Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #46
neeleyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolmomof4

I am right there with you! I don't post much, but this is my favorite thread on the boards. Everyone is so positive, friendly and helpful.

You picked an excellent week to go to Pop. We've done that same week there for the past 3 years. So much fun!!! The crowds are great and it's really festive in all the parks. You're going to have a blast! Are you going to do MVMCP?
I agree. Everyone is very knowledgeable and helpful. Thanks for your encouragement on our choice of week. We are SO excited!! Yes, we have tickets to MVMCP too! Our daughter, SIL and almost 3 yo grandson will all be there. Our son and DIL are also flying in to meet us. Everyone is staying at PoP.
neeleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #47
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Agree 100% ... I think us POPers are pretty special ...
Totally agree

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 04:17 AM   #48
MeMom
DIS Veteran

We will be at Pop October 5th through 13th. If anyone has any picture or information requests, let me know.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #49
apress
Mouseketeer

Returned Saturday night from our stay and already miss it. Pop was great, just minor issues but nothing that ruined the stay. Online check in worked great and the cm's were helpful. We booked the bounceback for next year, but kind of sad we will not be returning to Pop. Booked at Riverside because there are 5 of us and Pop is too expensive for 2 rooms. Oh well, at least we are going back (we usually go every 2 years, but after having some family drama, decided to go ahead and come back next year).
apress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #50
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith07101 View Post
45 days to go! I so need a vacation...looking forward to a fun trip and a much needed get away!
Will you be there for Thanksgiving??

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
Thank you, Janet B, for keeping this going! I'm sitting here, frustrated over a client project that has some issues (any Word experts out here?), but the thought of our trip -- a week from tomorrow! -- is keeping me from grumbling too loudly! And with any luck, I'll be going knowing that I'm starting a new job the next Monday.... keep your fingers crossed for me!
Erin!! That is great news on the job situation!! Here's plenty of for you!! If you still need help with the Word document, PM me, and I'll see if I can help... I use it everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We will be at Pop October 5th through 13th. If anyone has any picture or information requests, let me know.
MeMom!! Yes, if possible, can you take a pix of the road sign I'm missing .... see post 1 for the ones I have ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by apress View Post
Returned Saturday night from our stay and already miss it. Pop was great, just minor issues but nothing that ruined the stay. Online check in worked great and the cm's were helpful. We booked the bounceback for next year, but kind of sad we will not be returning to Pop. Booked at Riverside because there are 5 of us and Pop is too expensive for 2 rooms. Oh well, at least we are going back (we usually go every 2 years, but after having some family drama, decided to go ahead and come back next year).
Welcome back!! Hope that overall you enjoyed your stay at POP. Did you book FD for the BB? Did you run the numbers vs 2 rooms for 1 at POR? Depends too if you want the reg DP or happy with the QS ....however it works out, POP will always be there for your next trip.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #51
apress
Mouseketeer

Thanks, we did enjoy of stay, we always love staying at Pop. We did book the bounceback and with upgrading the dining it would be an extra $1000 to stay at Pop vs Riverside.
apress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #52
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by apress View Post
Thanks, we did enjoy of stay, we always love staying at Pop. We did book the bounceback and with upgrading the dining it would be an extra $1000 to stay at Pop vs Riverside.
Totally understand ... and of course length of stay factors in on $$

Just had to look at next year's rates and discovered something interesting ... This year POP is Value 2 for Aug 5-Sept 27 at 92/107 per night; and Fall starts Sept 28 at 100/115 per night ..

For 2013, POP is Value 2 Aug 4-Sept 14 at 100/120 ... the Fall rate starts 2 weeks earlier ... beginning Sept 15 at 108/128 per night. Don't think I looked at 2013 rates this closely yet ...

Conversely, POR Riverside is Value 1 from Aug 18-Sept 26 at 162/177 per night (these examples are standard rooms at both resorts).

Now it's clearer why the pricing is $1K, esp. going mid-to-late September. Don't blame you, certainly if you like the regular DP, it's the way to go.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #53
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Janet...Thanks for keeping the FAQ going. You're doing a great job keeping up with every thing

Still debating between POFQ (where we're booked now) or change to Pop. Family has stayed at Pop before back in '05 and loved it. It'll be DH & I and just can't decide between the two. BTW, we're not looking for a romantic trip, just a much needed get a way from reality!
2manypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #54
AnastasiaF
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Are you looking for "adjoining" or "connecting"? As you probably know, connecting has a door between the 2 rooms, adjoining is nearby, but doesn't have an inside door to go back and forth between the 2 rooms.

Make sure it is listed on your room reservation, and if it is the most important request, make sure it is listed first. We have never used the on-line feature, depending on what other requests you may have, suggest you might consider using the regular check in line. I'm sure others will chime in to let you know their experiences. This summer we elected not to do online check-in, and we had connecting, 60s, upper floor request. Just remember, that with using either option, you can always speak with a CM to discuss changing your room location if you are not satified with your assigned one.

As far as the scooter, yes you can charge them in your room (which most people do I believe) or as you mentioned you can recharge them at luggage services; available on a first come basis.
Thanks! I meant connecting but have been using the wrong word. I think I will wait to check in when we arrive to make sure we get what we need.

For some reason I wasn't sure if the scooter would take up too much space in the room. I keep picturing tiny amounts of free space!
AnastasiaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #55
SL30
Earning My Ears

I am fairly certain I will be switching to POP if and when a FD discount is announced for January since my LM room probably won't be included.

Any advice on which room type I should get. Away from noise, not concerned about proximity to pool but would like to be close to bus or food.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #56
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnastasiaF View Post
Thanks! I meant connecting but have been using the wrong word. I think I will wait to check in when we arrive to make sure we get what we need.

For some reason I wasn't sure if the scooter would take up too much space in the room. I keep picturing tiny amounts of free space!
Anastasia, make sure that you have "connecting" rooms requested with Disney and that your reservation is connected to the party with whom you're traveling. If you haven't already called in that request, do so. It may make a difference. If you've already done all of that, just ignore me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL30 View Post
I am fairly certain I will be switching to POP if and when a FD discount is announced for January since my LM room probably won't be included.

Any advice on which room type I should get. Away from noise, not concerned about proximity to pool but would like to be close to bus or food.
I have found the "lake view" rooms to be the most quiet. Take a look at the 2012 property map to see what you like. I have stayed in the 1950s and 1970s sections and didn't think either were too far from food or transportation. While it looks like a big sprawling property, it really doesn't take that long to walk anywhere.

No trip scheduled.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #57
Bobmc27
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone Well it's 9 days until I arrive at Pop. As this is my first time to WDW should I do the advance check in or wait until I arrive at the resort? I've read my packet and most things look straightforward. Also I'm travelling solo so I don't know if that plays into things at all. Thanks for all your help.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #58
Andrea464
Mouseketeer

I know this has been beat and I could search but someone out there wants to share their Pop knowledge and expertise.

Special needs were mentioned when making reservation. Do I note this on online check in as well or do I call to make sure?

ETA- 11 days until I leave!
June 2013: DisneyLand with my family & sister's family!
December 2014: 1st Cruise (Dream) with WDW stay
Andrea464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #59
Maxim
Earning My Ears

I am ā bit disapoiinted about Mousekeeping.
Didnt even Made the bed... We put the sheets back, but the pillow were not placed.
Looks Like only the towels were changed...
I leave a. 5$ Bill each morning.

I would have liked one towel animal during the stay, lol
ASM : XMas 1999
POP Century : Sept 27 to Oct 05 2012
If you think I write funny stuff, don't worry, it's only because I'm French
Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #60
ogreenlee
i surely didn't want to have to use the gorillapod
I'd tell my husband to bite it, but that's just me

Booked as POP first-timers, checking in 12/29 until 1/4! Happy New Year! Me, DH, DD9

We have a preferred room. Being close to the main building and close to the bus stop is important. I don't mind the walk, but trying to get a sleepy 9 yr old back to the room after a long day is of high priority. Not to mention, I'm notorious for going to pick up something from the cafe or store and forgetting something.

The theming looks fun. I'd love to have warm weather for our non-park days for the pool. When they say "heated", how heated does that mean?

Why do people go nuts over POP more so than most every other resort, from Deluxe to Value? #CultFollowing. I have to see for myself. So excited!
ogreenlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: