Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #31
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Leah was a good little trooper while getting her haircut! The MK Barbershop might be just the thing for our family gathering next year. We'll have two great nephews who will just under 13 months of age, so it might be time for a first haircut. And if they aren't ready, we'll have a set of twin great nephews that will be almost age 2.5, and they probably will need a haircut.

Thanks for posting your photos and videos!
Old 07-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #32
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
Leah was a good little trooper while getting her haircut! The MK Barbershop might be just the thing for our family gathering next year. We'll have two great nephews who will just under 13 months of age, so it might be time for a first haircut. And if they aren't ready, we'll have a set of twin great nephews that will be almost age 2.5, and they probably will need a haircut.

Thanks for posting your photos and videos!
The baby's first haircut books up well in advance just like dining!! Call at your 180 mark to make an appointment!!! Their prices are pretty good too. If I had gotten my sons haircut it would have only been $15..that's decent. They had some regulars waiting at the door right after we walked in. Then the chairs filled up and they were on a wait...very popluar place!

Everyone in there was so sweet and I'm so happy we waited!!!!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #33
supersuperwendy

Day 4 part 2

Day 4 part 2 - only in two parts because my son was begging for the computer the other day!!!

After Phils depature we made our way to the boat dock. It was a beautiful evening and my mom was so excited to have my brother along! He was a little nervous about using Phil's ticket but I told him not to worry. While I was in bag check he made his way though the turnstile perfectly. We got to Main Street and Angela stopped us to take a picture. She wanted to update the one my dad took in 1986! I'm waiting for her to email it to me.

Here's the original...

Whatever happened to the trees in front of the castle?

updated version!

We had a quick chat to decide which way to go. Everyone opted for BTMRR. Lauren ran ahead to get fastpasses. As the rest of us walked we stopped for a pic...poor Lauren is missing from so many pictures.

She followed instructions perfectly and met us at Pirates of the Caribbean. There was no line and we got right into a boat!! After pirates we could use our fastpasses at BTMRR. My dad took Leah and went to Fantasyland to take her on the merry go round. He was going to meet us at It's a Small World.

We got in the fastpass line which moved so fast!!! I really think enforcing the return times has made fastpass so much more efficient.

It was so fun!!! I think it feels faster at night!! My mom came off and said NO MORE! She said that was the last roller coaster for her for the rest of her life. She felt a little whip lashed.

After BTMRR Lauren ran over to get Jungle Cruise fp and met us at IASW. My dad arrived with Leah at just about the same time Lauren came with the fastpasses! There was a bit of a line for It's a Small World but we didn't mind. These were the kinds of things Bill and Angela wanted to do..the classics! After IASW the kids got Dibbs from an ice cream cart and started to make our way back to adventureland. This became tricky! The hub was PACKED since it was nearly time for the magic memories and you and MSEP. We should have gone back through Liberty Square...duh!!! Oh well... we made it to Jungle Cruise and got Phils favorite skipper!!! If possible try to get Jeremiah! He's sooo funny! After Jungle my parents found a table near the sunshine tree terrace and got some drinks. The kids and I cut through the walkway to Frontierland because the Main Street Electrical Parade was coming! We had a pretty good view and watched the whole thing! Mid way through Bill and Angela joined us and they really liked it!

After the parade everyone was hungry so we went to Pecos Bill. The kids ordered a bunch of different items like chili, corn on the cob, onion rings etc. By the time we finished eating Leah was a mess. She was soooo tired and this was by far her latest night out. I needed to get her to bed. MK had evening EMH and I wanted to spend it with the kids and with Bill and Angela it would have awesome. But I had to get leah in bed. Lauren and Darren still wanted to do stuff so they left to ride Splash Mountain. My parents and Bill and Angela still weren't quite ready to leave so I'm not sure what they did next. Ashley came with me and we left the park. Since WISHES had just ended and there was a mass exodus from the park I figured the line for the boat would have been long. I was totally suprised to be the second people in line and hardly anyone behind us! Leah was sound asleep in her stroller when the boat arrived. Ashley was a huge help and held her for me while I managed the stroller. I talked to my mom and they had planned to come back and babysit and ashley and I would return to MK. Instead once I got to the room I was so tired too! I needed to pack up again since we were moving to SSR. Plus...the kids had their YES class in the morning. I called Lauren and told her and Darren to catch the boat back as well. My parents got back and Bill was already gone. We got our bags packed up and went to bed!

We were so sad that Phil was gone. Oh and poor Phil...his flight was delayed! He had to work in the morning so after his late flight and two hour drive home from Atlantic City he was exhausted for work on Monday.

Next up Day 5....Exploring Careers in Marine Science!

Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Last edited by supersuperwendy; 09-16-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #34
supersuperwendy

Day 5 ...YES class and SSR!

June 18, 2012

I set an early alarm for the 18th. The girls were having their Disney Youth Education Series class that morning at Epcot. I woke them up and they got dressed nice and quickly. Darren and Leah got to sleep in! We were already packed up for our move to SSR so I left our bags by the door. My parents were going to call Bell Services to get everything before they headed out. The girls and I left to catch an early bus to Epcot. The bus stop was packed! I thought oh man I hope they aren't going to Epcot too lol. They were all going to early EMH at AK. We were the only people on the Epcot bus!

We had to report to the flagpole outside of the main gate by 8:30am. We got there with plenty of time to spare so we grabbed some goodies from the coffee stand near the monorail entrance. I had to the most delicious apple turnover...omg it was GREAT!!! Sadly though the coffee was AWFUL. I threw it away after a few sips. Before we knew it there was a lot of other kids and parents waiting too. This was the "Making Waves with a Marine Career" class. It was for ages 12-17 and since Ashley was only 12 I needed to be her chaperone! I'm soooo happy I got to join them! A nice girl came out with a clip board and started checking everyone in and dividing us into groups. We were given the nicest man and I wish I could remember his name right now! I do know he's a musician by trade and actor too he said. We were all given headsets to wear to hear him better. The kids were to stay at the front of the group with us parents to the rear. The other parents were awesome. There was a dad who works about 1/2 from my house and another mom who's a school bus driver like me. There were a few more moms and they were so cool too. The tour started and we walked to the Seas with Nemo and Friends pavilion. I still like to call it The Living Seas! We started in the usual areas that all guests see and he discussed what kind of jobs went into creating the aquarium. After a bit we moved to backstage areas!!! It was AMAZING! First stop was a locking box. We all had to put in every accessory on our body from cell phones to cameras, earrings, purses, sunglasses etc. Then we went to the top of the tanks! It's so cool up there! We could look down and watch the fish and dolphins. We then went to another backstage area....if you ever look into the dolphin tank you can see a net to the far side with other dolphins behind it..we were back there! There's a separate tank for dolphin research. They had tons of pvc pipe in various shapes on the wall. They use them to test the dolphins sonar abilities. It was amazing! Next we got to see some manatees they were treating for injuries. They are a manatee rehabilitation center and had two that were injured by boat propellers. What gentle creatures they were! The poor things had injured fins.
All the while our guide was posing great questions to the kids. Then we went outside. Behind the pavilion is a HUGE wooden tank. They use it for sharks who need special attention and other things too. We saw the huge water filters used to keep the water clean. Did you know that 80% of the water in the aquarium right now is the original water from 1986???? It's true!! We got to visit the control room. We met the man in charge of everything to do with the water purity. They also control the fish pond in Japan at Epcot and Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon. He said AK also has a control center of their own. If you've ever watched LOST...this control room felt very Dharma like!! haha It had a nice new computer but the rest was straight out of the early 80s!! We went back inside to the public areas. They were put into little groups and did a project involving a paper, pen and a timer. What exactly they did I'm not sure lol. Next time you are walking around the pavilion look for some randomly placed gray benches. We all sat down there and met a marine professional. I wish I could remember his position. Everything he said was very interesting. After that a potty break! Next we went backstage again then into the most beautiful VIP lounge. This was a gorgous room used for private events and meetings. It has an AMAZING view into the aquarium!!! It was better than any other view point...hands down. The kids were grouped again and sat down at a large conference table. The other parents and I just stared at the amazing view!!! Each group was given a sheet telling about an ill marine animal. They had to diagnose and come up with a treatment plan for the animal. Once they were done they each did their presentation. I was very impressed! They all did so well!!! We were supposed to watch Turtle Talk with Crush at then end of the tour but it was packed. We all said it was no biggie to skip it and the tour was over (around 11am). We returned our headsets and said our goodbyes. It was absolutely one of the best things I've ever experienced in all my years of visiting WDW. My girls really enjoyed it too and would like to try another YES class in the future!

Lauren took some nice photos that morning!

We headed toward the exit and I gave my mom a call. They were just parking and would be meeting us by spaceship earth in a little while. We took a walk over to club cool before making our way to spaceship earth. There was a huge line at bag check so I knew there was extra time so the girls went to try Sum of all Thrills but came back pretty quickly..they said the line was LONG. After a little while my parents came with Leah and Darren! Leah was very excited to see us! We were STARVING and decided to try Katsura for lunch. My dad was still hurting from when he fell at BLT. I found out he didn't just twist his ankle he actually tripped over Leah's folded up stroller and hit the ground hard. Since he was walking so slow my parents headed towards Japan right away. Ashley and Darren saw Stitch and went over for some autographs!

Leah was crying BIG TIME because she wanted me to carry her. I kept her in the stroller so we could cover more ground faster. I know how much she loves Figment so we took a pit stop at the imagination pavilion. One ride on Figment and she was cured of her crying! There was no getting her back in the stroller though so we let her walk.

We stopped for a picture on the way to Japan!

My parents got us a table and already orderd by the time we got there. I ordered our lunch and had sticker shock! It was over $60 for me and the kids!!! Ashley knew Myuki was going to start her demo any minute so she and Darren chowed down quickly and ran downstairs. She did a great demonstration and said she no longer hands the candy out but takes it to a local hospital. We thought that was very nice. My mom suggested they go inside to do Ashley's Pick a Pearl. My mom had given her a certifcate on her Bday at BLT!

Ashley had been wanting to do this for years so she was very excited!

I took some video with my phone!
Pick a Pearl at Epcot! <--------Click Here!

After we were done at Japan we went back over to France to see if the movie was working....it was! Lauren decided she didn't want to watch it and would rather work on her duffy and get it stamped at each country. So she headed off for her own world showcase adventure. There was still about 10 minutes till the next showing so Ashley had time to meet Marie!!

Marie was excited to see she had her own page in Ashley's book!

It was time for the movie! We got great seats in the middle of the theater. As soon as it started Leah was enthralled! She thought she was on a ride! It is an amazing film and I can't wait to see it again. After the movie my mom got a table in the gift shop and my dad went into the bakery for coffee. Lauren met up with us and I suggested the kids hop over to Animal Kingdom. They had yet to see it this trip and with my dad in slow motion there was no need to hang around with us. They said goodbye and headed off for some fun! I told them I would text them our location and room number at SSR. My dad was really hurting so we decided it was a good idea to go check in at SSR. On the way out Leah and I stopped for a picture in front of her favorite things to say...

SPACESHIP EARF !

I took the keys to the van and started walking across the blazing hot parking lot. My parents waited for the tram. Leah and I got started up the air conditioner in the van and waited for my parents. They arrived at the van within a few moments and we were off! We were on our way to Saratoga Springs! I was very excited about staying at SSR again. It was Ashley's resort of choice since it was her birthday visit!

We got to SSR around 3 and were hoping our room would be ready. Lucky for us it was!!! The reservation was back in my name so no problems with check in. I had requested Congress Park and that's what we got. I knew my parents would like the theming of the resort since they are into horse racing. We were on the 4th floor and would have had a DTD view if not for the huge tree blocking the view! My parents LOVED how convenient the parking was at Saratoga as compared to the other two resorts. We entered the room and I was stunned!!! We were given a newly refurbished room! From the earliest released info about the refurb I didn't think I was gonna like it...but I did!

I did a room tour of the new room!
Refurbished Two Bedroom Villa at Saratoga Springs!<----click here!

We called Bell Services and our bags arrived in no time by a super friendly CM! My mom was dying for an iced cold drink so I inquired where the ice machine was located. Instead of just telling me he took the bucket and fetched the ice for us!!! He was soooo nice! The kids were still having fun at AK so I told them to take their time and where the room was. My mom said they were going to take a trip to the grocery store so we made a list of stuff to get. She planned on making chili for dinner!!! yummy!

The kids came back and while my parents were out we went to check out the paddock pool. It was a nice early evening walk to the paddock...except for the tons and tons of gnats along the walkway! The pool wasn't too crowded and felt great. Leah and I played along the zero entry portion and the big kids went directly to the water slide. I met a nice mom and chatted for a while. It was a great relaxing end to our amazing day! I took Leah back with Darren and the girls stayed a little longer. The chili was ready and smelled wonderful!!! We all ate a nice dinner and it was bubbly bubbly bath time for Leah. She LOVES whirlpool tubs! I got her in bed and I took the older kids to DTD. My first stop..the christmas shop to browse!!! My friend had asked me to find her a cute antenna topper..I texted her this pick but she said no...

She wanted something more traditional. We next went to Once Upon a Toy and I got a new box of potato head parts...some for me and some for leah! I have a Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head couple on my entertainment center! I like to change their outfits!! Leah has a nice bucket of parts that she likes to play with. Darren had money burning a hole in his pocket but he couldn't decide what he wanted. We went over to The World of Disney and walked around. My other best friend wanted matching Mickey and Minnie mugs for her and her new husband! I bought these!

It was nearly closing time in the Marketplace and Darren was still empty handed. I told him he still had plenty of days to find something he liked. We took the bus back to Congress Park. My parents were already sleeping it was late. I set up the sofa bed in the living room. I asked Lauren if she wanted to sleep with me since I had a huge king bed all to myself. So we snuck quietly into the room and went to sleep!!!

It was an wonderful day!!!!

Next up... Hollywood Studios!

DVC Members since 2008

Last edited by supersuperwendy; 09-17-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #35
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

we had to have been at SSR the same time. We were in CP also. We won't stay anywhere else....our saying is a bad view in CP is better than no CP at all. We were also in a recently refurbed room and while this is very petty...we noticed the carpet hadn't been tacked down properly amongst a few other minor things....so much for a refurb. We did like the new decor though.

[/IMG]
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #36
supersuperwendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellymouse View Post
we had to have been at SSR the same time. We were in CP also. We won't stay anywhere else....our saying is a bad view in CP is better than no CP at all. We were also in a recently refurbed room and while this is very petty...we noticed the carpet hadn't been tacked down properly amongst a few other minor things....so much for a refurb. We did like the new decor though.
I noticed that too...the rug seemed loose. My dad HATED the sofa. I did think it was nice and bright though. We love CP. The location really is so great. It's such a short walk over the bridge to carriage house or straight ahead down a path to the paddock or a walk to DTD. Can't be beat!!!!
DVC Members since 2008

Old 07-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #37
homeatssr
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=supersuperwendy;45454347] Hi neighbor!!! Thanks for reading along!! Where in Delaware County are you? Where in Chester County is your sister? I'm in Malvern!!!

We're in Brookhaven. My husband used to work in Malvern. My sister lives in Oxford! Our computer was down for a while, so I'm glad to be able to return to reading Trip Reports!! Our first DVC stay is 109 days away!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #38
supersuperwendy

[QUOTE=homeatssr;45577685]
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
Hi neighbor!!! Thanks for reading along!! Where in Delaware County are you? Where in Chester County is your sister? I'm in Malvern!!!

We're in Brookhaven. My husband used to work in Malvern. My sister lives in Oxford! Our computer was down for a while, so I'm glad to be able to return to reading Trip Reports!! Our first DVC stay is 109 days away!!!
It is a small world afterall...! We used to shop at save a lot in brookhaven lol and my parents used to live in Oxford!!!

Your first dvc is coming up....yayyyy
DVC Members since 2008

Old 08-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #39
supersuperwendy

It's been weeks since I posted an update!!! I will work on it tonight while watching the Olympics!!!

Still to come....

Hollywood Studios - first time seeing Beauty and the Beast!!!
DVC Members since 2008

Old 08-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #40
nutz2notz
Mouseketeer

Great report. Looking forward to more.

June 2013: OKW
December 2012: SSR June 2012: OKW
March 2011: OKW First Solo
Janaury 2011: SSR then AKV Kidani
January 2010: Grand Californian
December 2007: SSR
January 2007: SSR
January 1996: Offsite
nutz2notz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #41
supersuperwendy

Day 6 - 6/19/12

Day 6 June 19, 2012

The kids and I woke up to breakfast cooking by my dad once again. It was so nice to have them cooking for us! My parents plan was to lounge around SSR that day and my brother was possibly going to join them. I decided to take the kids to DHS. We had only stopped there for a short time on Phil's last day. We had a plan of certain things to see and to take our time. It was a beautiful morning (sunny, low 80s, breezy) and we were excited. The evening before DHS had EMH so I thought perhaps the park wouldn't be crowded in the morning. We arrived shortly after rope drop and started our day!

We checked the mobile magic app and saw that TSM still had fastpasses available so Lauren ran ahead to get some. We met up at the Great Movie Ride. We kindly asked the CM if we could have the western scene and she said yes! My kids had only ever seen the gangsters so they were super excited!

Here's a video of the western scene!
Great Movie Ride<----- click here!

After the great movie ride we checked the times guide and saw it was nearly show time for Beauty and the Beast!!

We walked over to the outdoor theater and parked the stroller. It looked like a huge crowd waiting to enter but once we got inside there were tons of great seats to pick from. We sat on the left side along the staircase and had a perfect view. None of us had ever watched this show. I was VERY excited!. While we waited for the show to start we had a nice chat with the family behind us. They didn't understand fastpass so after a quick explanation their teens ran and got RnR fastpasses. They were so thankful for our help! The show started and I honestly got chills! It was WONDERFUL. Leah sat so nicely and watched the entire thing which was great. I've heard rumors that this show may be removed...that would make me sad. If you've never taken the time to see it.. plan to see it on your next visit. I didn't take any photos or video so I'm posting a link to someone elses video... check it out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKS-u...eature=related

After beauty and the beast we stopped at Toluca Legs and got some turkey legs. The kids loved these! I wanted to take Leah to see Disney Junior Live on Stage so we went and sat down in line. We were the first people and quite early, but I didn't mind. Ashley stayed with me and Leah... Lauren and Darren went to ride Star Tours. Lauren took this picture of Darren with our hero!...

After a bit the line built up behind us and it was showtime! Since Leah was first in line they took us around to the doors and had her shout Meeska Mooska Mickey Mouse and the music started the doors opened! She was given the front and center space on the floor. (this was a mistake!). My poor baby couldn't see anything that was happening on stage. Now we know it's better to sit in the back of the theater.

We met back up with Lauren and Darren and grabbed some RnR fastpasses. There was still some time to kill before TSM so we got in line for the backlot tour. I hadn't ridden the tour in YEARS and I was honestly so dissapointed. Residential street was gone, the live narration was gone, the bulldog cafe was gone...blah.

Leah was getting hungry so I took her to The Studio Catering Company with Lauren; Ashley and Darren went to play at the HISTK playset. I tried the buffalo chicken sandwich and it was good!!!

It was just about time to use our fastpasses which were within the same hour so we had to hustle! Ashley and Lauren took two RnR and ran over there. Leah, Darren and I went to TSM. I knew Leah would love this since she loves all things Toy Story. She sat between us and just looked around the whole time. After the ride we exited and found the girls waiting for us! They LOVED Rock n Roller Coaster... it was the first time either had been on it, and the first time they went upside down on a roller coaster! They were all smiles!!! They were going to take Leah on TSM with them and Darren and I headed for RnR. He wasn't nervous at all and the line moved so fast!!! It was AMAZING!!! He loved it!!! We were going to meet the girls at the corner of sunset and hollywood. The sign for ToT was tempting though.. only 20 min standby! But... he said he had enough thrills for the day and we left. It was a wonderful day at Disney's Hollywood Studios!!

My mom was making dinner for us that night which was great!!! We headed back to Saratoga Springs!! The kids ate quickly and went to High Rock Springs Pool. There was fun stuff going on and they stayed for hours!!!

I got leah all bathed and put her to bed around 8. The kids returned soon after and we decided to go to MK which was open till midnight! My mom didn't mind keeping an ear out for Leah so the bigs kids and I went out for some fun!!!

They hadn't been in the new storybook circus so went there first. There was NO line for Dumbo so we went there!!! They had never been on it before!! Through the years when they were younger I never wanted to wait in line for it lol

It was fun and Storybook Circus looks great at night!!! We rode the tomorrowland speedway also and went to frontierland to ride Splash and BTMRR. Park closing came all too quickly!!!

We got back to SSR and my parents were in bed too. We quietly got ready for bed ourselves and drifted off to sleep!!!

It was a FABULOUS day with the kids and I loved every minute we spent together!!!!

next up... AK!!!
DVC Members since 2008

Old 09-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #42
supersuperwendy

Day 7 - June 20, 2012

Day 7 started off pretty early again. My dad made breakfast for everyone and we all decided it was time to visit The Animal Kingdom! We hopped in my parents van and we were there in no time. We had missed rope drop by just a few minutes which was no problem because it wasn't crowded at all. Lauren was going to be our fastpass runner again so off she went to get safari fastpasses. We posed for a few pics at the front of the park....

Of course Leah wouldn't smile for the photographer!!!

Lauren snapped this on her way to the safari...

While Lauren was getting our safari fastpasses the rest of us headed to Expedition Everest. The park wasn't crowded so we decided to ride standby. My dad doesn't ride any roller coasters and my mom opted out so they took Leah for a walk. I took the older kids and they loved it. It was Darren's first time ever riding it and he really enjoyed it. I bought him a nice Expedition Everest T Shirt in the gift shop. My parents were waiting outside and said they would start walking to the safari with Leah and Darren. Lauren, Ashley and I ran to get Dinosaur fastpasses since our return window for the safari had just started. We got over there and dinoland was a ghost town! There really was no need to get fastpasses, but we debated it since we weren't sure what it would be like later in the afternoon. The CM standing there said here ya go and handed us fastpasses!!!! It was great so we planned to get Kali fastpasses instead. Lauren and Ashley dashed off to Kali and I walked to Harambe. My parents were there waiting and we got Leah a snack while we waited. They arrived within about 7 minutes and we got in line for the safari. The animals were mostly sleeping, but thats ok. The safari is always great!!!

After the safari we got Leah back into her stroller and my parents headed off with her. It was time for our Kali fastpasses!!! The big kids and I ran over to Kali and got on the ride in NO TIME. Of course I was the unlucky one to be backwards on the drop! I WAS DRENCHED!!! Good thing I carry a ziplock sandwich bag for my cell phone!!! I was getting hungry so I got a side of chicken fried rice at Yak n Yeti cafe to share with Darren and Ashley got egg rolls. Lauren really wanted Pizzafari. We got a text from my parents that they were at pizzafari..perfect!!! We walked over there, but didn't see them anywhere and of course my phone died!!! When I ordered her pizza I was saying how I was thirsty and the CM gave me a free coke!!! haha so sweet!!!
We sat down so she could eat then headed to Festival of the Lion King. We found my parents and got in line for the show. My parents had never watched it before and I was excited for them and Leah to see it. It was amazing as always!!! After the show we went into Dinoland. My parents found a table and parked themselves. The big kids and I went on Dinosaur and my dad took Leah on Triceratop Spin. Then the big kids rode Primevil Whirl. It was Wednesday and Lauren REALLY wanted to go to Welcome Home Wednesday. My parents were ready to leave so they took the other kids back to SSR to swim. Lauren and I should have had them drop us at the boardwalk, but silly us got in line for the bus. Oh my it took FOREVER!!! We got off at the Swan and RAN like crazy to atlantic dance. We were only a few minutes late and were still able to get our snack and drink. It was fun, I liked the new format. Lots of people got to play the games and receive pins. We were given nice black hats with the new logo on our way out. I asked the CM if I could have some for my kids who were swimming. She was sweet and said sure!! So I got hats for all of us!! Lauren and I decided to walk through Epcot and catch the SSR bus. Just as we reached Seabreeze Pointe it started to pour rain. We got out our ponchos and kept walking. It was miserable!!! We stopped in France for a coffee. It was nice to have some alone time with my oldest daughter!!! We passed a coffee stand that sold the same apple turnover as I had the day before so of course I had to have one!! We then braved the rain and stopped at Mouse Gear (our favorite store!). We then rode spaceship Earth and I ate my pastry! Finally we caught the bus back to SSR and it stopped raining. Ashley and Darren were at High Rock Spring and Leah was playing with her toys. We had leftovers for dinner. Its so great having a kitchen on vacation!! Leah had her bath and was in bed by 7:30. My dad and I took a ride to Publix for some more water and other things. I picked up some frozen pizzas to make the following night. The two of us got lost on our way back to the hotel. It was pretty funny and we kept laughing!!! We finally got back around the same time the kids came back from the pool. Everyone got showered and went to bed. It was a really wonderful day!!!

Next up.... DHS - Mama Melrose, MK and goodbyes!!!

DVC Members since 2008

Old 09-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #43
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I'm enjoying reading your report, Wendy!

Bobbi

bobbiwoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #44
supersuperwendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I'm enjoying reading your report, Wendy!

Bobbi

Thanks for reading along Bobbi..!!!
DVC Members since 2008

Old 10-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #45
supersuperwendy

Day 8 - June 21, 2012

Day 8 stated off again just like all the rest!! My dad made breakfast for everyone!!! I had no set agenda for that day at all. My parents said they really wanted to visit Hollywood Studios and my daughters wanted to check out Typhoon Lagoon. I had already been to DHS that week, but didn't mind seeing it again with my parents. The girls got ready and were heading out the door in no time for the waterpark!!! My son wanted to go with them, but I think he's too young so he had to stay with me.. he was mad lol

Here's a few pics from their day!

(They said it was great and actually preferred it over blizzard beach!!)

The girls would stop by their locker every so often and send me a text so we could keep in touch throughout the day.

So the rest of us got ready and headed out to their van. It was so nice not having to wait for a bus!! There was contsruction going on near the park entrance so it took a long time to get into the parking lot!! We got parked and we plopped Leah in her stroller and walked to the tram station. There were so many people waiting and it was way on the other side. I decided to walk. My parents waited for the tram which was fine.

Here's a map of the parking lot so can envision what I'm saying!!!

The yellow dot is where we parked..the yellow line is where my parents waited for the tram. Once they boarded the tram it looped around the top of the lot and headed along the opposite side of the median towards the main entrance.

Darren, Leah and I walked directly to the left of the tram station..that's the light blue line I drew. Well to our nice surprise once we got down to the end there as a sidewalk under the trees which we followed and came to a building with bathrooms!! yayy potty break!! Then.. There was ONE lonely guard at a bag check table!! He checked our stuff in a matter of seconds and we were waiting for my parents on the other side of the gate!!! They departed the tram and got stuck in a long line at the regular bag check!!!

So the lesson is... stay on my side of the median to get a shorter bag check!!

My parents made it through the gate and I ran off to get RnRC fastpasses for me and darren!! I met up with them at The Great Movie Ride. The line went quickly which was great!!! Gangsters!!!

I wanted them to try the new Star Tours so we walked that way. They got in standby and we got a rider switch pass since Leah was too small. The kids and I went to check out Phineas and Ferb!! Darren had his autograph book so he got in line. I kept Leah occupied by showing her the muppets fountain. She had been splashing with her finger tips and it was so cute. But..by the time I grabbed by video camera she stopped lol..

Here's the little video I shot..

Leah at the Muppets Fountain <--------Click Here!!!

I walked back to check on Darren's progress in line and it still looked like it would be at least 20 min. He said he was ok with waiting. So Leah and I took a walk to Mama Melrose. I was in the mood for some real food not counter service. The hostess was very nice and said they could take us for lunch but our whole party needed to be together. I said ok no problem. It was just starting to drizzle when I walked out of the restaurant. By the time I reached Darren is was lightly raining. They took Phineas and Ferb backstage and closed the line. He never got to meet them. I checked my phone and realized I missed a text from my mom! They were done on star tours and were at Backlot Express!!! I called right away and said NO - DON'T ORDER!! I told them to start walking towards star tours and we met up by the gift shop. I told them about Mama Melrose and they tought that sounded good!!! Plus..it was raining pretty hard so a break sounded great!!! We walked back in and it was more crowded than earlier. The same hostess was there and I said our whole party was together and asked if we could still be walk ins. She was so nice and seated us right away. She actually thanked me for being so nice!! She said so many people get angry and yell when they are told they need their whole party to be seated. She was such a sweet lady, I couldn't imagine yelling at her!!! We were seated in the back of the restaurant nearly where I sat with Michelle in 2010!!! I'm almost positive I had the same server again too!! I ordered the pepperoni and sausage flatbread, I forget what Darren ordered, Leah had a kids meal that she barely touched!! She was more interested in the little girl at the next table!! My parents shared the antipasto for two and I think shared an entree. We all really enjoyed our lunch!

After lunch we walked over to The Muppets!! There was actually a LINE. I was shocked!! I'm guessing since the new movie came out there has been a resurgence of muppet interest. We didn't have to wait too long and got great seats in the middle of the theather. Leah once again sat so nicely and watched the whole thing! After the muppets Darren and I ran ahead to Star Tours and my parents got Leah back into her stroller. He and I also had RnRC fastpasses to use!!! My mom didn't want to stay at the park too long since Bill and Angela were stopping by that evening. It was our final day in Orlando and they wanted to say goodbye. So after the roller coaster we left and headed back to Saratoga Springs. The girls were nearly finished at the water park and were going to be back at the room soon after. I spent some time doing laundry..(I always wash it all before packing so it's clean when we get home!!). I got us pretty much all packed up and placed our luggage by the front door. It was late afternoon and the girls were back. I suggested we go to MK for a few final rides!!! I forgot to mention!!! My DVC guide had left fastpass cards for us the dvc preview center. So the kids and I wanted to use them at MK!!! My brother was still a few hours from visiting so off we went! My parents stayed at SSR to pack up too and wait for Bill.

The kids and I were on a MK bus in no time!! I love making MK our last park of the trip. We decided to take Leah to ride Dumbo!! There was no line!!

Leah's First Ride on Dumbo!<----Click Here!

She wanted to play at the Casey Jr. water play area so I told Ash and Darren to jump on the train and go over to Frontierland and ride BTMRR! So off they went!! Lauren and I were going to ride after them.

Casey Jr. Play and Soak!!<----Click Here!

Lauren really wanted Leah to play in the water so she had an excuse to get wet!!! But Leah just wanted to walk around instead!!

So we waited and waited and waited for Ash and Darren to return. In the meantime my parents were texting me that my brother was there and to come back. Around 7:45 they finally stepped off the train. It took WAY longer then I had though it would!! I guess the fastpasses that printed out weren't immediate so they waited a bit for the ride time to roll around!

I called my mom and told her we were running really late. My brother said no worries...don't rush back because they weren't staying very long. He knows we are there to see them at least once a year so we'll be seeing him again soon!!! So...the kids and I decided to stay longer!! We might as well have..we had a fastpass card!!

We went over to Space Mountain and got our fastpasses. The girls rode first while Darren and I took Leah on TTA. He took a picture!!

Then we switched off and the girls took Leah on TTA while Darren and I rode space mountain!!

Of course Ashley took a self pic!!

We used up all the fastpasses on some other stuff like Winnie the Pooh. It was starting to get dark and we decided to say goodbye to the Magic Kingdom. On the way out we said.."see you next year" to the CM at the gate and they said "Bye!"

Ashley took this on our way out...

We got back to SSR and everyone was tired. We packed up my parents van since they were driving our stuff home. We got showered and in bed right away. Our DME bus was coming at 6:00 am!!! yikes! I hate early departures from WDW!!!

Day 8 was WONDERFUL. It was a great way to spend our last day. We had such a great trip. It was nice and long filled with special moments and celebrations. The best part about DVC is being able so share our vacations with friends and family. We loved spending the time with my parents and brother and Angela. The only downside was Phil had to work. We were so lucky he got be with us for 4 of the days though!!!

Next Up.... Going Home and final thoughts!

DVC Members since 2008

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: