Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #1
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Need help in choosing which restaurant!

Citricos or Narcoossee? Hubby likes the sound of the lobster at Narcoossee. I'm allergic to shellfish but the filet sounds lovely. Based on service and taste, which restaurant would you choose? Also, both of these are signature restaurants. Dress code is business casual. Dh saw that jeans were listed as acceptable attire. If you have been at either of these two places do people really wear jeans? I'd like to be able to show him that indeed it may say "jeans" but they really mean "khakis".

Last edited by ksromack; 09-30-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: added another question
ksromack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Narcossees is my personal preference. Gotta love lobster.

Unfortunately, you'll see people in all kinds of attire. Khakis are most appropriate, but there will be people in park clothes in attendance. Shorts and sneakers and all.

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I prefer Citricos. I've done both many times and overall Citricos has been a better meal. I've also found it to be quieter, more adult and better service. It doesn't have the views or lobster though!

The business casual dress code is a suggestion rather than a requirement. The later in the evening, the more dressed diners usually are. However, they will allow almost any attire other than bathing suits, hats on men or torn/offensive clothing.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
sabcook
Mouseketeer

Another vote for Citricos here - it is one of our favorites! As far as attire - they aren't going to turn you away if you are wearing jeans but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable going there dressed that casually. I think there is a difference when the restaurant is at a resort than when it is in a park.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
bedogged
Choose parents that aged well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Citricos or Narcoossee? Hubby likes the sound of the lobster at Narcoossee. I'm allergic to shellfish but the filet sounds lovely. Based on service and taste, which restaurant would you choose? Also, both of these are signature restaurants. Dress code is business casual. Dh saw that jeans were listed as acceptable attire. If you have been at either of these two places do people really wear jeans? I'd like to be able to show him that indeed it may say "jeans" but they really mean "khakis".
I love them both and have them booked for December. I would say that Citricos is a bit more formal than Narcoossee. Citricos has more of a Mediterranean menu and of course, Narcoossee is more seafood. It sounds like your husband is concerned about the dress code. He can wear a NICE pair of jeans with a nice shirt to either place and feel comfortable. If you are going in hot weather, he can wear dress shorts. One thing that Narcoossee has over Citricos is that Narcoossee has a very good view of wishes. If you time your dinner correctly, you can watch the fireworks from the deck and they lower the lights and pump the music in. I really don't think you can go wrong with either.
bedogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedogged View Post
I love them both and have them booked for December. I would say that Citricos is a bit more formal than Narcoossee. Citricos has more of a Mediterranean menu and of course, Narcoossee is more seafood. It sounds like your husband is concerned about the dress code. He can wear a NICE pair of jeans with a nice shirt to either place and feel comfortable. If you are going in hot weather, he can wear dress shorts. One thing that Narcoossee has over Citricos is that Narcoossee has a very good view of wishes. If you time your dinner correctly, you can watch the fireworks from the deck and they lower the lights and pump the music in. I really don't think you can go wrong with either.
We have reservations at Narcoossee at 9pm. The only reason I chose it over Citricos was the lobster. I'm allergic to shellfish so I would have most likely prefered Citricos. Dh hasn't made one request this entire 10 day trip so I felt the least I could do was accommodate this ONE thing. I told him he couldn't go if he wore jeans The plus side is I believe Holiday Wishes is at 9:30 that evening. We'll have to do Citricos next trip!

Thank you everyone for your input!
Old 10-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Fantasmiss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack
I haven't been to either to be honest, but let your husband get the lobster! I'm a lobster lover, well I mean I like to eat lobsters. So I always say: go for the lobster!
May 2008 - WDW - All Star Sports - 2 weeks
Jan 2009 - WDW - All Star Music + All Star Movies - 2 weeks - birthday trip
Feb/Mar 2010 - DLP - Santa Fe - 6 days
Jan 2011 - WDW - All Star Movies & Pop Century - 17 days - birthday trip
May 2011 - WDW - All Star Sports - 17 days - anniversary trip
Nov 2011 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 6 days
Oct/Nov 2012 - WDW - All Star Sports+Art of Animation - 3 weeks - 10th Disney Trip
Oct/Nov 2013 - WDW - All Star Sports - 25 days - birthday trip
MAR 2014 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 5 days- birthday trip

MAY 2014 - WDW - ALL STAR SPORTS - 17 DAYS - ANNIVERSARY TRIP!

Fantasmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
LillsnJills
Mouseketeer

We liked our dinner at Citricos, but didn't find it particularly special or exciting. I think part of the problem was we'd eaten at Jiko the night before and were blown away by it. After that, Citricos seemed average, like a meal we could have easily gotten at home. Service was attentive and well paced, no complaints there. But if you're used to eating in upscale or "nicer" restaurants, you've probably had a meal on par with what you'd get at Citricos. I honestly don't think it should be a signature restaurant.

LillsnJills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #9
bedogged
Choose parents that aged well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
We have reservations at Narcoossee at 9pm. The only reason I chose it over Citricos was the lobster. I'm allergic to shellfish so I would have most likely prefered Citricos. Dh hasn't made one request this entire 10 day trip so I felt the least I could do was accommodate this ONE thing. I told him he couldn't go if he wore jeans The plus side is I believe Holiday Wishes is at 9:30 that evening. We'll have to do Citricos next trip!

Thank you everyone for your input!
FYI since your husband is interested the lobster, in May I was offered the option of TWO lobster tails instead of the whole lobster. I chose the two and they were large and good. That's not on the menu, but if you are interested, ask.
bedogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #10
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

I love them both but Narcoosee's wins because of the combination of amazing food and a beautiful view! Especially if you'll be dining during Wishes. However, if you are looking for something a bit more quiet I think Citrico's tends to have a more refined feel to it... Narcoosee's is more laid back. Maybe just check out the menus and see which one grabs you.
TigrLvsPooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: