Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #31
luvdzny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjantz View Post
I've not made the Dugger version but I have made one with cheddar cheese soup instead of the cream soups. Really good & now I'm craving it.
I have to try this!!!

luvdzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #32
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

Have only heard of this dish online. Have never seen it in person or know anyone who makes it or at least admits it. Guess it is not a New England staple.
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #33
luvsJack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakcp2001 View Post
You throw it in the crockpot. Beef, potatoes, carrots, celery, packet of Lipton beefy onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup. 8 hour later you have yummy potroast.

I am going to try the ground beef with onions, garlic, and green peppers. I am going to top that with the cheddar cheese soup, then the tots, then I will bake. I'll let you all know how it turns out. We are in a recipe rut, I am looking for a few new things to add to the rotation.

My biggest issue with the recipe sites is the reviews are crazy, people change the entire recipe and then say they didn't like the original that they in no way followed. And the Duggar tot recipe has a million great reviews, which seems unreal, there has to be someone that did not like it. That is why I asked here, people are more honest.
Try your pot roast with Golden Mushroom soup and French Onion Soup. REALLY good. Golden Mushroom is hard to find though, so I have used the French Onion and Cream of Mushroom. Still good.

10 pounds closer to Skinny Island!
luvsJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:11 AM   #34
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

We do it with cheddar cheese soup and frozen hash browns on top. Yum. Certainly not good for you, but real comfort food.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #35
gator75
DIS Veteran

I have never tried it and i hate tator tots so i never will try it , but i saw an episode a few weeks back and they where having company a couple they met in the nicu anyway they where going to have this hot dish and just a little head up if you go to the duggars you may be expected to make the meal, but anyway she was showing this girl they had over how to make it and it looked positively awful. Watching them use a mixer to mix the soups and whatnot made me want to crawl out of my skin.
gator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #36
scrapquitler
DIS Veteran

This recipe is not at all appealing to me, and I've watched them prepare and rave about it on the show. I wouldn't ever make it for my family because the only casserole type dish that anyone in my family will ever eat is lasagna I have three people in my house (not including me) who won't eat foods that touch other foods, so casseroles are a problem. Personally I don't do casseroles because I ate way too many of them consisting of a combination of whatever happened to be in the fridge, regardless of it 'going' together while I was growing up. As a teenager I told myself that I would NOT eat casseroles any more, and I don't.
scrapquitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #37
Kellydelly
DIS Veteran

I am a casserole lover, but this one isn't that great. I like everything in it, but it doesn't really work for me. I only cooked it one time for my family. My husband will eat anything, so he probably liked it.
Kellydelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: