Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #3751
Magnetgirl25
Earning My Ears

I need advice from all you who are Disney Veterans. We are going to be staying at the CBR for our first time. We have ADR at the Tusker House in the Animal Kingdom for 8:00am. My question for you will we be able to get the bus early enough to get us over to the Animal Kingdom our ADR? Any Advice you can give me would be great. This is the one ADR I have concerns with! Thanks in advance!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #3752
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

my rule of thumb no matter which resort we're staying at is be at the bus stop 1 hour before ADR time. So even if you *just* miss a bus and another doesn't come for 20 minutes, you should still be fine. So be at the bus stop at 7:00
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #3753
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama
You'll get a parking pass when u check in which u can give to them. We did that and didn't have a problem
Will they give me a parking pass if we don't have a car and how will they get in without it
Old 09-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #3754
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

we automatically got one in our check-in packet, they didn't ask if we had a car or not.
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 09-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #3755
Punchy
Mouseketeer

See you tomorrow, CBR.

1993, POFQ | 2008, GF | 2009, POFQ | 2011, POFQ | 2012, CBR
Old 09-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #3756
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchy
See you tomorrow, CBR.
So jealous!!!! Have a great time!!!

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
Old 09-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #3757
smidgy
dimples

dannydisneyfreak:

sometimes we leave for florida a day or 2 early, and stay in kissimme a night or 2. one time the car next to ours at the travel leodge had a CBR parking pass on the dashboard. I saw the older couple who belonged to the car and asked if they were staying there?

she siad their kids and grandkids were, and they would drive over to meet them at CBR. the kids gave them their pass.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #3758
CerysG
Mouseketeer

It's been tough picking which mod to pick and it was down to CB and CS and I had thought CS just because I had read that it was better for old kids and it had queen beds. However there seems to be a big convention there the last week of Aug. so no rooms and even if some open up I worry this would be a loud covention as it's a car one. Anyhow I now think CB would be great as I love the look and not having queen beds isn't ahuge deal. So I want to know before I book which area is the best to stay in? We would want to be close to the main pool but also to a good bus stop so one that isn't the last pick up. Suggestion from those who have would be great.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #3759
omalleycat
Earning My Ears

Hi CBR lovers! We have just returned from the U.S and spent Sep 1 -24 at CBR. I picked this resort out as my favourite from the vacation planning DVD long before I knew what any of them cost and was thrilled to find it was doable.
WE LOVED IT!! Absolutely stunning grounds and set-up, and loved the building layout and colours. We were in non-preferred Martinique 21 and found the location fine, easy walk to OPR. Good view of Epcot fireworks. The foodcourt options do get a bit old after a while but we mixed it up with character meals and lots of eating at DTD in the evenings.
With over 3 weeks we had time to explore non-disney parks as well, and it was really nice coming "home" after spending a day off-site, our disney magic continued long after our park tickets had expired.
Found the buses great, had lots of times when we arrived at the same time as the bus, and probably just a couple of 15-20 min waits. Very happy to see that the DTD buses started quite early, as we needed to transfer to the Lynx buses.
The main pool and kids activities were great, and we had 2 "quiet" pools very close.
Our room was perfectly clean and well-maintained during our stay, 1 towel animal on the 2nd day.
We spent a few days visiting other resorts (mostly deluxe) and was surprised to find that visually CBR was still our favourite. Port Orleans (all sections) came very close and we loved walking around there and taking the boat to DTD. We are definately "moderate" people! The fact that CBR has the beaches would still put it ahead.
We had some issues at check-in due to our length of stay and the way it was booked through our travel agent (and something about reservations only lasting 14 days) but this was sorted by the manager as quickly as they were able. We ended up having 3 different sets of KTTW cards during our stay but this wasn't a problem. Our ME departure date was incorrect due to the reservation problem, but due to needing to be at the airport by 5AM we decide to cancel ME completely and take a taxi. After reading the recent comments about bell services I'm glad we did! We had our luggage with us upon arrival and weren't that impressed with them then.
Apart from Bell/luggage services, all staff were great. On our second last day my husband decided that he wished he had a bought a Blizzard Beach towel while we were there, and we couldn't find it at DTD. He went to the gift shop at CBR and asked if there was any way we could get it - not expecting to be able to. The assistant conferred with the manager who said she would drive over to BB and get it. We were amazed and 30 minutes later it was in our possession. Fantastic service and she wouldn't take anything for doing it.
This was a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us and it is unlikely we will ever be able to return, but we will remember our visit to CBR forever.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #3760
mari360
MiSka MoUSka MiCKeY MoUsE !!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalleycat View Post
Hi CBR lovers! We have just returned from the U.S and spent Sep 1 -24 at CBR. I picked this resort out as my favourite from the vacation planning DVD long before I knew what any of them cost and was thrilled to find it was doable.
WE LOVED IT!! Absolutely stunning grounds and set-up, and loved the building layout and colours. We were in non-preferred Martinique 21 and found the location fine, easy walk to OPR. Good view of Epcot fireworks. The foodcourt options do get a bit old after a while but we mixed it up with character meals and lots of eating at DTD in the evenings.
With over 3 weeks we had time to explore non-disney parks as well, and it was really nice coming "home" after spending a day off-site, our disney magic continued long after our park tickets had expired.
Found the buses great, had lots of times when we arrived at the same time as the bus, and probably just a couple of 15-20 min waits. Very happy to see that the DTD buses started quite early, as we needed to transfer to the Lynx buses.
The main pool and kids activities were great, and we had 2 "quiet" pools very close.
Our room was perfectly clean and well-maintained during our stay, 1 towel animal on the 2nd day.
We spent a few days visiting other resorts (mostly deluxe) and was surprised to find that visually CBR was still our favourite. Port Orleans (all sections) came very close and we loved walking around there and taking the boat to DTD. We are definately "moderate" people! The fact that CBR has the beaches would still put it ahead.
We had some issues at check-in due to our length of stay and the way it was booked through our travel agent (and something about reservations only lasting 14 days) but this was sorted by the manager as quickly as they were able. We ended up having 3 different sets of KTTW cards during our stay but this wasn't a problem. Our ME departure date was incorrect due to the reservation problem, but due to needing to be at the airport by 5AM we decide to cancel ME completely and take a taxi. After reading the recent comments about bell services I'm glad we did! We had our luggage with us upon arrival and weren't that impressed with them then.
Apart from Bell/luggage services, all staff were great. On our second last day my husband decided that he wished he had a bought a Blizzard Beach towel while we were there, and we couldn't find it at DTD. He went to the gift shop at CBR and asked if there was any way we could get it - not expecting to be able to. The assistant conferred with the manager who said she would drive over to BB and get it. We were amazed and 30 minutes later it was in our possession. Fantastic service and she wouldn't take anything for doing it.
This was a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us and it is unlikely we will ever be able to return, but we will remember our visit to CBR forever.
I'm glad you had such a great time in WDW. That was great of CBR to get your husband that towel. A little magic on your trip. I do hope you get to go back someday. But at least this trip was memorable.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #3761
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Wow omalleycat! What a vacation! Glad you had such a wonderful time

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
Old 10-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #3762
lisam427
DIS Veteran

omalleycat thank you for the review. i am so glad you had a great time!! thanks for posting. it makes me look forward to next september even more!!!

Old 10-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #3763
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalleycat View Post

Wow that was a long stay!! Sounds like it was as close to perfect as you can get. I agree - CBR is one of the most beautiful resorts WDW has to offer. We have enjoyed our 3 stays there!! That is awesome what they did for your DH. Glad you had such a nice trip. Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #3764
DiscoMinnieMouse
Earning My Ears

We just returned from CBR - Sept. 22-29. It was great! When I checked in the custom house smelled like coconuts, and the gift shop smelled floral, in a good way, but the coconut was better. The room was comfortable for our family - 2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant, and now that I've stayed here again (haven't been to CBR in 12 years, all other stays have been at All Stars, Pop Century or Polynesian) I think I would find the Value Resort rooms to be too small. The room was clean, but we thought the outside could have been better maintained - things like dirty walls, dirty walkways - quite honestly I thought the Values are better maintained in that regard!

We also got some not so stellar customer service at the food court a couple times - it's disappointing just because we expect a certain level of service from Disney. For example, upon check in at 7:30 am, I requested a crib. We went out to the parks and returned to unload our luggage at 3:00 pm. No crib. I called the front desk and asked that they send a crib, I had already requested one that morning and on my reservation. We went back out and returned at 11:00pm. No crib again!!!! Luckily, it only took them 15 minutes to get us one, but I don't understand why I had to request it so many times.

The pool area is great, and I love the kids play area. The beaches are beautiful. We drove, and the parking was so convenient compared to Pop Century or Polynesian! We just got the standard room, and my daughter loved the Nemo theme. The food court had lots of good options - I liked the Caribbean Jerk Chicken sandwich - and the gift shop was nice and large with good selections. All in all, a great trip at a good resort.

Me (38) DH (39) DD (6) DS (1)
Old 10-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #3765
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoMinnieMouse View Post
We also got some not so stellar customer service at the food court a couple times - it's disappointing just because we expect a certain level of service from Disney. For example, upon check in at 7:30 am, I requested a crib. We went out to the parks and returned to unload our luggage at 3:00 pm. No crib. I called the front desk and asked that they send a crib, I had already requested one that morning and on my reservation. We went back out and returned at 11:00pm. No crib again!!!! Luckily, it only took them 15 minutes to get us one, but I don't understand why I had to request it so many times.
If it is not too big of a hassle, walk down to the front desk when you need something brought to your room asap. Otherwise you are calling a call center, and not really calling the front desk. They just act like they are the front desk, and then pass your message along.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: