Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #2356
FaerieFire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles
I never venture into the controversial threads on these boards but stupid me wandered into the child harness thread. Now I'm kinda fuming. Need to stay here in the resort section where its safe.
I got in that one early... My experience with my godson and the negative comments makes it a hot-button issue. (I actually won an award for that column.) Dare I ask which side you were on? LOL I'm staying out of it at this point. I offered my experience to the OP, and she can do what she wants with it.

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-12 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

ASMu-4/11, AoA-LM-11/12
Living the life!
FaerieFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #2357
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
I never venture into the controversial threads on these boards but stupid me wandered into the child harness thread. Now I'm kinda fuming. Need to stay here in the resort section where its safe.
It's wild how people have gotten on that thread! I read it once because we were considering bringing ours for DD2 again. We took it with us on the last trip and it was great, but she was not quite 2 years old when we went and had a tendency to try to run off. She loved it and the best part was when we went to the Monsters Inc Scare Floor and they were pointing out people in the crowd and they spotlighted her and said "She was so excited to come here she parachuted in!"

DD2 is going to be 4 on this trip and she can still be a handful and not wanting to hold hands often, so we're considering bringing it again. My wife doesn't think we'll need it but I'm undecided on it. I think we'll bring it and likely not use it.

On another note, I called Disney yesterday and requested to be in either the Ariel or Triton buildings at AoA LM. I told them that my girls were afraid and they laughed and said they would take note of it. I know it's a sold out week so I'm hoping they can accommodate me, so we'll make due if they can't.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #2358
Tulles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerieFire View Post
I got in that one early... My experience with my godson and the negative comments makes it a hot-button issue. (I actually won an award for that column.) Dare I ask which side you were on? LOL I'm staying out of it at this point. I offered my experience to the OP, and she can do what she wants with it.

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-12 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)
I'm totally for them. Had one for my son and will be using it for my daughter this trip. She's 4 and just learned to walk about 8 months ago. She also doesn't speak yet and will wander. I made a comment that I'd rather have her safely beside me and ignore the ignorant people and their comments.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #2359
FaerieFire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles

I'm totally for them. Had one for my son and will be using it for my daughter this trip. She's 4 and just learned to walk about 8 months ago. She also doesn't speak yet and will wander. I made a comment that I'd rather have her safely beside me and ignore the ignorant people and their comments.
We're in agreement on that...

ASMu-4/11, AoA-LM-11/12
Living the life!
FaerieFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #2360
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
What is AAA Wishes viewing? We're going thru AAA, also.
AAA Wishes viewing is for those who booked through AAA it is located next to the Wishes Dessert Party, you need to make a reservation to get in, you can make it up to 180 days in advance.

You can call 407 -939 - 7946 to make a ressie you will need your reservation # from your AAA paperwork, This is 1st come availability so I would strongly suggest to call right away, there will be a voucher for it once your packet from AAA arrives, but most likely will not have anymore availability by the time the packet comes

Also there is AAA Storytime that is held in Innovations East , it is very limited (maybe 25 families tops) where a Character comes in and reads a story and has a private meet & greet with the kids, so far we have had Mary Poppins, Alice & Snow White, I have heard sometimes Alladin also does it
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 09-30-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #2361
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

good morning all

only 34 days until we are in the world!! Still no mickey mail..getting nervous
Old 10-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #2362
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
That is very nice! How did you do the embroidery work? You really did a beautiful job with it. I'm going to start working on our shirts again tomorrow.
I'm very new to the world of embroidery...so I'm not sure what you mean by how did I do it. I have a machine and it pretty much does all the work. lol

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney mom of 6 View Post
That sweatshirt is very cute! I am packing t-shirts, long sleeve t-shirts and sweatshirts. We will do the layering thing if need be. We will also have pants and shorts. I plan on doing laundry at some point.
Thanks! I don't want to do laundry on vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Looks like you put your new machine to good use!! That is adorable! Yeh, hope it is only needed for the AC!!!
Thanks! Yep, nice and cool, but not cold.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #2363
vleeth
I heart Disney

Oh and guess what.............................................. .....................................

We're going to Disney next month!!!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #2364
Tulles
Mouseketeer

My ticker says 1 month, 1 week and 1 day. So cool!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #2365
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
So, first of all, little baby Caroline is not coming home any time soon.

DH and I are at POP Nov 28 - Dec 6th. Maybe we'll see you too! I've got some Disney Christmas window clings that I hope I remember to take. Took them one year and never got them on the windows! I'll have a LGMH on my purse and my backpack.
So sorry she did not get to come home. Its great her breathing is on track. I'll keep praying. I hope you get to hold her some while visiting.

You arrive on my birthday. It would be nice to meet. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
morning all

we are at 35 days..still no mickey mail. ordering photopass this week. Feels like its coming so fast and still tons to do.

what is on everyone elses to do list
Still working on shirts, order photo pass plus, pack pack pack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney View Post
Happy Sunday everyone!!

What a day yesterday with all the girls getting primped and all dolled up for homecoming yesterday, it was busy!! But they all had such a wonderful time and they all looked AMAZING and so BEAUTIFUL!! Thought I would share a picture with you all of the girls. Mine is the one in the dark blue dress with 1/2 sleeve. Hope you like it. Have a great day all!!
Very pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBarlans View Post
We'll be there Nov. 15-21st. Just paid off today-can't wait!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
I finished another dress. This one will definately be for Chef Mickey Brunch but may also be worn to a park. I haven't decided on my last 2 park days yet.

Alice my 2 year old was in a much more cooperative mood for picture taking today. This will also be her Halloween costume with her yellow crocs and Mickey ears.
What a sweetie! Love the dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
Sorry about that. I read your other post so I know this is okay to say but we have used one. I used one 24yrs ago with my then 2yrold. I plan on bringing mine for my two year old in case we neet it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Oh and guess what.............................................. .....................................

We're going to Disney next month!!!
Yay!!!!!!!

disney mom of 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #2366
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Hi everyone! Sorry ive been MIA lately! I have been reading just not too much posting :/

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #2367
CarolinaMomOf3boys
I stepped onto the grass on the other side; it wasn't any greener, just different.......A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle......I wasn't born a princess, but if the tiara fits......

we leave in 43 days
but I am second guessing all of my ADRs

My Magical Surprise of a LIFETIME POST trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1936235
T-shirts, invitations and goody bags I have made for my surprise trip!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1864352
Epcot Passports Completed!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1882833
CarolinaMomOf3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #2368
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

We are 31 days out, and......

MICKEY MAIL CAME TODAY!!!!!

Now it seems really real!!
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #2369
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie View Post

Thats awesome!!!!
I still have 23 days to wait for that!

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #2370
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie View Post

Can someone explain Mickey Mail to me? I think it is for people staying onsite and I am not.... just curious what you get!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: