Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #91
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Hope this doesn't sway your plans to stay in the AB area. I know I would sleep under it and never have a worry.
You know it didn't even occur to me to think about worrying. Disney are very safety conscious - and even if they weren't, they are even more public-image and litigation conscious.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #92
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
I just asked this on another thread, but does POR have only one hot tub?
Yes, just the one. POFQ has one too though, which you can use.

Ande

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #93
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
I just asked this on another thread, but does POR have only one hot tub? I guess it doesn't really matter because I'm assuming younger kids don't have much interest in it, especially not at night! Just curious, as I will be there in February!
Yeah only one by the main pool, and yes our family rarely gets a chance to enjoy it because of it always seems to be occupied.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #94
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose
I just asked this on another thread, but does POR have only one hot tub? I guess it doesn't really matter because I'm assuming younger kids don't have much interest in it, especially not at night! Just curious, as I will be there in February!
Yes, one at the main pool.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #95
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
You know it didn't even occur to me to think about worrying. Disney are very safety conscious - and even if they weren't, they are even more public-image and litigation conscious.

Andre
Yeah of course, last thing they want is a lawsuit or a bad public image.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #96
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

October 2012 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules

The October 2012 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans Riverside are now available, see the main Recreation Activities Schedule page for full-size PDF versions, or click on the images below.

The outdoor movies will start at 8pm and the daily campfires commence at 6:30pm. A separate schedule will be released for Halloween closer to the end of the month.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:48 AM   #97
Dommiekazommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Can someone tell me, if you stay at one of the farthest buildings, for example on the outskirts of AB, how long REALISTICALLY the walk from your room to the lobby would be? I've seen so many different versions. I will be there with my boyfriend only, no children, just two fairly fit adults (lol) so really is the walk that bad?
Hi

we just got back from POR (sadface, lol) in building 39 (room 3956) which i'd say is probably one of the furthest from the main building and it wasnt far at all! Took us maybe 5 mins to get to the foodcourt if that. It was just me and DF (both 25) so might be different with little kids, but was no issue at all for us! We went both ways, over the bridge to old man island and also around the lake past the pefered rooms to the back foodcourt enterance and found the way around the lake marginally quicker, but not much at all!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:13 AM   #98
Dommiekazommie
Mouseketeer

mini review

Hi all

We just got back from 12 nights at POR, and although I'm mainly a lurker not a poster, I throught i'd post a quick review for everyone else to see!

First off, i LOVE POR!!!! Ive stayed their once before, but staed at CBR last trip. it was DF's first POR trip, and we both agree it is just amazing, and wil def stay there as our mod of choice from now on! (although we did visit a few deluxe's on this trip, and now DF is talking about the Poly.... we'll see!)

WE checked in at about 8am on Sat 15th Sept, we were assisted by an excelent CM whose name escapes me, from Brisbane Australia (we saw a lot of Aussie Cms this trip, was great!). We had booked a king room, with an AB request (and no othe requests). Our room was ready straight away (YAY after 20+ hours of flying) and we headed straight over. we were in room 3956, which was a corner room. We had a beautiful garden view, but we didnt get to enjoy it, as our room was right next to the main staircase, so we had people walking past our room almost constantly, so we mainly kept the blinds closed when we were in the room (just dont like people to look in and see me beding down to put my shos on or anything, lol!)

We were maybe a 50m walk from the quiet pool, which was perfect! We cannot save enough good things about the uiet pool. we spend a good few hours relaxing there on the lovely sunlounges, even though the weather wasnt quite warm and sunny enough for us to actually go in! We never used the main pool, we were happy just to relax by the smaller pool, and the main pool always seemed a bit busy and loud for us! The kids we walked past always seemed like they were having fun though!!

We were about a 2 min walk from the North Bus stop, which I would say would be the perfect stop. we were always either the 2nd or 3rd stop, which was excellent, and we never had any bus issues at all. We were actually there at the exact same time as a poster from the last POR FAQ thread who said she had nothing but problems with the busses, and just wated to say we had the exact opposite experience. I dont think we waited anymore than say 15 mins for a bus at any stage, and even then generally waited less than 5 or 10 minutes. at the parks we also never had any issues. The only time we really had a long wait was at EPCOT leaving at about 10.30 on an EMH night, prob waited about 15 mins and got on the second bus which came by, and also one night at DTD where we had to wait on a second bus (this was because the party in front of us decided they didnt want to stand and would wait for the next bus, and did not move to let anyone past them). As far as standing goes, we did stand on nearly all occasions on the way home from the parks, but on about 50% of instances we did initially have seats, but gave them up for mums with kids etc. on the way too the parks i'd say we got seats about 75% of the time, whcih we thought was excellent. we're both ble bodied reasonably unfit 25 year olds, so we really have no probems with standing for such a short trip. Our only complaint about the bus service was having to listen to other guests complaining (although we did get a good giggle out of it... if your only problems on your awesome vacation to disney is having to fold your stoller to get onto a bus I think you can count ourself prettty lucky).

we caught the boat to and from DTD a few times, never had to wait more than 1 boat. I loved it, so nice and relaxing. DF however, did say he perfered the bus, quicker and less mossies!

What else? the whole resort is so beautifully landscaped. we saw a tonne of little gecko/lizzards, so cute!

The foodcourt was amazing, so many yummy options. we had a few meals there, and a couple of breakfasts later in the trip when we realsied we had a lot of quick service meals left over. My favourte was the make your own pasta and the yoghurt parfait in the morning, yummm! DF liked the nuggets (boring!) and the omlette in the morning. the red velvet cake and the choc muffins were also totally scrummy! I had an ice cream sundae for desert one day! Was HUGE, so much fudge and topping, I just got a stamp on my recip at the counter and went back and got it once i'd finished my meal, worked billrianlty!

We caught quite a few taxis durng our trip (lots of resort ADRs and a few off site shoing trips) and the guys at the main trasport area were just awesome, gt to know us after the first couple of trips and were super nice, always opening the doors for us.

The greeter who opens the doors to the main building (dont know his name sorry) is also super adorble! Always made sure to give us mickey stickers too, even though we were two adults, made us feel special, lol

Didnt get a chance to check out a full ye haw bb set, although listed fo about 15 mins and really enjoyed. he certainly had the croud in laughter! Also didnt get the chance to watch one of the movies, although could see them from the boat back from DTD, and they also looked like fun!

Overall I cant recomend POR highly enough!!! The only complaint I had was I would have liked more diet drinks for the re-fillable mugs
Old 10-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #99
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the review!!! Sounds like a wonderful trip!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 10-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #100
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Booked our flights today - next comes booking POR! Will probably book later this month after we pay for the flights! Our official dates: May 28th-June 7th. Reading these threads just gets me more excited for our stay at POR! And, of course PortOrleans.org - thanks for all of your hard work, Andre! You have made my research for this trip so much easier!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #101
snubie
DIS Veteran

We are booked Jan 31-Feb 6, 2013 in the Royal Rooms-Garden view. I put in a request for Oak Manor. My concern is the bus stop. How likely is it that once the bus gets to the South Depot it will be too full to pick up any more passengers? I know we can walk to the main stop at the front but some mornings it may just be easier to walk to the south depot.
April 1985 Poly,May 2004 POFQ,Sept 2007 ASMU,Jan 2008 ASMU,May 2009 CBR,Jan 2011 POP - disboutiquers meet, Jan 2013 POR
Old 10-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #102
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snubie View Post
We are booked Jan 31-Feb 6, 2013 in the Royal Rooms-Garden view. I put in a request for Oak Manor. My concern is the bus stop. How likely is it that once the bus gets to the South Depot it will be too full to pick up any more passengers? I know we can walk to the main stop at the front but some mornings it may just be easier to walk to the south depot.
The South depot is the main stop at the front; I assume you mean the East depot. The thing is, looking at the map it looks like there's plenty of areas of Oak Manor where there isn't going to be much a difference in the distance to either stop.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #103
isk8
Mouseketeer

Thanks Venom and Andre for responding to my TV question!

I never thought of the PR nightmare Disney would have if 50 kids were squished by falling TVs one night.
2013 - DLR Paradise Pier & WDW Beach Club * 2012 - DLR Doubletree Suites & WDW Port Orleans Riverside * 2011 - Disneyland Hotel & WDW Coronado Springs * 2010 - WDW Coronado Springs & DLR Candy Cane Inn * 2009 - WDW Dolphin & WDW Coronado Springs * 2007 - DLR - Disneyland Hotel * 2006 - DLR Disneyland Hotel - Baby's First Trip!! * 2002 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter * 2001 - DLP Newport Bay Club * 2000 - WDW All-Star Movies * 1999 - DLR Disneyland Hotel * 1998 - WDW All-Star Sports * 1997 - DLR - First Trip!! * 1996 - WDW All-Star Sports & Some Random Spring Break Off-site!! * 1994 - WDW Dixie Landings * 1980 - WDW Polynesian Village

Old 10-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #104
melissarose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dommiekazommie View Post
Hi

we just got back from POR (sadface, lol) in building 39 (room 3956) which i'd say is probably one of the furthest from the main building and it wasnt far at all! Took us maybe 5 mins to get to the foodcourt if that. It was just me and DF (both 25) so might be different with little kids, but was no issue at all for us! We went both ways, over the bridge to old man island and also around the lake past the pefered rooms to the back foodcourt enterance and found the way around the lake marginally quicker, but not much at all!
that sounds great! it's just me and my boyfriend and we are both 25 so hopefully it won't be too different for us!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #105
snubie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
The South depot is the main stop at the front; I assume you mean the East depot. The thing is, looking at the map it looks like there's plenty of areas of Oak Manor where there isn't going to be much a difference in the distance to either stop.
Yes, sorry, I meant East depot. Is there a chance that in Jan the bus will be full once it gets to the East Depot? Should we just plan on walking to the South Depot/Main bldg to get the bus in the AM?
April 1985 Poly,May 2004 POFQ,Sept 2007 ASMU,Jan 2008 ASMU,May 2009 CBR,Jan 2011 POP - disboutiquers meet, Jan 2013 POR
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: