Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
Purplegal
Mouseketeer

Holiday Tour good for 6 y/o?

We are going Nov 17-20 and I'm tempted to do the Holiday tour to get good seating for the parade. Trying to decide if this is something my six year old will enjoy...anyone that has done it have opinions? She is scared of Haunted Mansion and cannot have dairy so Im assuming she can't have the treat included either. So...worth it or no?
Old 10-01-2012, 02:01 AM   #2
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

I don't know your 6 yo, but we've waited to take kids until they were at least 10. The tour is fun, but long, with lots of walking (through large crowds if the date is closer to the holidays), and the holiday trivia (e.g. origin of Christmas traditions, carols, etc.) may well not interest her. The treats we got were pumpking and chocolate fudge, hot chocolate, gingerbread cookie. You can let the CM know ahead about the no-dairy issue and something else will be provided. But I'm not sure that several hours of walking and trying to listen to a tour guide through a headset will keep your child amused. And HMH was a big part of our tour -- the wait was long and we spent a long time talking about the overlay. You could skip that ride and just wait outside for the rest of the group, but that may not be fun for her or you.
If you plan ahead, it shouldn't be too hard to get a good spot for the parade. That might work better and be a lot less expensive. Just some thoughts. Hope this helps.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
ballarinamom
DIS Veteran

We first took my DD on the Holiday Tour when she was 6 and she loved it. We do it every time we go during the holidays. The tour is really only 2 hours and part of that is spent riding HM, the train and IASW. As they take you to the front of the line on these rides, the time goes quickly.
As for the waling, you start on Main street. Then over to New Orleans Square to HM. After Hm you take the train to TT and walk over to IASW. After IASW you get your seat and treat. So for her, the walking didnt seem too much.

Me (44 yikes!) , DH (46) , DD (11)
ballarinamom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: