Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #2611
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
I'm sad today.... The voices of reason have spoken (my DH and BFF). We are postponing our trip until January.

I'm just not physically up to it yet, and even if I was, going the week before Christmas is too much for us. I know they are right, but that doesn't mean I have to LIKE it!!!!

Sooooo, our new dates are TBD.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
We made that same tough decision about a month ago, but we're postponing until January too, our Disney dates are Jan 30 - Feb 7, with a couple days at Universal before that.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 09-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #2612
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj

We made that same tough decision about a month ago, but we're postponing until January too, our Disney dates are Jan 30 - Feb 7, with a couple days at Universal before that.
Oh, I hope we end up going at the same time!!!!!
I know we're "new" friends, but I'd LOVE to meet you & Fran in person!!!! You can go ride all the crazy rides with my DH & boys and I can hang out with Fran at the AKL fire pit!!!

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #2613
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:
I'm sad today.... The voices of reason have spoken (my DH and BFF). We are postponing our trip until January.

I'm just not physically up to it yet, and even if I was, going the week before Christmas is too much for us. I know they are right, but that doesn't mean I have to LIKE it!!!!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 42/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 09-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #2614
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I'm sorry we won't get the chance to see you in October. I hope Fran is doing well and I hope you are hanging in there OK.
Yeah, I'm sorry too, the Jamborini meet sounded like so much fun! She's slowing plugging along. If things go right maybe by the end of the months all her wounds will be closed up. Then she can get the arthritis meds, THAT's when the real improvement will start.

Quote:
Oh, I hope we end up going at the same time!!!!!
I know we're "new" friends, but I'd LOVE to meet you & Fran in person!!!! You can go ride all the crazy rides with my DH & boys and I can hang out with Fran at the AKL fire pit!!!

I would love to meet you too! You can ride my scooter, Fran likes to go to the parks to people watch. She brings a book while I usually go through the single rider line on the crazy rides. With the cortizone shot my podiatrist gave me a few weeks ago, I actually did REALLY good at walking yesterday. I walked (or stood) almost as much as a mild Disney day and didn't have any adverse foot effects. Although my legs were killing me because they don't usually get that much exercise!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #2615
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:

Tracey, I'm so sorry that you have to postpone your trip, but your health comes first.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #2616
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:

Tracy,

Sorry to hear that you are having to postpone your trip, but it sounds like it will be the best for all.

Chin up hon...you will be there soon enough and better able to enjoy it.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 10-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #2617
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:

I'm sorry Tracey. I hope you get the new dates booked ASAP

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 10-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #2618
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
AND by the way, you got any pts. you'd like to sell??? Let me know ASAP if you do!!! Thanks!!
Sorry, we're "planned out" solid....borrowing from next year for this trip because we're not doing a 2013 trip. Then the plan is to bank the rest of 2013's so we can do a longer trip in a 2 BR in 2014. The plan nets us at 3 pts (2014 pts, which we'll bank) at the end.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #2619
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Happy Anniversary Brandi Beautiful picture!
Thanks Pam..

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 10-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #2620
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Perhaps someone on this thread could assist me. I'm looking for the appropriate thread to ask questions regarding an upcoming stay at AKL. Could someone direct me to it? This thread is apparently a community chat thread?
....hey, what happened to you? There are plenty of us that can answer any questions you may have about AKL.....please come back!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #2621
benniecooper
Mouseketeer

Hi all. DH & I check into AKL on 10/13. I plan to do online check in on 10/03. We have never stayed at AKL and was hoping for some room request suggestions. We are booked in a 'Pool View' room. I wanted Savannah, but I just don't want to swing the extra dollars for that right now. It's just DH & I for our 6th anniversary and I'd just like a nice room with a decent location. We don't mind to walk some and will be using the buses. So what location would be good to request?
Old 10-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #2622
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Happy anniversary Brandi and David.

Quote:

I am sorry that you had postpone your trip, but hopefully you will feel a lot better by then and the crowds will be so much lower in January.

Corinna
Old 10-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #2623
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I was looking into Online Check-In and where it said special requests it said Kudu and Arusha for requests. Where is Arusha located? I looked at wdwinfo.com and couldn't find it and then elsewhere I found that it was further down Kudu Trail..is that right? I've only stayed on Zebra Trail and like that since it's on the same side as the pool/food court but there was no request for that. We are staying in a Deluxe Savanna Studio.

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #2624
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla973 View Post
Thanks to all of you for the great info on this thread!

We are staying at AKV (renting points) for the second year in a row. I do have some questions for the experts here:

1. Are there lifejackets available at the pool for small children?
2. Do you know if coconut milk is available in the resort store?

Thank you! We can't wait to go. I think this might be the trip that convinces me to buy in!
1.They have all sizes from XS (around age 2) to L(age 7) and usually are good about having enough in the bins. Once in a while if the pool is really busy you might have to search for the size you need but we have always been able to find some.

2.Not sure on the coconut milk though

Quote:

It stinks being an adult sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
What a beautiful picture. How many years? We just celebrated 16 last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....hey, what happened to you? There are plenty of us that can answer any questions you may have about AKL.....please come back!
I think we did
Old 10-02-2012, 06:44 AM   #2625
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I was looking into Online Check-In and where it said special requests it said Kudu and Arusha for requests. Where is Arusha located? I looked at wdwinfo.com and couldn't find it and then elsewhere I found that it was further down Kudu Trail..is that right? I've only stayed on Zebra Trail and like that since it's on the same side as the pool/food court but there was no request for that. We are staying in a Deluxe Savanna Studio.

Thanks!
Kudu is a trail.

Arusha isn't. It's the "main" savannah (the one between Kudu and Zebra trail).

http://allears.net/acc/ResortMaps/AKL.pdf

That whole area in the "bowl" is Arusha Savanna.

Basically, an Arusha request is to be given an Arusha Savanna view.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: