2012 at 12:01 PM.
CuteAsMinnie is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #1092
heather13
DIS Veteran
 
heather13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 569

Thanks Deb & Bill for the trash info - that's just what I needed!
Thanks Kook & everyone for the transport advice. Better to know now. Maybe we'll do the boat the first day since we arrive at lunch time (assuming we can eat snacks on the boats) and try the bus for our early Epcot day.

I did a search for boat times, and it looks like it's around 10 minutes from WL to CR - is this accurate? So is it about 30 minutes for WL to MK?

And someone asked before what time the nightly campfire / marshmallow roast is. I thought I'd read 8pm - is this accurate?
__________________
mom to two little princesses
heather13 is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #1093
yolie912
DIS Veteran
 
yolie912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,057

Are there bunk beds staying club level? Thanks!
__________________
yolie912 is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #1094
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
Are there bunk beds staying club level? Thanks!
You can certainly request them!

It is a request - not bookable - but I'm sure they'd do their best to accommodate you.

We had bunk beds on our CL stay in July. Our girls loved them!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #1095
yolie912
DIS Veteran
 
yolie912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
You can certainly request them!

It is a request - not bookable - but I'm sure they'd do their best to accommodate you.

We had bunk beds on our CL stay in July. Our girls loved them!
Thanks! that would be nice. =)
__________________
yolie912 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: